PDA

View Full Version : Any Thoughts?

Cellardweller
10-19-10, 5:57 pm
Maybe you guys can help me out with something. EVERYONE in my family is diabetic. Everyone. I am not. I'll be 38 this December. I was 240 when I stopped working out and was pushing 280 when I started back. I've been kicking it for 2 years now and have lost 20lbs and my strength is climbing. At about 270 I was 23% BF. I haven't measured lately. The doc asked me if I was fasting before he drew my blood. I actually had 2 meals in already. He said my sugar was actually low, but he wants to put me on an oral diabetic med anyway because it would make me more sensitive to my own insulin and help me loose weight. I'm carrying some belly fat but thats pretty much it. I've worked so hard to be healthy, strong and to not be sick and he wants me to take the meds anyway. I kinda felt defeated, but then I thought it might not hurt. I don't know if I should do it. I know insulin plays a role in muscle development. I had planned to keep strength training until my birthday (Dec 30) then step up the cardio, cut out some carbs and try to cut down some. He wants to see me in January again. Part of me is curious to try it and the other part of me is pissed at the suggestion and just wants to bump up my plans to cut and show him what a dedicated Animal can do. I know this is up to me and I'm not expecting anyone to make a decision for me, but I wouldn't mind some input.

Cellardweller
10-20-10, 5:49 pm
Woke up pissed about this today. I'm already losing weight. I don't need no pill. I don't need no fucking crutch. I'm stepping it up and my new goal is to be 240 or better by the time I see my MD again in Jan. Anyone want to follow the action hear's my journey:

http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?31309-Taking-out-the-Trash/page10