PDA

View Full Version : With the coldness comes chili

Legacy
10-13-10, 12:27 am
Fall and winter are finally here, doesn't get extremely cold down here in the south but can hit the 20's and 30's some winters. At this time of year 1 thing comes to mind come feeding time - CHILI. Heres a recipe thats been in my family over 50 years thought I'd pass it on. Makes a decent amount too, lasts a few meals.

2 lbs. lean beef
2 cans (6 oz) tomato paste
1 onion chopped
1 large can of kidney beans
1 can of Rotel diced peppers
1 packet of McCormick Chili Mix
Salt and pepper to taste

Fry up the onions in a pan. Add the lean beef to the onions and cook. Once cooked, add 12 ounces of water, then add the seasonings and everything except the beans. Let it simmer for about an hour, then add in beans 20 mins before serving. I usually let mine simmer for 2 hours, let all the flavors soak in. I love eating this on a cold day, along with some cornbread. Easy and cheap meal.

Topher
10-13-10, 5:23 am
Thanks, will do soon!!!!

mritter3
10-13-10, 8:26 am
love this time of year...cuz i love me some big bowls of chili...great recipe man.

pushin weight
10-13-10, 9:48 am
Nice recipe...chili is such a great food, so many different ways to make it.

C.Coronato
10-13-10, 9:52 am
Awesome thanks bro. I love me some Chili!

AntoineV
10-19-10, 11:29 pm
I love chili I will try that

budd
10-24-10, 3:55 pm
i love chili, thanx a lot for the recipe!

MRmichael.hooker
10-24-10, 3:59 pm
my mom's always made her chili with spaghetti noodles in it. Not a SHITLOAD (like if you were eating spaghetti and meatballs or w/e) but enough to get some in your bowl. Might sound different, but i have yet to find any better than hers, and shes a pretty bad cook lol

Kevin Marshall
12-06-10, 6:34 pm
I have always been fantasized by chili. This was really a very good recipe. I must say I loved the dish and also I gave this recipe to all my friends, they even loved it. Chili is a good alternative to get rid of cold in winters. We can use chili in winters more in different recipe's to feel warm.