PDA

View Full Version : The 'New' FORVM Can't be bothered

Shukin
10-23-10, 8:00 pm
First off allow me to express my gratitude to the forvm and it's members over the years. Thank you all.

I have lost all desire to participate in the forvm anymore....sorry but it is true. I don't know if what we are seeing now is just a stage in the improvement, but I don't like this stage! After today I will no longer be checking in to the forvm because instead of becoming motivated I am becoming frustrated........
If by any chance things go back to the way they were someone please pm me so I get an email about ti and I will gladly return.

All do respect,
Shukin

Shukin
10-23-10, 8:15 pm
Did I miss the Alpha Testing of the forvm thread?
I thought everything was AT'ed before releasing........If I missed it than I am sorry for not participating and not voting against the change...
As always with respect,
Shukin

metfan
10-23-10, 10:03 pm
Sorry to hear you are leaving, but in this game called "Bodybuilding" we are always looking to change and grow and the "New" FORVM is just an extension on that basic concept.

I always believed it was the brotherhood and love of the iron that kept everyone here, not the layout of a website???

Hopefully you can re-evaluate and learn the like it as it doesn't matter how it "looks", so long as the info, knowledge and attitude is the same.

intoodeep25
10-24-10, 1:20 am
wahhhhhhh

Flash419
10-24-10, 9:12 am
Sorry to hear you are leaving, but in this game called "Bodybuilding" we are always looking to change and grow and the "New" FORVM is just an extension on that basic concept.

I always believed it was the brotherhood and love of the iron that kept everyone here, not the layout of a website???

Hopefully you can re-evaluate and learn the like it as it doesn't matter how it "looks", so long as the info, knowledge and attitude is the same.

Amen... its a work in progress. Give it a chance.

Razor
10-24-10, 9:21 am
First off allow me to express my gratitude to the forvm and it's members over the years. Thank you all.

I have lost all desire to participate in the forvm anymore....sorry but it is true. I don't know if what we are seeing now is just a stage in the improvement, but I don't like this stage! After today I will no longer be checking in to the forvm because instead of becoming motivated I am becoming frustrated........
If by any chance things go back to the way they were someone please pm me so I get an email about ti and I will gladly return.

All do respect,
Shukin

Sorry you're leaving my man but since the forum has upgraded most of us have seen nothing but improvements. Logging in is faster, posting is faster, the graphics have the new look and feel of the newest forums on the web but maintained the ANMAL style and look, etc. Good luck to you

And on a side note it should be the people here that motivate you. The posts, the success stories, the rise above adversity...that should keep you going my man, not the look of a forum. Take care bro.

IronWilson
10-24-10, 11:12 am
Change just takes some getting used to.

I think we might not see it now, but the new vBulletin interfaces have more possibilities then those before them. In the future, maybe we will be able to post visible photos and videos without have to link them to another website. One benefit is that when posting a video with the new interfaces, the link names won't be truncated so that the problem with embedding videos is solved.

All this really doesn't apply to us now, but it might somewhere down the road as I think that is the logic behind Universal's move to upgrade the forvm. I admit I found it harder to navigate the first couple times, because it was not what I was used to.

charlievanriper
10-24-10, 2:22 pm
The initial navigation and window clarity was a problem witrh me, but I am getting used to it and anyway change is always inevitable.

PORTERHOUSE
10-24-10, 9:31 pm

All do respect,
Shukin

This is stupid.

Don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out. Peace.

charlievanriper
10-24-10, 9:41 pm
This is stupid.

Don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out. Peace.

This kind of crap is not needed,

metfan
10-24-10, 9:45 pm

I agree, it is not needed but leaving because the FORVM underwent in a minor facelift is not exactly a prime reason to just up and leave either.

If the quality of info, attitude and everything else associated with Animal was going downhill, I could see that being good reason, but so far as I can see, the place is getting better, not worse.

