PDA

View Full Version : Smart Balance Products for Fat

Donvio
10-12-10, 2:46 pm
Has anyone used any of the SB products? I use to use SB Butter to increase my fat intake. Also, the SB mayo for the same reasons. What do you guys think about these fat sources? Are they legit?

Aggression
10-12-10, 3:04 pm
I'll be honest, I don't get caught up in that stuff. If I use mayo, which is rare, I use regular mayo. Fuck it. For peanut butter, I use Skippy Natural Super Chunk, Extra Crunchy. Delicious. When it comes time to diet down for a show, then I totally eliminate both mayo and PB, so it doesn't matter at that point. If you're not in contest prep, just grab the good shit.

C.Coronato
10-12-10, 3:06 pm
Agreed with Aggression. Except i do rock Natty PB just because i like the taste. But if i use butter, its real butter. Same with mayo. I dont like all the diet, reduced fat, ect stuff. Many times it has worse stuff in there for you then the actual real product.

Aggression
10-12-10, 3:11 pm
Agreed with Aggression. Except i do rock Natty PB just because i like the taste. But if i use butter, its real butter. Same with mayo. I dont like all the diet, reduced fat, ect stuff. Many times it has worse stuff in there for you then the actual real product.

Yeah I rock Natty super chunk. I didn't even know they had it until I saw it last week in the store. Having a spoonful of the regular stuff now, damn, I can literally taste the sugar. Natty from now on. And good point on the butter. I use butter in my eggs in the morning. Straight butter. Not margarine, not 'I can't believe its not butter', straight butter.

Donvio
10-12-10, 3:27 pm
For me there isnt a huge difference between reg butter and SB butter. So I just prefer the the better "balance" of fats in SB. I use Costco Natty PB (Just salt and peanuts). I try and look at the off season as a pre-pre contest diet. Cheating maybe once week or every other week. I think I put on fat pretty easily. What are your guys thoughts on that type of thinking?

Donvio
10-12-10, 3:28 pm
I agree reg PB is damn sweet now haha.

Aggression
10-12-10, 3:34 pm
For me there isnt a huge difference between reg butter and SB butter. So I just prefer the the better "balance" of fats in SB. I use Costco Natty PB (Just salt and peanuts). I try and look at the off season as a pre-pre contest diet. Cheating maybe once week or every other week. I think I put on fat pretty easily. What are your guys thoughts on that type of thinking?

I'm the same way bro. I eat the same meals, day in, day out, 6 days per week during my off-season and then 1 day where I let loose a bit. All foods are strict and clean. But if I want to have something delicious, I do. I don't worry, and never have worried about certain types of foods when it comes to minor differences. I shop for what's on sale. I put on fat very easily too, so I'm forced to be strict. You gotta play with the cards you're dealt bro.

Donvio
10-12-10, 3:37 pm
That makes sense. Thanks a lot guys. Good feedback!

Big D
10-12-10, 3:41 pm
eat, drink, fuck and be merry.

the end.