PDA

View Full Version : First Show Wrap up (Pics and Thank yous to Animalpak, Universal, and Rage)

shortstack
10-23-10, 2:15 pm
I spent the last 20 weeks cutting down for my show on Oct 16, 2010. I spent the 2 years before bulking up for it and working with Tom "RAGE" Fuller to get me to the stage.

I finished 3rd in 2 classes out of 5 guys and 2nd in the submasters. Submasters only had 2 guys so don't get too excited but the guy that took first took the overall and was in great shape. For my first show I'm very happy with my placing and feel like for the shape I was in, I was correctly placed.

Working with Tom was a great experience and I have to give him all the credit for me getting into shape and stepping on stage. He guided me every step along the way and was there for any questions I hit him up with. The morning of the show he was texting me to send pics to see what we needed to do, and he's 2 hrs behind me. I really appreciated the effort he took to make sure I was ready.

I want to thank Universal Nutrition and Animal for all the great sups that helped me get to this point. Since I joined the forum 3 years ago I have been using 100% of my sups through either Universal or Animalpak. No other company has products that work as well and priced affordably enough that I can stack them daily for the results I needed. Anything I need they have and as a consumer that's really important to me while planning my next steps to the stage.

It was a great experience and I'll def be back at it again. I need to make some improvements and come into the next one thicker and more cut to be competative, but I know I can and will do it.

Here's a few pics from the show.

Waiting Back Stage
http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/gg232/shortstack74/Oct%2016%202010%20First%20BB%20Show/2009Pictures184.jpg
Shot to prove I had some abs once
http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/gg232/shortstack74/Oct%2016%202010%20First%20BB%20Show/IMG00107-20101016-1113.jpg
Side Tri. Very Happy with the Legs.
http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/gg232/shortstack74/Oct%2016%202010%20First%20BB%20Show/2009Pictures165.jpg
Me with my support group.
http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/gg232/shortstack74/Oct%2016%202010%20First%20BB%20Show/2009Pictures205.jpg
Group from the Novice Class
http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/gg232/shortstack74/Oct%2016%202010%20First%20BB%20Show/2009Pictures197.jpg
I believe that the animalpaks have rearranged my DNA because this 1 yr old Daughter of mine can easily pick up any of these trophies in one hand. I had to hold it in place to keep her from dropping them, so she decided to try and bite the top off. hahaha She is an animal, no doubt about it.
http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/gg232/shortstack74/Oct%2016%202010%20First%20BB%20Show/2009Pictures230.jpg
Group From the Open Class
http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/gg232/shortstack74/Oct%2016%202010%20First%20BB%20Show/IMG00093-20101016-1052.jpg

machineman
10-23-10, 4:20 pm
Congrats, brother!! Takes some courage to step up and put yourself out there. Huge respect for you. Enjoy some down time then get after it once again. Looking forward to see what you bring the next time!!

charlievanriper
10-23-10, 4:44 pm
Great job Bro glad the show went well!

Beach91
10-23-10, 8:26 pm
Congratulations on the show Shortstack, i had read through some of your logs before, u worked your ass off and it showed, amazing work ethic and sacrifice put into it, congratulations

never_2_big
10-23-10, 8:53 pm
I've just did my first sho too brother and how good does it feel... Knowing that the time youve put in over the last few months and years are all culminating to that few brief moments that you are on stage... It definately fuels the fire to go back and do it all again next time round...

Congrats bro, enjoy your refeed!!! Whats on the menu?

Firedrake
10-24-10, 1:24 am
Congratulations, brother! You've come a long way from the Iron Contest, and I'm proud as hell to call you "bro". I know the doubts you had, and the worries you shared, and you went in and got the job done, and well! Onward and upward!

Enforcer
10-24-10, 10:51 am
Huge Congrats bro, it takes a lot of hard work and sacrifice to step on stage, especially for a man with a family. I got nothing but respect for you bro, for going out there and getting the job done. All of the hard work you have put in over the years ahd def. paid off. I wish you all the best with your training and any future shows you do. Once again congrats and now go enjoy some shitty food...lol

smoothballer
10-24-10, 6:44 pm
Huge Congrats Jeremy! You really gave it you all and it shows.