So although sad to lose a member, it looks to me at least and a few others that OP was here for the wrong reasons.

Just my 0.02 cents.

charlievanriper
10-24-10, 9:49 pm
This I am in total agreement with

PORTERHOUSE
10-24-10, 9:51 pm

I don't see anything wrong with what I said. It is stupid.

And why start a thread about it? He didn't leave it open for discussion, he just said he was leaving... obviously he wanted some kind of reaction.

N. Motta
10-24-10, 10:38 pm
I don't see anything wrong with what I said. It is stupid.

And why start a thread about it? He didn't leave it open for discussion, he just said he was leaving... obviously he wanted some kind of reaction.

If he wants to leave then let him leave. What business is it of yours, to go out of your way and be rude to the guy? How did YOU just benefit the Forvm??

If we started capping on every single person, that started a thread that didn't need to be started, this place would turn into a juvenile shit fest.

never_2_big
10-24-10, 11:05 pm
I think enough has been said on the matter at hand... Its never good to see a brother leave, but why send him out on bad terms... Its his personal choice, and who knows a few weeks/months down the track he might come back when the forvm is finished and rejoin the brotherhood we have here.

Dont condemn a man for simply expressing his own opinion, instead wish him farewell, good luck and remind him that the forvm doors are always open for his return!

Thunder Chicken
10-24-10, 11:41 pm
see i hate change but you know its going to happen. i just deal with it and go on. in my opinion i kinda like this new look and so on. (more modern)

PORTERHOUSE
10-25-10, 9:11 am
If he wants to leave then let him leave. What business is it of yours, to go out of your way and be rude to the guy? How did YOU just benefit the Forvm??

If we started capping on every single person, that started a thread that didn't need to be started, this place would turn into a juvenile shit fest.

I didn't try and stop him. I believe I am still entitled to my opinion as well, right? As I said before, why start a thread like that unless you want some kind of reaction. Im not going to beg him to come back or wish him luck, give me a break.

Why don't you try and relax a little, I think you're over reacting just a bit.

And I still don't see anything wrong with what I said.

mritter3
10-25-10, 9:12 am

^^^
this.....Brotherhood, Motivation, Goals, Friendship, to name a few, we all share a common bond on this site...leaving because its new and improved is just ridiculous...sorry to hear your leaving though bro.

J-Dawg
10-25-10, 9:41 am
Hey shukin, I can understand your frustration when trying to log into the FORVM and you find out that it's down due to an update and then when it's back, it's hard to navigate due to a number of interface updates and a loss of how you knew it to look from a structural standpoint. In short, updates were necessary as we need to keep the FORVM from a stability and security standpoint running on the latest version of vBulletin. The issue was, however, we lost our structural template and images that we've had worked so hard to put up from when the FORVM first started. But as you might already notice, many of these images which give the FORVM its feel, are back. It will take a bit of time as the loss of these images are hard to fix in just a few days. But we are closer now to where we want it to be and the new interface, though might be hard to navigate when first logging in again, should in the end be much easier for everyone to use. We sincerely apologize for the downtime and any issues you guys have experienced while logging in after the recent update. Please bear with us, as our goal is to always give the best possible Animal experience to you guys.

Cellardweller
10-25-10, 3:50 pm
You guys are gonna make the brother feel like shit if, and when he does decide to come back.

charlievanriper
10-26-10, 1:40 am
I think enough has been said on the matter at hand... Its never good to see a brother leave, but why send him out on bad terms... Its his personal choice, and who knows a few weeks/months down the track he might come back when the forvm is finished and rejoin the brotherhood we have here.

Dont condemn a man for simply expressing his own opinion, instead wish him farewell, good luck and remind him that the forvm doors are always open for his return!

Exactly, Well said

Shukin
10-28-10, 8:11 pm
Dear Brothers and Sisters in the FORVM,
I have received many pm’s regarding my leaving the forvm due to its recent face lift. I have been questioned “why start a thread about leaving?” “Don’t you understand change is inevitable?” I have been accused of not being an Animal! Of not being the right guy for the forvm, etc. I have decided to post this letter to help clarify my feelings.

