PDA

View Full Version : Depressing high school wrestling season (Heavy Weight)?

ZombiePower
10-21-10, 9:42 pm
i have to wrestle some heavyweight kid whos 230 lbs benches 365 lbs he lifted a heavyweight 280 pound kid and slammed him the kid is chubby fat but hes still strong im not cutting weight the school needs more H Weights but yeah im not scared just depress cause every practice im gonna get fuckign destroyed im 240 pounds a chubby kid about 3 inches taller than him 170 bench press damn man its gonna be so dpressing im not even gonna get practice in and to make matters worse in school he tries to get me to fight him so a angry strong kid is coming at me shit whatever im committed to wrestling what should i do?

Im not a punk and will take on anyone but when you know you will lose yeah its depressing as fuck.

ZPOWER just remembered my password after 4 months but yeah im back and ready

ZombiePower
10-27-10, 11:53 pm
need some tips on getting stronger im not gonna just give up on myself

C.Coronato
11-01-10, 1:53 pm
Nothing wrong with playing up. I know some of the best athletes around my town always played up and went against the older, heavier, harder kids. Think of it as a constant challenge to better yourself. If you go against someone who is smaller, weaker, and younger .. what are you learning? Are you going to get any better if you dont challenge yourself my man? I think your in a good spot brother. Fight for that number one.

ZombiePower
11-02-10, 8:42 pm
thanks coronato i need help with strengthing my hip muscles for back support and explosion in my legs my back is fucked up from freshman year in high school when i didnt know how to lift and the safety but yeah need help with that..

ZP

C.Coronato
11-03-10, 10:40 am
Hit up guys like Big D, Big Wides, Seath .. These guys are all strong powerlifters that can certainly help with your hip flexors and getting them going again.

ZombiePower
11-14-10, 8:12 pm
got certified yesterday im 245 lbs 30% body fat and 5feet 9inches is that bad or good

do knee pushups help?

Sandman
11-14-10, 9:47 pm
Keep your head up bro. Havin to move someone heavier than u everyday at practice will actually make u stronger than u think. When i wrestled i HS i was a 152 and ALWAYS practiced with the 160's or 175's. As far as him wanting to fight you, sounds like maybe his intimidated by you. Usually the only reason someone want to fight is they are some what intimidated for what ever reason.

Cstlfx
11-14-10, 11:14 pm
Deadlifts (sumo and conventional) and low box squats will help your back, hips, and all of your legs. Strongman lifts are great as well, stones, logs, etc. If you are all ready in season, it probably wont help until next season.

Focus on being quick. His strength only becomes a factor when he can grab a hold of you!! Wrestling against someone who is bigger and stronger is not a bad thing as long as you keep fighting back and dont give up. It will pay off before you know it.

Seath308
11-15-10, 11:27 pm
i have to wrestle some heavyweight kid whos 230 lbs benches 365 lbs he lifted a heavyweight 280 pound kid and slammed him the kid is chubby fat but hes still strong im not cutting weight the school needs more H Weights but yeah im not scared just depress cause every practice im gonna get fuckign destroyed im 240 pounds a chubby kid about 3 inches taller than him 170 bench press damn man its gonna be so dpressing im not even gonna get practice in and to make matters worse in school he tries to get me to fight him so a angry strong kid is coming at me shit whatever im committed to wrestling what should i do?

Im not a punk and will take on anyone but when you know you will lose yeah its depressing as fuck.

I Wrestled all 4 years in high school I made it to the State Finals and Lost (2nd place in state) my senior year I also wrestled heavyweight. In High school I was not a Big heavy weight at all. I weigh like 295 right now in highschool my senior year I weighed in at state at 225. I was also captain of my team and I am also going to help coach my old high school. You can't be walking on the mat with a negative attitude thinking you are going to lose. You have to walk in there not give a fuck what happens and keep going 100% till the match is over. YOU HAVE GOT TO COMPETE! Thats what I would always tell my teammates before a match just get in there and compete with your opponent and never give up. Now that we have got the mental stuff out of the way lets talk mat skills. What type of a wrestler are you? are you a shooter? a thrower? a body-lock guy? If you really want to be a bad ass heavy weight you NEED to learn a power-double. Heavy weight never expect it and you can really catch them off guard. DAMN I wish I could get on the mat with you and show you some stuff the kid you have to wrestle sound like a punk ass bitch! I'll make you a video On wednesday aight brother? I'll explaining how I set up my double and how I finish it! I'll post it on youtube and post the link here.

