PDA

View Full Version : Elbow Wraps?

Redbeard
10-13-10, 4:07 pm
Often when I bench I feel a bit of pain in my arm around the elbow and lower part of the bicep. This is often worst on the first rep, which I incidentally have a hard time getting full ROM on. Considering ordering elbow wraps but thought I'd ask if anyone had experience with them or recommendations.

SpankyC
10-13-10, 4:08 pm
Do what ever feels right!

Big D
10-13-10, 4:10 pm
yes.

wihtout question.

get them and get them now haha i use sleeves during every workout.

elitefts.com.

bam

Redbeard
10-13-10, 5:48 pm
Thanks guys. So I'm thinking of these:

http://www.elitefts.com/view/?sp=3015

But they break it down by weight. I weigh just about 175 so I could go Medium or Large. Large I could hope to grow into a little more, but if it's too loose to help me grow then it's a moot point. How tight do these things have to be to provide benefit?

Cellardweller
10-19-10, 5:22 pm
I'm looking for elbow support too. I get bursitis in my left elbow. What do you guys think of wraps vs. sleeves? I was thinking about something like this

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/gl/elasticelbowrap.html

Which will give better support?

Jay
10-19-10, 8:10 pm
I wear my elbow sleeves for chest/tris/shoulders. I have never tried wraps, but it seems they may loosen of fall off? The sleeves are good but after a few sets the sorness creeps in. Haveing said that I wouldnt train without em

Machine
10-19-10, 8:32 pm
Elbow sleeves should be used to acheive greater physical warmth in the joint; but people should understand that while they can provide a feeling of support...one would not be wise to depend upon them for every pressing movement. I just worry about the state of people who need a total compliment of training gear; I think it goes against what physical training is all about. At some point; especially for the non-competetive lifter, you need to be able to walk of the street into a gym strip into the sweats and dirty shirt and knock off a productive workout.

at what point do we become the tools of our tools?

MACHINE

Big Al
10-19-10, 10:32 pm
MACHINE , you said it. They are great for keeping the joint warm and getting those tendons warm. I use my sleeves when I bench almost every time now after coming back from the tricept tare.I dont use them on arm day unless I am in pain. Again they are a tool to help train not a cruch.
I will say if you train harder and feel safer then go for it.

mritter3
10-19-10, 10:37 pm
yes.

wihtout question.

get them and get them now haha i use sleeves during every workout.

elitefts.com.

bam

agreed i just started using them last week, and they make a huge difference in how my elbows feel during bench and arm work....def recommend

BamBam
10-20-10, 12:23 pm
You could also look into getting rehband sleeves. I use them on my knees to get warm and then take em off for my lighter sets, then may keep em on for my heavy one rep max effort stuff. Probably going to look into getting sleeves myself before too long because I have some nerve problems in both my elbows.