For those who actually read what I wrote you will notice that I ‘left the door open’ to coming back when the forvm returned to ‘normal’. I wasn’t just up and leaving with out giving it a chance.
I am not a computer guy, a tech guy, I am not a member of other chat rooms, this was the only place I poured my heart out. I am not on facebook, or anything of the sort. I lift weights, hope to inspire and be inspired. I do not know how to ‘navigate’ very well. So a sudden change on here with out a ‘how to’ and I am lost!

I have been a member of the FORVM since its inception in 07’. I have respected and been grateful for the way ‘corporate’ has turned to the FORVM to hear the cry’s of it’s customers, and they did it very very well, until now.

The FORVM was down for a week, and when it came back up it was new, ok something happened, right? Well, where is the explanation thread? Where is the thread explaining all the new features to get excited about? Where is the thread to tell us how to use the new FORVM?
There is however, a thread asking us if we notice anything? What is that?
There is a thread, with a very detailed explanation about “Creating a new "My Profile" page on the new Universal USA website... http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?33923-Creating-a-new-quot-My-Profile-quot-page-on-the-new-Universal-USA-website...
WHERE IS THE ONE ON THE FORVM? What is corporate’s ‘higher vision’ here?
Did we spend three years in the trenches, building a ‘community’ of brothers and sisters to be forgotten about? Where was the ‘testing?’ They are testing the new Universal.com in the FORVM, why not test the NEW FORVM in the forvm? Where is the ‘Official feedback thread?’

I still can’t understand ( keep in mind I an computer illiterate) how in this new upgrade “the first unread “ feature is no longer there? Ox’s stable has over 300 pages! Before with one click I could get back to where I left off reading!
That is what I found most frustrating with the upgrade, not the look.

Again where is the explanation thread from corporate?
Where is it? Please forward it to me because I can’t find it?
Is everyone just going to move over to the new Universal sight? Sounds really cool, I might.

In closing, I want to make it clear that this FORVM has been an important part of my life for the past three years. I am not in the states now so attending ABC’s and The Cage are not in the cards for me at the present moment, being able to follow them here is a blessing. I had the honour of meeting Grant Higa, changed my life for the better. I have always respected and appreciated the honesty from its members and corporate and how ‘bashing’ is kept to a minimum if at all. I really want to be a member still, but I am lost. I have always believed that we should speak the truth, and I appreciate all the positive and negative feelings you have expressed to me. I am all for change, believe me, but I don’t like being kept in the dark while it is happening.
Respect,
Shukin

charlievanriper
10-28-10, 10:23 pm
Nice brother, good luck and know that for most here you are and always will bea brother and I am hoping you stay if not come back soon!

Pizzalamp
10-28-10, 10:30 pm
good thread shukin
i hear ya man
this place is becoming just like every other forum out there
fancy bells and whistles, different colors of text, oddly colred text boxes
the forum used to be different and stood above other forums
seems like the foundation of the forum's past is slowly being pushed away from us

J-Dawg
10-29-10, 8:55 am
Hey shukin, I can understand your frustration when trying to log into the FORVM and you find out that it's down due to an update and then when it's back, it's hard to navigate due to a number of interface updates and a loss of how you knew it to look from a structural standpoint. In short, updates were necessary as we need to keep the FORVM from a stability and security standpoint running on the latest version of vBulletin. The issue was, however, we lost our structural template and images that we've had worked so hard to put up from when the FORVM first started. But as you might already notice, many of these images which give the FORVM its feel, are back. It will take a bit of time as the loss of these images are hard to fix in just a few days. But we are closer now to where we want it to be and the new interface, though might be hard to navigate when first logging in again, should in the end be much easier for everyone to use. We sincerely apologize for the downtime and any issues you guys have experienced while logging in after the recent update. Please bear with us, as our goal is to always give the best possible Animal experience to you guys.

