PDA

View Full Version : HIT

Train209
10-23-10, 4:42 pm
How do you guys feel about lower volume high intensity training like Dorian used to do back in the day? I've been doing it for a few weeks now and I love it. what do you guys think about it?

Mauricio
10-23-10, 6:04 pm
it wasn't back in the day bro, he's still with us and trains the same way. most folks in here are high volume, i've been using h.i.t. for about 3 months and i'm never going back. the best advice i can give you is to not ask other people what they think about a certain routine, just read up on strength training, nutrition, anatomy, anything that will help you find what's best for muscle growth and your own health. don't get caught up on muscle mag hype and keep learning.

Donvio
10-23-10, 7:32 pm
Personally it doesn't work well for me. If you go 70-80% on your "warm up" sets I see it as being really similar. Also, I really like drop sets and super sets. Try your own thing and mix up the training to fit your style. Just force your body to change through brutal workouts.

Mauricio
10-23-10, 9:35 pm
h.i.t. does include drop sets, supersets (to pre-exhaust a muscle group) and other shock techniques.

pushin weight
10-24-10, 3:22 pm
No matter what your routine is if your not training with maximum intensity your wasting your time.Some people will disagree with this and some will support it to the letter.For me the intensity is the high of training.I was doing one arm dumbell preacher curls to finish off my biceps last week.I was on my 4th and final set. As i was in a full flop sweat and my whole upper body was trembling to get the last few reps in . This young guy passed me by and gave me props for bringing it as hard as i could go.Thats the first time anyone had ever gave me props in the gym for my work ethic and man it felt awsome.The intensity is rite there just like the gas pedal in your car....the question is how hard are you willing to press that pedal?

MRmichael.hooker
10-24-10, 4:01 pm
the best advice i can give you is to not ask other people what they think about a certain routine, just read up on strength training, nutrition, anatomy, anything that will help you find what's best for muscle growth and your own health. don't get caught up on muscle mag hype and keep learning.

exactly. There are thousands of different training routines out there. If it makes since to you, try it. If you get results, keep it. If not, move on to something else.