PDA

View Full Version : Blood Work Analysis

Donvio
10-22-10, 10:52 pm
So I just got my blood work done and the results weren't too bad. My iron levels are high and my cholesterol is slightly above average. Any suggestions about these two issues? When bulking I eat about 8oz protein per meal. I might do a maintenance phase of about 4-5oz per meal. What are your guys thoughts?

never_2_big
10-23-10, 12:31 am
A good way to get your iron levels back to normal is go GIVE BLOOD... not only with this help you out with something but you also have the chance to save a life...

As for cholestrol reduction... Im no doctor nor am I a nutritionist but a few basic guidelines to remember is to get enough omega 3, 6 and 9's in your diet, increase your fibre intake.

Eat good nuts like almonds and walnuts.. again good fats and a plant sterol supplement may also help...

Oh and olive oil... that stuff is liquid gold!

NJC_Manhattan
10-23-10, 1:20 am
Blood work is so important. Get that done once every 6 months to a year to make sure Im functioning properly.

Omegas good for choles, cardio, lower bad fats intake, lower sugar, etc.

Donvio
10-23-10, 6:03 pm
I cant give blood because I was in Italy during a "mad cow disease" time or something. All good advice though!

never_2_big
10-23-10, 7:09 pm
I cant give blood because I was in Italy during a "mad cow disease" time or something. All good advice though!

If you talk to your doc they might be able to tell you where to go to get blood taken, people with haemacromotosis need to expel iron and this is the most effective way. Other that reducing your intake of red meat as well as dark green veges can help. Obviously if youre taking beef aminos or uni liver you should stop that too for a while. Tea will also help limiting the absorption of iron...

Donvio
10-23-10, 7:22 pm
Ill try the tea and ask my doc about expelling blood. Thanks. What about donating plasma? Will that help?

never_2_big
10-23-10, 8:49 pm
From my limited knowledge i dont think plasma has iron in it. The iron molecule is more related to the working of the red blood cell rather than the plasma...

Donvio
10-24-10, 1:40 am
Oh ok good to know.