PDA

View Full Version : Arm Workout Question

_Trainlikeafreak
10-13-10, 1:42 pm
Hey bro's,
On arm training days do you find it more beneficial to do all of triceps then biceps or alternate between the two every workout?

Thanks

C.Coronato
10-13-10, 1:51 pm
I like to do all my biceps first, and then all triceps, and then all forearms.

chiefMD
10-13-10, 2:21 pm
i seperate them into push and pull days. lots of people do it different ways. just have to find out what works for you.

MRmichael.hooker
10-13-10, 2:24 pm
i like to switch. I've done em on diff days and on same day, and i like doin em together more. Only reason is I get a much better pump, and thats also why I switch bis first, or tris first.

mritter3
10-13-10, 2:34 pm
i go back and forth on this one...if it is a heavy day...then i switch it up between the 2...if its a quick arm day...then i kill the bi's first...then tear the tri's up...i think its good to do them both ways to keep the muscle groups guessing.

machineman
10-13-10, 3:12 pm
i seperate them into push and pull days. lots of people do it different ways. just have to find out what works for you.

Same here. On bench day I hit up tri's and on deadlift day I hit up bi's. If I throw in an accessory day, I will do both but light weights and more reps.

PIJW
10-13-10, 4:33 pm
I used to do push pull but had to change it up some and now i do all ARMS on one day. I like to alternate between the 2 doing the largest movement(heaviest weight) 1st. then followed by some smaller isolated movements. At the end i hit my forearms with one or 2 exercises just to finish up.

pushin weight
10-13-10, 5:59 pm
superset bi's and tri's

IcedAbz
10-13-10, 11:43 pm
I always go really heavy with one or the other, so the one i plan to smash, goes first. I usually throw a superset of tris and bis in between as this transition from going from one to the other, i find it really effective.

MELTDOWN
10-13-10, 11:49 pm
superset bi's and tri's

Ditto (typically), but I'm now in the middle of a modifed "Circuit Breaker" and bi's and tri's have their own day.

msktyshha
10-14-10, 12:22 am
I have been having trouble bringing up my biceps for a long time...recently I started training my biceps with chest and triceps with back and found it very efficient

JasonG
10-14-10, 4:06 am
Everything works. I used to think training triceps before biceps because I felt it would be hard to get a good contraction on triceps when my biceps were pumped. Now my triceps are better developed than my biceps so I do biceps first. I like the superset idea too.

Razor
10-14-10, 11:43 am

Agreed. I do my biceps on Chest day and Triceps on Shoulders day.

S. Clarida
10-19-10, 2:14 pm
Arm day for me consist of bis and tris. I alternate between bis and tris. Always stuck w/this plan and it's always worked for me.

Chosen One
10-19-10, 5:04 pm
I alternate, since my triceps can carry a lot heavier load I go for a kind of build with biceps and define with triceps.