PDA

View Full Version : Oats with Home Flavoring vs Store Oats

Carpe Diem P.T
10-12-10, 9:06 am
im using shit boring oats even though theres all these flavoured ones out there. is the extra sugar in these flavoured ones a big risk to the guy busting ass to gain muscle without getting super fat.

IcedAbz
10-12-10, 11:59 am
I don't think you will get fat off the sweeteners or flavoring from those oats. That's if the rest of your diet is in check, have you tried adding a little bit of honey to that boring ass tasteless oats ?

dannynb
10-12-10, 1:48 pm
There's so many ways of adding flavor to your oats without all the processed sugar....fruits, honey, cinnamon.....mix it up.

Upstatebuilder07
10-12-10, 1:56 pm
There's so many ways of adding flavor to your oats without all the processed sugar....fruits, honey, cinnamon.....mix it up.

agreed, not need to use that junk, mix it up. I personally just throw my oats in a protein shake raw and consume. enjoy!

stumblin54
10-12-10, 6:00 pm
Those flavored oats out there come with a lot of sugar in them. Plain rolled oats are invaluable for their complex CHO content, and I would recommend you don't diminish this by adding all the simple sugars as with flavored, packet oats. Just add some splenda or whatever sweetener you'd use in your coffee to them and they'll taste fine. Those should be a staple in your diet!

Stumblin

MRmichael.hooker
10-12-10, 6:19 pm
agreed, not need to use that junk, mix it up. I personally just throw my oats in a protein shake raw and consume. enjoy!

i do this everyday lol. easy to eat and enjoy. Also, you can throw it in a bowl with water and protein powder. cook it just like normal oatmeal and comes out like pudding (depending on water of course). really delicious

GC
10-12-10, 6:34 pm
i do this everyday lol. easy to eat and enjoy. Also, you can throw it in a bowl with water and protein powder. cook it just like normal oatmeal and comes out like pudding (depending on water of course). really delicious

brilliant. i just add water, sliced banana then nuke it all...bon appetite

BarbellManiac
10-12-10, 6:49 pm
Put raw oats in a blender with some milk and peanut butter and chug it down as a part of your breakfast. I killed my taste buds the day I became serious about lifting :)

MRmichael.hooker
10-19-10, 1:41 pm
Put raw oats in a blender with some milk and peanut butter and chug it down as a part of your breakfast. I killed my taste buds the day I became serious about lifting :)

hahahaha yeah, sucks doesnt it. then when you finally do have a piece of cake or some shit, you don't even wanna finish it because you feel bad about it lol

BarbellManiac
10-20-10, 4:14 pm
hahahaha yeah, sucks doesnt it. then when you finally do have a piece of cake or some shit, you don't even wanna finish it because you feel bad about it lol

Yeah man, that's what the bodybuilding lifestyle does to you!

MRmichael.hooker
10-20-10, 8:15 pm
Yeah man, that's what the bodybuilding lifestyle does to you!

your not lieing! Saturday, I got promoted to SGT in the Army National Guard, and to celebrate, my wife and I went to see Jackass 3D (which by the way... totally fucking worth the $22 to see it!!) , and had a large popcorn because, you only make Sergeant one time in a career. Well Sunday, felt like shit all day long from the 'cheat meal' of popcorn. Cant even enjoy popcorn anymore

BarbellManiac
10-20-10, 8:25 pm
No kidding it's so amazing how tuned we are with our bodies. A normal guy wouldn't feel a thing the next day after eating those popcorns, but our bodies respond because they run on high octane fuel. Our bodies are high maintenance bitches LOL

P.S- Congrats on the promotion!

Carpe Diem P.T
10-21-10, 6:26 am
if im going to eat this shit every day for a long time, im not sacrificing taste just to tell people I do. I ll sacrifice it if I need to, but not to prove how awesome I am. So the plan is i have one pack of flavoured oats and mix it with 1 cup of natural oats. I do a good 2 hours a day of cardio through my job so i reckon i can afford that bit of sugar in the morning.

My current Diet looks like this:
7.15 8 egg whites and ½ cup oats
9.05 protein bar 30gm
10.05 protein shake 30gm
10.30 1 cup chicken and rice
12.30 steak burger
3.30 1/2 cup Rice and protein shake
5.30 pasta w/ chicken
9.30 protein shake 45gm
10.30 chicken breast and oats

vincentkuhns
10-23-10, 5:33 am
I agree with you,

Thanks for sharing that.

fawaz
10-25-10, 5:56 pm
look up the thread by me called 'great breakfast'.you will be surprised on how awesome it is.

NJC_Manhattan
10-25-10, 9:37 pm
If its prepackaged chances are there is stuff in there you don't want. Just mix up your oats. Protein powder, cinnamon, honey, nuts, etc.

DayDream
10-31-10, 4:35 pm
Adding protien to them while their cooking really adds flavour, a bit of honey on top, delicious :) Sometimes I even chop up a banana and throw that in.