Just bumping this post in case you guys missed it. Please bear with us as we address the stylistic updates. A few other threads have been created about this as well but I can definitely understand the intial shock and disappointment when the forum was down. Shukin, the “first unread” feature has been restored. We were able to fix it this morning. Please post further “missing features” that you notice. This upgrade is still a work in progress and we will address things as soon as we can. We ask for you patience and understanding as convert all of the stylistic changes back.

naturalguy
10-29-10, 8:57 am
good thread shukin
i hear ya man
seems like the foundation of the forum's past is slowly being pushed away from us

Fancy bells and whistles? where? With technology upgrades are inevitable. The FORVM hasn't changed one bit except maybe some new features and some graphics but the essence of The FORVM is the same. It's about the quality of the people and that has never been better than now. Just because it may look a little different and buttons have moved hasn't changed what The FORVM really is.

Look it was weird for me when I first logged in and things got moved, change is not easy but after using it a few days it's very comfortable now and easier to use.

J-Dawg
10-29-10, 9:06 am
Perhaps we can use this thread to address specific features that had been there in the past but are now hidden. We aren't afraid to admit that we didn't expect to lose all of our stylistic templates when we converted to the newest version of vBulletin and can use your help in pointing these out in case we've missed them. It would be very much appreciated.

Shukin
10-29-10, 9:22 am
. Shukin, the “first unread” feature has been restored. We were able to fix it this morning. Please post further “missing features” that you notice. .
Sorry Bro but it's not working on my browser, mozilla firefox, unless I am not looking in the right place for it....
I noticed today voyeur-ing in on my ipod touch that the 'started by" fonts are bigger than the title of the thread fonts, a bit difficult to search....as I play around I will let you know more.
Respect as always,
Shukin

ghost
10-29-10, 9:27 am
I have held off on posting in this thread, because let's face it.......i have a short temper. yeah, shocker, i know....

Yeah, things in here have changed. Upgraded, if you will. I see these upgrades as a forward direction for the boards. I have been with this forvm since its inception, and have no plans on going anywhere.
Shukin, the door is always open if you want to come back. PL, what fancy bells and whistles? our foundations are still here, and very prevalent.

This board is still hardcore to the bone. if you dont agree, tough shit. :)
the members here make the board what it is, if you are "looking" for that kind of change, then it WILL happen, because of YOU. not how our board looks. the CORE of this board, is still the exact same. it is a no bullshit, balls to the wall training site, where you can come and get ideas on new training routines, new supps, and new friends. if you dont want that kind of board, then the door is that-a-way >>>

Razor
10-29-10, 9:32 am
I have held off on posting in this thread, because let's face it.......i have a short temper. yeah, shocker, i know....

Yeah, things in here have changed. Upgraded, if you will. I see these upgrades as a forward direction for the boards. I have been with this forvm since its inception, and have no plans on going anywhere.
Shukin, the door is always open if you want to come back. PL, what fancy bells and whistles? our foundations are still here, and very prevalent.

This board is still hardcore to the bone. if you dont agree, tough shit. :)
the members here make the board what it is, if you are "looking" for that kind of change, then it WILL happen, because of YOU. not how our board looks. the CORE of this board, is still the exact same. it is a no bullshit, balls to the wall training site, where you can come and get ideas on new training routines, new supps, and new friends. if you dont want that kind of board, then the door is that-a-way >>>

And you held back haha. But seriously, "the members here make the board what it is". That's the best line you could say about this place.

