PDA

View Full Version : Tricep Lateral Head help

MRmichael.hooker
10-22-10, 5:11 pm
My long head is nice and full, and doing side tri poses, my horseshoe is coming in nicely and detailed, but my lat. head is really lagging compaired to the long head. I have good definition, but no 3D to it. Any suggestions?

SpankyC
10-22-10, 10:12 pm
If your asking for a secret movement to "magically give you 3d to your triceps", we have no answer. But all I can say to bring up your triceps, its going to take time and time! A long time! Keep pounding the food, supps, sleep! Keep progressing on your compound movements and limit your sets. Can you post your current training routine, and the numbers on your lifts, and the measurements on your arms, we can def help from there.

MRmichael.hooker
10-22-10, 10:37 pm
If your asking for a secret movement to "magically give you 3d to your triceps", we have no answer. But all I can say to bring up your triceps, its going to take time and time! A long time! Keep pounding the food, supps, sleep! Keep progressing on your compound movements and limit your sets. Can you post your current training routine, and the numbers on your lifts, and the measurements on your arms, we can def help from there.

i know there are no 'secret training movements', just obviously some movements hit certain parts of the body better than others. If you want to widen your lat spread, doing back extensions isnt gonna do the trick. Only thing I really know for direct work to the lateral head is rope pushdowns, and widegrip pushdowns. I didn't know if there were anyothers I just couldn't think of

SpankyC
10-22-10, 10:40 pm
i know there are no 'secret training movements', just obviously some movements hit certain parts of the body better than others. If you want to widen your lat spread, doing back extensions isnt gonna do the trick. Only thing I really know for direct work to the lateral head is rope pushdowns, and widegrip pushdowns. I didn't know if there were anyothers I just couldn't think of

close grip bench press
weighted tricep dips
skullcrushers
pushdowns (1 set narrow, 1 set wide, 1 set rope)

Focus on those, if the most effective mass builders dont do the job that means your form might be a little sloppy, mind muscle connection is key!

Donvio
10-22-10, 10:43 pm
I put some awesome mass on my tri's by either doing incline skull crushers or close grip smith machine bench every workout. All I did was switch up the order of the exercises. I went heavy and did drop sets for my last set.

sideburnz
10-23-10, 5:29 am
close grip bench press
weighted tricep dips
skullcrushers
pushdowns (1 set narrow, 1 set wide, 1 set rope)

Focus on those, if the most effective mass builders dont do the job that means your form might be a little sloppy, mind muscle connection is key!

Try doing the rope pushdowns 1st on the order as it lets u use more power on your weak point.

prowrestler
10-23-10, 8:45 am
any exercise that has the elbow directly under the bar activates lateral head alot.

cg benching and dips are your best bet. overhead pin press from head level is a real good 1 also

pushin weight
10-23-10, 11:54 am
I have a great move ive been doing for my last exercise on tris for the past 2 weeks and its really effective.I do recomend doing this move last.
One arm rope push downs as heavy as you can go to get 6-8 reps for 3 sets.Now here is the kicker.On the last set when you cant bring the rope down use your other hand to assit the weight all the way down and let the negative portion of the rep be the focus point.Do this till you cant hold the negative any more.This move has really been a plateau buster for my tricep training.It also really stimulates the forearm as well and delivers a sick pump to finish off your workout.Try it and let me know how you like it.