Now it's time for the fun part...bulking :-)

Rage
10-24-10, 11:00 pm
It was an honor to work with you brother. You did awesome and I'm very proud of you. Always here for ya brother.

mritter3
10-25-10, 9:16 am
pics look solid J...congrats on stepping on to the stage brother...its a huge commitment and im glad to see you have taken that step...well done bud.

C.Coronato
10-25-10, 11:20 am
Looking good my man. Congrats on the first show. Its all a learning experience so thats awesome. Hope you enjoyed some post show grub!

Aggression
10-25-10, 11:31 am
Congrats, my man. Great job on the prep! Now its time to enjoy some food!

PIJW
10-25-10, 11:45 am
Congrats, Job well done on first show

shortstack
10-25-10, 1:04 pm
Congrats, brother!! Takes some courage to step up and put yourself out there. Huge respect for you. Enjoy some down time then get after it once again. Looking forward to see what you bring the next time!!
Thanks MM. Stepping out there was actually pretty easy once you get used to the idea of every one looking at you. haha

Great job Bro glad the show went well!

Thanks Brother. Show was great and I'm glad I finally did it.

Congratulations on the show Shortstack, i had read through some of your logs before, u worked your ass off and it showed, amazing work ethic and sacrifice put into it, congratulations
Thanks Brother, I did pretty well for the first show. Keep your eyes open for a new Journey, I gotta step it up in a major way for the next go round.

I've just did my first sho too brother and how good does it feel... Knowing that the time youve put in over the last few months and years are all culminating to that few brief moments that you are on stage... It definately fuels the fire to go back and do it all again next time round...

Congrats bro, enjoy your refeed!!! Whats on the menu?

Thanks Bro. I ate pretty clean all last week but enjoyed a few treats on the Desert line. Today starts back on a clean diet and I will maintain a much slimmer waist line this next year.

Congratulations, brother! You've come a long way from the Iron Contest, and I'm proud as hell to call you "bro". I know the doubts you had, and the worries you shared, and you went in and got the job done, and well! Onward and upward!

Jim, Thanks for all the support over the past few years. I always know who I can lean on for a kick in the ass.

Huge Congrats bro, it takes a lot of hard work and sacrifice to step on stage, especially for a man with a family. I got nothing but respect for you bro, for going out there and getting the job done. All of the hard work you have put in over the years ahd def. paid off. I wish you all the best with your training and any future shows you do. Once again congrats and now go enjoy some shitty food...lol

Thanks Big E. It's tough with a little one needing as much attention as I needed to give the weights but it's all part of the Journey. We all survived and hopefully I'll be a much better bodybuilder because of the experience. More shows to come but I need to make some improvements first.

Huge Congrats Jeremy! You really gave it you all and it shows.

Now it's time for the fun part...bulking :-)

You got that right SB. The bulk is on and I'll start up another Journey and keep posting pics to make sure I stay leaner than last go round.

It was an honor to work with you brother. You did awesome and I'm very proud of you. Always here for ya brother.

Thanks Tom, I could never have done it without your support and guidance. I hope to take it to the next level and make you proud again.

pics look solid J...congrats on stepping on to the stage brother...its a huge commitment and im glad to see you have taken that step...well done bud.

Thanks Matt, I appreciate you always checking in on me. You guys always keep me motivated and going in the right direction.

Looking good my man. Congrats on the first show. Its all a learning experience so thats awesome. Hope you enjoyed some post show grub!

Thanks Brother. I learned alot over the past 20 weeks of show prep and I plan on putting all that experience to good use this next year. I actually had a week of post show grub since I was traveling for work, but nothing too crazy.

Congrats, my man. Great job on the prep! Now its time to enjoy some food!
Thanks Aggression. I appreciate you dropping in. More big things to come over the next year.

Congrats, Job well done on first show

Thanks Pain. FIrst one out of the way and hopefully more to come with even better results.

Thanks to everyone that has dropped by and offered up congrats. I appreciate it and will work even harder over the next year to represent the core beliefs of this forum family and what we stand for.

Jeremy

Mr. Dead
10-26-10, 1:01 pm
HUUUGE congrats!!! Awesome job, there!!!

fatbackgoal
10-27-10, 11:51 am
Great job brother! Sorry our schedules didn't work out more to get it done for you. We will kill it this offseason!