Uzer
10-29-10, 10:11 am
Sorry Bro but it's not working on my browser, mozilla firefox, unless I am not looking in the right place for it....
Shukin

It doesn't show up unless you're logged in. Then it's the first item in the toolbar beneath the thread title.

intoodeep25
10-29-10, 12:59 pm
well said GHOST. this site hasnt changed much, and even if it did, thats not even what matters anyway. i come here to not only gain knowledge and perspective, but also try and help people anyway possible by passing the knowledge i have along. the forvm is about the members and the mentality, not about visuals. the upgrade was for effectiveness and ease of use, roll with it, embrace it, and keep doing what you should have been doing here in the first place

Beach91
10-29-10, 1:05 pm
And you held back haha. But seriously, "the members here make the board what it is". That's the best line you could say about this place.

Exactly, the members make the board. its a family, and I do hope u comeback Shukin, the interface and options and bells and whistles may change, but the theme is the same, the focus is the same, and that is the main thing

What Animal/Universal has created here is an amazing outlet, and tool for all of us who have a passion for everything that encompasses a life devoted to bettering oneself through diet, exercise, supplementation etc.

If this board was pink, and had tonnes of blue flowers, it may not be the most motivating in terms of theme, but I would still be here as the overall message and ideals and core values are the same

Altered Beast
10-29-10, 1:20 pm
good thread shukin
i hear ya man

I can see and understand everyone's point on this. Even Porterhouse has a point.

I stand with Pizzalamp. I understand this is 2010, and I am not one to seem so conservative on new age progress. But, I feel that the FORVM has become bubbly and a bit fruity. It's starting to have an almost Facebook feel and look to it.

Personally, I was shocked at the change of the format. I see bells and whistles rather than ruthless badassness that was once represented by the gritty beauty of the FORVM. Ya'll can do what you want with Universal, keep Animal gritty.

Corporations tend to destroy the purity of a company that is trying to go another way (like Animal). I hope that the influence of this change was not by the hand of corporate types or bosses the like. Please do not try to make AnimalPak.com seem "more appealing and friendly" to the masses.

F*CK the masses! Do you hear me? I cannot stand the mindlessness of people that blindly follow popular sentiment. I am not saying this is what has been happening, but it is starting to look like it!

I still enjoy the FORVM, but it is starting to really piss me off. The fact that a member even has to post something like this is troubling....

This is not to offend or upset, please understand that.

Upstatebuilder07
10-29-10, 1:22 pm
I feel for this guy I do. I have been part of the forvm since its inception. I have never played a huge part in it ill admit. Initally I started a journey on here, wasnt getting any feedback so I felt I was wasting my time. I was doing this for me and why take time out of my day to log everything on here when I was spending so much time working and going to school training eating ect. Part of me feels this place turned into somewhat of a popularity contest. Ok enough bitching, this is a great place and the best part is how involved the animal/universal athletes and employees are involved here. Your not going to find that anywhere else. My point being I think there is something for everyone here, whether its getting advice, journey or just checking out what animal is up to as a brand. The navigation on the new site isnt great, but Jdawg cleared all that up. The only thing I can say is a agree after being down for a week no thread explaining the changes that happened.

ghost
10-29-10, 1:29 pm
Pantera, how is this like facebook? and what bells and whistles are you referring to?

Altered Beast
10-29-10, 1:32 pm
Pantera, how is this like facebook? and what bells and whistles are you referring to?

Do you even remember what the previous format looked like? If you could see them side by side you'd understand.

I don't like it. And more members should speak up if they feel the same.

Altered Beast
10-29-10, 1:34 pm
Sorry fellahs, I don't follow.

ghost
10-29-10, 1:37 pm
Do you even remember what the previous format looked like? If you could see them side by side you'd understand.

