PDA

View Full Version : The FORVM Is Undergoing An Upgrade

J-Dawg
10-14-10, 11:57 am
The FORVM was undergoing a major update late last week that created some technical difficulties as most of you are aware. If you happen to encounter something that doesn't work or that looks strange based on how you've come to know the FORVM unique "look", please post it in here. We apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience as we go through some growing pains.

J-Dawg
10-14-10, 11:59 am
Just got an error after posting. Will have to address this.

PIJW
10-19-10, 12:43 pm
Not sure if its an error, but the BRIGHT yellow on posting is hard to see some times what is written within it

machineman
10-19-10, 12:45 pm
Not sure if its an error, but the BRIGHT yellow on posting is hard to see some times what is written within it

I was noticing that as well as the white background too. I was looking to see if there was somewhere to change that but I don't see anything.

ghost
10-19-10, 1:44 pm
i know that it is hard to read the quoted posts. white bg with grey text...

wedge
10-19-10, 1:47 pm
i know that it is hard to read the quoted posts. white bg with grey text...

Yeah. I'm hoping it is addressed as they get it up on all cylinders.

charlievanriper
10-19-10, 2:18 pm
Sorry to express mine and a bunch of forum members opinion but this change is totally gay, dont like it. Cant read posts. I quess some Corporate efficiency nut decided to screw with what works again!

naturalguy
10-19-10, 4:45 pm
Sorry to express mine and a bunch of forum members opinion but this change is totally gay, dont like it. Cant read posts. I quess some Corporate efficiency nut decided to screw with what works again!

The FORVM is still going through the upgrades, this is just temporary, it will look very much like the original FORVM but with some upgraded features. Sorry for the inconvenience

Mr. Dead
10-19-10, 4:49 pm
The FORVM is still going through the upgrades, this is just temporary, it will look very much like the original FORVM but with some upgraded features. Sorry for the inconvenience

Good to know...

J-Dawg
10-19-10, 4:51 pm
Please see update information here: http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?33854-ATTENTION-Temporary-Hours-of-Operation-for-the-FORVM

All will be addressed. A lot of what you see will be fixed but it's going to take us a little bit of time. We just didn't want the FORVM to be down any longer than what it had already been down for.

JUGGERNAUT
10-19-10, 4:52 pm
w/blinding colors

Razor
10-19-10, 5:40 pm

Just glad the Forvm is back! haha

Hercules
10-19-10, 7:42 pm
Just glad the Forvm is back! haha

x2. I've been checking all weekend and Monday morning. It sucks that the FORVM was/will be down (especially when the Agent O logs are being followed by so many), but if the changes are for the good of the Animal community as a whole then I'm sure it'll be worth the down-time...

Jay
10-19-10, 8:11 pm
Really liking the new site here!!! Looks good, and seems to be easier on the eyes..

Razor
10-19-10, 8:27 pm
Really liking the new site here!!! Looks good, and seems to be easier on the eyes..

Yeah VBulletin is good like that. They deliver when it comes to upgrades or enhancements.

DetroitMuscle
10-20-10, 12:28 pm
As a Web Designer myself you will get 300% patience from me on this matter haha. If there is one thing I have learned in my years in this field its that NOTHING ever works the way its supposed to the first time...or the second...or the third...or the 100th LOL

Razor
10-20-10, 12:31 pm
As a Web Designer myself you will get 300% patience from me on this matter haha. If there is one thing I have learned in my years in this field its that NOTHING ever works the way its supposed to the first time...or the second...or the third...or the 100th LOL

Yep same here! In fact i have 2 websites im working on right now that are delayed while i do maintenance on my end haha.

J-Dawg
10-20-10, 1:27 pm
Yeah VBulletin is good like that. They deliver when it comes to upgrades or enhancements.

vBulletin is great when it comes to upgrades and enhancements for making the overall forum experience more streamlined. The hard part is if you want to customize the website to your liking. Takes a long time, haha.

Appreciate that brother. Losing all of stylistic templates that have been applied since the get-go wasn't a fun thing to experience. We realize how it appears at the moment and hope everyone can be patient as we fine tune the images for the best Animal experience possible.

Yep same here! In fact i have 2 websites im working on right now that are delayed while i do maintenance on my end haha.

Haha, good luck with those sites Razor.

Razor
10-20-10, 1:28 pm
Haha, good luck with those sites Razor.

haha thanks J.

J-Dawg
10-21-10, 12:55 pm
You may already be noticing a number of noticeable updates being made. It's coming along slowly but surely.

ghost
10-21-10, 1:45 pm
i love the "New shit" "old shit" images next to the sections. those are awesome.

naturalguy
10-21-10, 2:09 pm
i love the "New shit" "old shit" images next to the sections. those are awesome.

That definitely looks cool

Razor
10-21-10, 2:14 pm

Yeah kudos to the designer on those! Truly badass.

Razor
10-21-10, 2:21 pm
Forum looks REALLY good fellas. Keep up the good work!

J-Dawg
10-26-10, 12:23 pm
How are we looking now? Still some minor tweaks need to be made but I'm liking how it's shaping up.

PIJW
10-26-10, 12:24 pm
took some getting adjusted to, but it is shaping up very nicely

Razor
10-26-10, 12:27 pm
How are we looking now? Still some minor tweaks need to be made but I'm liking how it's shaping up.

We're looking damn good J. Only thing ive caught so far is the "other options" box being a bit off when replying in a thread. Other than that haven't seen anything else.