PDA

View Full Version : Exercises to fill middle peck

NashoArms
10-20-10, 10:13 pm
To first start off when I do my front lat pose I have a 2 to 2.5inch gap in the middle of my chest. Either its genetics or something I dont really know how to fill in the part of the chest. If you dont quite know what im talking about just imagine a 2 inch crater in the middle of your chest.. Thats what Im trying to fill in.

2nd question. Im in my off season so would cable crossovers be a good idea even if im trying to fill that missing black hole in my chest?

zubda345
10-22-10, 12:19 am
Yep, U can try doing Pec dec, Flyes, Cables. Stick to that for a while n let us know your results... Remember U also have to Eat right in order to FILL OUT any part of body with Muscle, I remember that I read some where that putting 1 kg of muscle on your body is a lot harder than loosing 1kg of FAT!!

MRmichael.hooker
10-22-10, 12:25 pm
everyones opinion will be different. Some will tell you isolation, most on this site will say compound. I do believe in pressing movements to add size. The best/worst for your chest is flat bbell bench. Really helps add size, but if done unsafe, it can cause alot of injuries. I do really enjoy incline bench (bbell or dbell) and even if you are doing incline, it does still hit the middle pec. I would def. suggest doing your compound FIRST since you are weaker in your middle chest, then finishing off with maybe an isolation to target your trouble area and leave it full of blood. Like stated above, you gotta eat to make it grow though. Just keep working at it and eventually it won't be lagging. Might take 2 months, might take 6. Oh well, keep working till its where you want it. You might wanna consider a program geared towards lagging parts, not limited to but maybe a FST7 type of workout for your chest. I dont promote only certain types of routines, as everyones body reacts to different things, but I do know that was created specifically for lagging parts

prowrestler
10-22-10, 1:33 pm
ill take it you dont bench 405 for reps yet?

Fricano
10-22-10, 7:13 pm
There’s no such thing as focusing on your inner or outer chest muscles. Many people believe that flat bench flyes will work your outer chest while the peck deck flyes work your inner chest. This is more of an illusion that comes from the fact that each exercise places greater stress on your chest at different points in the range of motion.
The whole idea of working the inner/outer chest is flawed because it assumes that you can flex one end of a strand of muscle and not the other end. When you muscles contract, the whole entire muscle contracts, not just one end or the other. You cannot contract the bottom of your bicep without the entire bicep muscle getting shorter. It’s just not possible.
Stick to the basics. A training program that uses a flat bench pressing movement, an incline movement, and some dips will fulfill your chest training needs for quite a while. Stick to these basic movements before you get too carried away doing cable crossovers or other flye movements.

blaine
10-22-10, 11:47 pm
heavy flat, incline, decline presses and weighted dips works for me
i hit up pec dec and flies to get that good pump feeling
stressing that chest with presses and dips is what u need to fill your middle pec

Mauricio
10-23-10, 1:51 am
i like prowrestler's response better, there ain't no magical routine or isolation movement that will make you develop your muscles. human muscles grow in proportion to your strength, the heavier you lift the bigger your muscles will get. simple.

Fricano
10-23-10, 11:57 am
i like prowrestler's response better, there ain't no magical routine or isolation movement that will make you develop your muscles. human muscles grow in proportion to your strength, the heavier you lift the bigger your muscles will get. simple.
Not necessarily true. One look at powerlifters and you will see that muscle size does not mean strength. There is a connection but it is not proportional. Just think if that were true Jay Cutler would also be one of the best powerlifters. Granted he can lift a lot of weight but smaller people can out lift him.

prowrestler
10-23-10, 3:34 pm
Not necessarily true. One look at powerlifters and you will see that muscle size does not mean strength. There is a connection but it is not proportional. Just think if that were true Jay Cutler would also be one of the best powerlifters. Granted he can lift a lot of weight but smaller people can out lift him.

powerlifters train for max output.

if you get stronger in the correct rep zone, you will gain muscle tissue. its what are body does.

anyone who benchs 405 for 10 reps wont be lacking in the chest area

Mauricio
10-23-10, 7:10 pm
can you please list the people who can outlift him instead of just making stuff up bro? by smaller you mean less developed? i'm sure if you give jay cutler a powerlifting routine he'd wreck shit up in a year or two. but it's two different routines, two different goals. the same statement holds true: your muscles only develop when there's a need for them to grow i.e. increased demands, do all the pec deck, incline decline flyes you want but if you can't push up 400lb+ you won't get a defined chest.

J A Y
10-23-10, 7:34 pm
id go as far as to say this is one of the BIGGEST myths out there

there is no middle/inner/outer pec or whatever the hell you want to call them, there are two muscles that make up the pecs:

pec major
pec minor

it will be mostly determined by genetics, and what pro is trying to say by benching 405 for 10 reps and you wont lack in the pec area to some extent is very true... you just have to train for a very long period of time to fill your chest out properly, eat lots of food and be patient!!!

BIGK77
10-23-10, 7:36 pm
Hey brother there is all kinds of good advice on this thread i would say lift hard and heavy squeeze that chest every rep and it will grow.

prowrestler
10-23-10, 7:37 pm
id go as far as to say this is one of the BIGGEST myths out there

there is no middle/inner/outer pec or whatever the hell you want to call them, there are two muscles that make up the pecs:

pec major
pec minor

it will be mostly determined by genetics, and what pro is trying to say by benching 405 for 10 reps and you wont lack in the pec area to some extent is very true... you just have to train for a very long period of time to fill your chest out properly, eat lots of food and be patient!!!
no your wrong, i actually only post things that are NOT true. i lied, benching 405+ for many reps will actually make your chest resemble a female runway models...
obviously right

J A Y
10-23-10, 7:57 pm
no your wrong, i actually only post things that are NOT true. i lied, benching 405+ for many reps will actually make your chest resemble a female runway models...
obviously right

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-BgF-QFmcM8&feature=related

on a more serious note...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g_WafmJDl0A

ronnie coleman, been training a very very long time, almost perfect genetics and pushing alot of weight... is he lacking in the middle chest area?