I don't like it. And more members should speak up if they feel the same.

how could i NOT remember the previous layout? and i really dont understand how this is like facebook. and you still have not mentioned ANY bells or whistles.

ontheEDGE
10-29-10, 1:41 pm
Ever get your bathroom re finished? The week or so it takes really sucks. And when you have only one shower and it's in that bathroom then you really smell. The whole thing is annoying for a while. But then it's finally done and you can shower again and pee pak piss in a new toilet with eco friendly flushing. Maybe the forvm is taking longer than a week but when has it let ever let you down? These dudes will come through in the end and the final product will be a success.

intoodeep25
10-29-10, 1:43 pm
pantera, im in no way attacking you whatsoever, but uve been here since '09 brother, ghost and I remember what the old layout looked like, trust me, 3+ years here since '07 being on almost daily, you dont forget it that easily. there are no bells and whistles here. this cant be compared to facebook. this is still the forvm, nothing has even really changed. its about the brotherhood, lets get back to that. gotta roll with change, make the best of it, this is still the same old forvm

Shukin
10-29-10, 7:05 pm
Ever get your bathroom re finished? The week or so it takes really sucks. And when you have only one shower and it's in that bathroom then you really smell. The whole thing is annoying for a while. But then it's finally done and you can shower again and pee pak piss in a new toilet with eco friendly flushing. Maybe the forvm is taking longer than a week but when has it let ever let you down? These dudes will come through in the end and the final product will be a success.
Awesome analogy! Love it.

It doesn't show up unless you're logged in. Then it's the first item in the toolbar beneath the thread title.
Found it, it has moved to the right side. THANK YOU!

Exactly, the members make the board. its a family,

If this board was pink, and had tonnes of blue flowers, it may not be the most motivating in terms of theme, but I would still be here as the overall message and ideals and core values are the same
Pink and Black, now that would be cool.

Please Brothers and Sisters, the purpose of this thread was and is about keeping the FORVM 'real', and that is OUR JOB! I believe 'corporate' values our opinions, I do believe that! Because when it all comes down to it it is the customer who votes with his or her hard earned dollars.

Respect,
Shukin

Shukin
10-29-10, 7:22 pm
I I have been part of the forvm since its inception. I have never played a huge part in it ill admit. Initially I started a journey on here, wasnt getting any feedback so I felt I was wasting my time. I was doing this for me and why take time out of my day to log everything on here when I was spending so much time working and going to school training eating ect. Part of me feels this place turned into somewhat of a popularity contest. Ok enough bitching, this is a great place and the best part is how involved the animal/universal athletes and employees are involved here.

Bro I hear you 100% with the 'popularity thing' feeling, I really do. My first journey on here had a bunch of guys with A's under their names say they were subbed and they never said a thing again....There were a few members who would check in here and there because I went to their journeys, and they eventually left for what ever reasons. With the growth over the years I think it is inevitable that peoples journeys will be over looked.....
Perhaps there is a solution to that? I joined a 'tribe' of over 40 year old members, but nothing happens there....
Perhaps like the abc's being broken up into regions under a major ABC, we could link our journeys in some way that we are actually getting feed back, ie. Bulkers, Cutters, Strongmen/women, power-lifting, etc. as sub divisions, Just a thought, then we could easily see what other "bulkers" are up to, and when we cut, we change and join the cutters.
Your reason for no longer writing in your journey is why I made a special thread for this and didn't put it in my Journey, because with a good title people will read it, if it was in my journey......next to no one would have responded. I guess I have to admit I am not that popular, hahaha.

Peace, Respect,
Shukin

kryptiq
10-29-10, 7:27 pm
Anyone in here speaking of bells and whistles must be on some super strong drugs....hallucinating hardcore.

^Just sayin'

Lowdown5
10-29-10, 8:03 pm
Everyone here has the absolute right to speak their mind and say their peace. You may not agree with what someone else says but you should respect their right to say what is on their mind.

Did the FORVM change its format, yes. Is it better, don't know, that is up to each individual to decide for themselves.

I will say that I personally don't like the new format, but that is my issue to deal with. But I have two choices, deal with it or bail. So I deal with it.

Shukin, you been here a long time, stay Bro. You add value to this place, you are a good dude. I for one don't want to see you go. But if you do go, I wish you good luck and hope you find your way back.

