PDA

View Full Version : BIG ass.....

mundal
10-13-10, 2:51 am
I was wondering wtf is wrong with my ass muscles.... When i do my squats ( i always do them "ass to the grass" style) i always focus on my quads but after some time i have sorness mostly in my ass not in quads and due to that my ass muscles are growing much more than quads and it starts to look not aesthetically. Maybe the problem is that i should quit doing squads Ass to the grass style and go down only half way ? You think that could help ?

Of course i do other exersices on legs but they don't affect my ass muscles that much.

mundal
10-13-10, 2:52 am
I just want to add that there are only muscles on my ass - no body fat ;)

Deathride
10-13-10, 3:02 am
Squatting uses your posterior chain....if you squat correctly, your hip drive (glutes, hams) is far more involved than quads. I'm just learning this and if I do it right, my glutes are very sore the next day. It sounds like you are doing squats just fine! :-D

If you wanna target quads more precisely, I find zercher squats or front squats take away the posterior chain by shifting the centre of gravity of you and the weight forwards....heavy zerchers make my quads burn...

mundal
10-13-10, 6:42 am
Squatting uses your posterior chain....if you squat correctly, your hip drive (glutes, hams) is far more involved than quads. I'm just learning this and if I do it right, my glutes are very sore the next day. It sounds like you are doing squats just fine! :-D

If you wanna target quads more precisely, I find zercher squats or front squats take away the posterior chain by shifting the centre of gravity of you and the weight forwards....heavy zerchers make my quads burn...

thx bro i'll try those zercher squats see what happends. Thx again.

mnmvilla2002
10-13-10, 9:00 am
Deathride you are correct on the squat hitting the glutes.
mundal the Iron Guru (Vince Gironda) did not have his guys do back squats as he knew they didn't target the quads. Rather he have his guys do Hack or Front squats.
Smart move on your part mundal by seeing that one exercise was not working for you and looking to find a better way.

Aggression
10-13-10, 9:08 am
As others have said, hit up some front squats and hack squats. I used to squat ATG for YEARS and just recently started going just to parallel. It feels better and my quads get a bigger pump, plus you can handle more weight. You can always try that.

Big D
10-13-10, 9:18 am
As others have said, hit up some front squats and hack squats. I used to squat ATG for YEARS and just recently started going just to parallel. It feels better and my quads get a bigger pump, plus you can handle more weight. You can always try that.

but DONT start half squatting and look like every other fool in every other gym EVER.

if youre gunna squat parallel then make sure as shit that its down there

Aggression
10-13-10, 9:29 am
but DONT start half squatting and look like every other fool in every other gym EVER.

if youre gunna squat parallel then make sure as shit that its down there

Very true.

IronWilson
10-13-10, 10:12 am
Don't worry about your ass getting big. If your goal is to step on stage, powerful glutes are very impressive. And if your goal is just to look better, girls don't like pancake asses.

adidas
10-13-10, 1:30 pm
mundal the Iron Guru (Vince Gironda) did not have his guys do back squats as he knew they didn't target the quads. Rather he have his guys do Hack or Front squats.
Smart move on your part mundal by seeing that one exercise was not working for you and looking to find a better way.

sissy sqauts! Learn to love to hate them.

mundal
10-13-10, 3:38 pm
sissy sqauts! Learn to love to hate them.

You said it bro ! I'll try front squats and see what happens. I don't train for contests just for myself. And actually as Big D said i don't wanna be one of those fools pretending that their squating and what they do is just rooar with enormous amounts of weight that they just can't handle. Peace.

SpankyC
10-13-10, 4:06 pm
I was wondering wtf is wrong with my ass muscles.... When i do my squats ( i always do them "ass to the grass" style) i always focus on my quads but after some time i have sorness mostly in my ass not in quads and due to that my ass muscles are growing much more than quads and it starts to look not aesthetically. Maybe the problem is that i should quit doing squads Ass to the grass style and go down only half way ? You think that could help ?

Of course i do other exersices on legs but they don't affect my ass muscles that much.

Put a 5lb or 10lb plate under your heels and do squats or front squats, the tension will be to your quads now instead of just hams and ass.

Big Wides
10-13-10, 4:08 pm
chicks dig scars and big asses....keep on squatting

Donvio
10-14-10, 12:30 am
I like to throw in box squats to maximize the "squat to parallel" approach. Be careful with putting plates under your heals due to the fact that it emphasize tightness in your calf. It is just like when you see guys that their heels raise when doing squats. Its because of tightness in the calfs.

SpankyC
10-14-10, 12:32 am
I like to throw in box squats to maximize the "squat to parallel" approach. Be careful with putting plates under your heals due to the fact that it emphasize tightness in your calf. It is just like when you see guys that their heels raise when doing squats. Its because of tightness in the calfs.

hmmm never noticed

Chosen One
10-19-10, 5:06 pm
Maybe pick up your chin, get a more fluid motion in the squat so the stress is on your legs and behind you

Vaze_06
10-20-10, 10:44 pm
chicks dig scars and big asses....keep on squatting

big ass?! DUH! (yes, we do look)
scars ... says who?! lol