PDA

View Full Version : best Lower lat exercises.

Upstatebuilder07
10-12-10, 2:18 pm
Whats up brothers, so I have come to the conclusion that my lats sit high and I am lacking lower lat development for that great V-taper look. I am going to add in some reverse grip rows, pulldowns and wide grip seated rows. Any other suggestions?

Aggression
10-12-10, 2:35 pm
Reverse Grip BB Rows
Reverse Grip Pulldowns
DB Rows
T-Bar Rows

Donvio
10-14-10, 12:09 am
This is gonna sound weird but I feel it more when I pull from my pinky and ring finger. Also, when i pull back and lower instead of just a straight pull (DB, BB rows). Hope this helps.

SpankyC
10-14-10, 12:33 am
Its not just doing the movement and going through the motions...make sure you feel the stretch and contraction out of every rep! Reverse BB Rows, One Arm Db Rows will slab on the mass.

prowrestler
10-14-10, 2:51 am
cant change your muscle attachemnts but you can deffinatly grow them.

any basic lift for lats will work great. pick some you feel the most and can lift the most weight on. progress in weight and eat as much protien as you can + cals from good food sources.

find something, stick to it and do not get fancy. personal reccomendation would be semi wide grip pulldowns and a 1 arm row. 4 sets to failure. if you get more then 30 total reps, time to add weight to the exercise. rinse n repeat.

Tony
10-14-10, 3:01 am
high pulley, straight bar, lat push downs. light to moderate weight. a squeeze from top to bottom. i get a lat of response from those. *lot

Mauricio
10-14-10, 4:13 am
pick some you feel the most and can lift the most weight on
amen. don't lower the weight to target a muscle. keep it heavy, focus on full contraction and you shouldn't need to change your routine that much. don't forget your hyperextensions, they help shape your lower back.

Razor
10-19-10, 2:07 pm
Reverse Grip BB Rows
Reverse Grip Pulldowns
DB Rows
T-Bar Rows

The guide to thickness right there. No question.

Beach91
10-19-10, 3:53 pm
i prefer Dorian style underhand grip rows, and deadlifts done heavy and proper hit the entire back.

As prowrestler said though, you can't change where your lats insert, but you can work your ass off to improve what you have

one thing i find a lot of, on back movements everyone piles on the weight and does half reps, using a bit list weight and actually holding the contraction may help your lats more than anything as you will build a mind muscle connection with them, and of course train them properly with a weight that you can handle

just my 2 pennies on the subject

GC
10-19-10, 7:58 pm
close grip pull downs, but face the opposite way. weird, but nice contraction.

Machine
10-19-10, 8:34 pm
Wide grip, double overhand grip barbell deadlifts...plain and simple

MACHINE

Donvio
10-20-10, 9:11 pm
I like the deadlifts too. Some times I can feel it in my back more on the smith machine. Better concentration.