Later

Altered Beast
10-29-10, 8:32 pm
Anyone in here speaking of bells and whistles must be on some super strong drugs....hallucinating hardcore.

^Just sayin'

I am on Agent O. There is no stronger drug.

Some of us like to keep it real and are not afraid to speak their mind even if it bothers others.

Altered Beast
10-29-10, 8:40 pm
pantera, im in no way attacking you whatsoever, but uve been here since '09 brother, ghost and I remember what the old layout looked like, trust me, 3+ years here since '07 being on almost daily, you dont forget it that easily. there are no bells and whistles here. this cant be compared to facebook. this is still the forvm, nothing has even really changed. its about the brotherhood, lets get back to that. gotta roll with change, make the best of it, this is still the same old forvm

I understand the brotherhood, trust me. I am just afraid. Eventually, everyone sells out. I don't want to ever see even the slightest bit of that happening (I am not saying that it is). But money talks and bullshit walks. The tentacles of a corporation are quite powerful..

Been using Animal supplements for a Hell of a lot longer time than the FORVM has been up. Lets just make sure that we who use the FORVM keep it the way it should be.

I can obviously sense that nothing will change and I am with that. Just know that there are many members who dislike it and are afraid to voice their opinions.

metfan
10-29-10, 8:49 pm
I said my piece earlier but it is worth noting again.

It really makes no difference how the board looks, so long as the info and attitude stays "Animal". So far that hasn't changed in my opinion.

I realize everyone is entitled to an opinion, but this site is not something you can just slip into your back pocket and claim it as your own. With more members, more threads and posts the FORVM needed to be revamped.

Do I like the look of the old board better? Yes

Do I find the new board faster? Again Yes, so it is all relative. I prefer a quicker site myself and it still screams "Bad Ass" to me. This site is far from fluffy.

Shukin
10-29-10, 9:19 pm
I understand the brotherhood, trust me. I am just afraid. Eventually, everyone sells out. I don't want to ever see even the slightest bit of that happening (I am not saying that it is). But money talks and bullshit walks.
I can obviously sense that nothing will change and I am with that. Just know that there are many members who dislike it and are afraid to voice their opinions.
It's up to us to keep it real! I is up to us to MAKE IT BETTER, not worse. I know you feel the same way.
Truth be told, I can't leave this place, at least not yet. I believe everyone here is open to constructive criticism.

Respect,
Shukin

ghost
10-29-10, 11:55 pm
im STILL waiting to hear/see what these "bells/whistles" are....................

naturalguy
10-30-10, 11:43 am
I understand the brotherhood, trust me. I am just afraid. Eventually, everyone sells out. I don't want to ever see even the slightest bit of that happening (I am not saying that it is). But money talks and bullshit walks. The tentacles of a corporation are quite powerful..

Been using Animal supplements for a Hell of a lot longer time than the FORVM has been up. Lets just make sure that we who use the FORVM keep it the way it should be.

Animal is never going to sell out. We haven't done it since 1977 and we are not about to start. It's what makes Animal stand above the rest.

It's up to us to keep it real! I is up to us to MAKE IT BETTER, not worse. I know you feel the same way.
Truth be told, I can't leave this place, at least not yet. I believe everyone here is open to constructive criticism.

Respect,
Shukin

True words, you guys will decide which direction the FORVM will go. It's only as good as the member contributions.

Flash419
10-30-10, 11:57 am
im STILL waiting to hear/see what these "bells/whistles" are....................

I can't believe this thread is still alive.

Yes.. the Forum has a slightly different look. But are you here for the content or the display? Lots of places online to post your thoughts in pretty graphics and cute colors.But, here you get it in black or white. It's a brotherhood. Guys who understand why you eat what you eat, why you spend hours in a gym. Why the feel of a cold steel bar feels good in your hands or dug into the back of your neck with hundreds of pounds hanging from the ends.

In my daily life .. no one gets it. At my gym, .. a few might have a clue. Here... it is understood. This is home.

