PDA

View Full Version : Pretty good way to get two cans of tuna down.

pushin weight
10-26-10, 2:26 pm
Some days i'd rather get punched in the nuts than eat another can of tuna...let alone two cans.But, two cans of white albocore tuna hold 52 grams of the best protein you can put into your body.Try this and just see how you like it.
Ingriedients
-2 cans white albacore tuna/drained
-1/2 can of your favorite beans or peas (field peas with snaps is my recomendation)
-all the broth from the can of peas/beans

In a pan, sautee the tuna with your choice of seasonings.Use a utensil to break the tuna meat down as you heat it.
You only need to do this for 4 or 5 minutes just to break down the meat and heat it.In the microwave or stove heat your beans and broth.When everything is heated up and the tuna is broken down combine it all in a container and mix well.What your gonna end up with is a tuna stew type consistency.The broth will absorb into the tuna meat makin it quite tasty and easy to get down.The beans will add a little healthy carbs and give the dish a little bite.I realize that this is kinda hardcore but ill take any way that helps me keep my diet in check.Try it before you think im crazy....lol.

Sandman
10-28-10, 2:01 am
Sounds pretty good. And something I can whip up a few of and take to work with me.

Thanks for the idea.

Howitzer
10-28-10, 2:30 am
Hell yes man. I totally mix a can of peas with a can of tuna and cook them. This man speaks truth. Delicious, full of fiber and protein.

kryptiq
10-28-10, 1:54 pm
Interesting and affordable...me likey.

Thunder Chicken
10-30-10, 2:01 pm
mmmmm i might have to try this!

C.Coronato
11-01-10, 2:03 pm
Looks solid, thanks brotha!

pushin weight
11-03-10, 11:45 am
Glad you guys like it.Im workin on a new recipe for a tuna bake that ill share as soon as its ready.

shizz702
11-03-10, 11:58 am
lol how bout a good ol' tuna shake? Throw 2 cans in blender, pour in some apple juice or something, blend it up and suck it down lol! I've done it a few times when I just couldn't eat no more.

pushin weight
11-04-10, 12:51 pm
lol how bout a good ol' tuna shake? Throw 2 cans in blender, pour in some apple juice or something, blend it up and suck it down lol! I've done it a few times when I just couldn't eat no more.

Hey ive thought of that but just never had the guts to try yet....lol

shizz702
11-04-10, 12:59 pm
Hey ive thought of that but just never had the guts to try yet....lol

lol you will one day! Even if you do it once, you just got to for the humorous experience!