ZombiePower
11-16-10, 7:26 pm
much encouragment,today coach paired me up with him and we had to do moves to eachother i didnt know know we were doing his diffrent move where he does like a side supplex damnit that shit hurt he didnt let me do it and on the third one he went his hardest almost KOed my ass fuck im not just typing this just cause im behind computer screen but im gonna fight this kid hes pissing me off

ZombiePower
11-16-10, 8:22 pm
I Wrestled all 4 years in high school I made it to the State Finals and Lost (2nd place in state) my senior year I also wrestled heavyweight. In High school I was not a Big heavy weight at all. I weigh like 295 right now in highschool my senior year I weighed in at state at 225. I was also captain of my team and I am also going to help coach my old high school. You can't be walking on the mat with a negative attitude thinking you are going to lose. You have to walk in there not give a fuck what happens and keep going 100% till the match is over. YOU HAVE GOT TO COMPETE! Thats what I would always tell my teammates before a match just get in there and compete with your opponent and never give up. Now that we have got the mental stuff out of the way lets talk mat skills. What type of a wrestler are you? are you a shooter? a thrower? a body-lock guy? If you really want to be a bad ass heavy weight you NEED to learn a power-double. Heavy weight never expect it and you can really catch them off guard. DAMN I wish I could get on the mat with you and show you some stuff the kid you have to wrestle sound like a punk ass bitch! I'll make you a video On wednesday aight brother? I'll explaining how I set up my double and how I finish it! I'll post it on youtube and post the link here.

i started like 3 weeks ago but havent developed a style cause im not really strong and its kind of hard to develop a style when you got dudes twice as strong as you dominating me im trying my best in all my coches say and i dont whine about shit but just gotta get strong but not during wrestling season

Maccabee
11-16-10, 11:46 pm
I beat a man once who was literally three times my size. I thought he was going to kill me. No joke..I was terrified.

He was stronger, bigger, faster, just everything better then me.

He wanted to beat up a smaller guy to show everyone how strong he was.

Small weak guys just stand there and block the hits...thats what usually happens. I did the opposite. I didnt want to get hurt so I attacked first and real fast. I went crazy and kicked his ass.

He didnt expect it and I won. I felt bad but in the end I got my respect and no one else messed with me.

Same thing here bro. I know you think this is just words, but its not because I went through it.

You can beat him! Get mad and just break this guy. Dont wait for him to attack.

You get in there and give 100%.

If you lose then lose like a man with your head held high. Thats it.

If he wants to fight you outside of school...make a fist and break his face. I know these assholes..they want to seem tough by asking others to fight.

I am mad now because I went through the same thing as you. Dont let them walk over you. Walk away until they hit you first.

Best of luck to you. I hope you kick his ass. Let us know how it goes down.

ZombiePower
11-20-10, 7:32 pm
here it comes its been 4 weeks and we had about 9 heavyweights and they all bitched out so we have 3 now me a good freind of mine and the dude im talking about is paired up with me gotta mentally get through the pain hes gonna put me through but im gonna be better than him whatever it takes ill do wish me luck

ZombiePower
11-22-10, 9:17 pm
was a good day i just need to be quicker and im a little bit weaker than everyone

ZombiePower
11-24-10, 2:50 pm
how can i get my speed up for wrestling

Carrnage
11-24-10, 11:21 pm

Go to youtube and watch Stone Cold Steve Austin segments, itl make your mindset into a badass, guranteed!!!

ZombiePower
12-07-10, 10:55 pm
some trouble with another student in school almost got kicked off the team new high school new challenges
still need some more hip strengthening exercises my gym membership got cancelled a week ago

richvanv
12-07-10, 11:22 pm
Hey man glad to see your stickin with it. I wouldn't worry to much about getting stronger this year, practice technique. Work on the basics, find a takedown that works for your style and master it. Find a breakdown/pinning combo as well as an escape/reversal move and master those as well. With four moves you can be an awesome wrestler, once you get the move down (talkin alot of reps think high 1000's here) then work your setups into those move. Work you explosive power thru your standups and try and strengthen your hips with alot of drive steps and wrestling. Your focus should be on wrestling right now not on the weights. Also, conditioning is huge especially with HW's. If you can go hard and push the other wrestler for two rounds tire him out and carry that into the third roundyou can be successful in that weight class. After your season is over find a freestyle club and stick with it in the off season. This is when you want to improve your strength. I would suggest 5/3/1 because that is what I use, its a fairly easy program to run and if you bust your ass it will make you an animal.

Stand up drill for explosive power http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b0AJnnYUh4A&feature=related

Hope this helps man just keep at it, your young and big, by the time your a senior you should be that guy that people are afraid of.

ZombiePower
12-20-10, 9:32 am
bad news last wednsday coach kicked me off the team to get my grades up and get ready for summer wrestling club. got really lazy probably put up a good 8 pounds in 5 days, its winter break
no school i wanna work out my cardio, all i have is my house to run around and an three open sided garage.
help on some cardio to do. this is not the type of neighborhood to be running around the block waving at people trust me.

ZombiePower
05-09-11, 4:40 pm
anyone have leg workouts without weights?

Carrnage
05-09-11, 11:26 pm
anyone have leg workouts without weights?

bodyweight squats

oh and burpees

Hollow
05-10-11, 7:25 am
bodyweight squats

oh and burpees

...and lunges.

KapDADDY
05-10-11, 11:07 pm
hey bro, i wrestle up in illinois for the 160 lb weight class... for sure get some cleans in like hang clean power clean db snatches, all that good shit, that will help your shot and your overall explosiveness a shit ton. also, get a ton of cardio in... if you haven't realized the heavyweights all go hard for the first period, then the second period they're getting tired and third period they are fuckin dead. if youw ant to beat this kid and start on varsity, go hard all 3 periods... it may not sounds like much fun at all, but shit being a wrestler... is anything fun...