Altered Beast
10-30-10, 1:59 pm
I can't believe this thread is still alive.

Yes.. the Forum has a slightly different look. But are you here for the content or the display? Lots of places online to post your thoughts in pretty graphics and cute colors.But, here you get it in black or white. It's a brotherhood. Guys who understand why you eat what you eat, why you spend hours in a gym. Why the feel of a cold steel bar feels good in your hands or dug into the back of your neck with hundreds of pounds hanging from the ends.

In my daily life .. no one gets it. At my gym, .. a few might have a clue. Here... it is understood. This is home.

I dig it.

Naturalguy, I understand that and precisely why I am the most loyal Animal customer there is. Just know that I have the means to buy whatever I want and will continue to purchase Animal/Universal products until I'm dead. I am the most loyal Animal/Universal customer yall will ever have; I fucking guarantee it.

Ghost, it's been changed so it's all good.

Shukin
10-30-10, 6:48 pm
I dig it.

Naturalguy, I understand that and precisely why I am the most loyal Animal customer there is. Just know that I have the means to buy whatever I want and will continue to purchase Animal/Universal products until I'm dead. I am the most loyal Animal/Universal customer yall will ever have; I fucking guarantee it.

And Bro that is why you and I and others are trying to keep this place real!
As for why this thread is still going.....? If you really read what is unfolding here everyone can see how loyal we are to Animal and how loyal they are to us! Bottom line_
I also think the tone has changed, and J-Dawg even requested we point out things we miss.

I am here for the content, for sure, and i think that is clear by all my posts. And this thread being alive has helped me mourn the old look and realize what a 'family' I have here.

I think threads that "iron" things out are very very important for everyone.
Respect as always,
Shukin

IRN-NML
10-31-10, 6:54 pm
Been away for a while & usually lurk rather than post. Caught the upgrade a couple days ago. It's ok. Only suggestion, why, if say you click on pg 5 or other in Training, Diet or Living you still have to scroll down through the child/sub sections and pins before you get to any posts on that page. Can't these be just kept on page one?

Otherwise, it's the quality of the posts that should keep any Animals returning; not the layout of the FORVM.

metfan
10-31-10, 10:25 pm
Been away for a while & usually lurk rather than post. Caught the upgrade a couple days ago. It's ok. Only suggestion, why, if say you click on pg 5 or other in Training, Diet or Living you still have to scroll down through the child/sub sections and pins before you get to any posts on that page. Can't these be just kept on page one?

Otherwise, it's the quality of the posts that should keep any Animals returning; not the layout of the FORVM.

Pretty much what most of us have said.

Never want to see anyone leave, but for the reasons stated, I didn't believe it was reason enough to go. Glad Shukin has returned and is giving the new layout a go.

IronWilson
10-31-10, 11:04 pm
Lets take into consideration what we don't see on this forum. Sure, we see all of the graphics and posts and all that, but we are not seeing the code that goes into forums. The Forvm has not received an update since...what...2005? The new vBulletin will prevent many of the errors that we all do not know about until they occur. Only the programmers at Universal Corporate know about them and they updated the forvm in the best interest of members here.

If you are all so focused on straying away from flashy looks and instead placing importance on function, why aren't you in support of the update? Really, the graphics and minimalism of the The Forvm have not changed that much. However, the potential for improved performance has.

Believe me, I am not a Universal cult member. If it was wrong, I would say it. But I think people are just frustrated with the change. I really wouldn't call this forum's look "fruity." Some of the members here maybe a little fruity, but the site as whole is not.

Shukin
11-02-10, 8:27 pm
As far as I can tell, it is pretty much back to it's original look. As for feel, I am working my way around now.
I am grateful for everyone who has taken the time to post here to help a brother figure things out.
One curious thing I noticed is that many Animals have posted here and on the state of the forvm thread about the changes but no Universal rep..........

Respect,
Shukin