PDA

View Full Version : The War Path to My First Contest!!

techrescue
10-26-10, 10:20 pm
I'm new to the sport of bodybuilding, it is something I have been interested in for a long time but never had the balls to take it seriously. Well, here we go, I have picked a show in April 2011 so I guess, game on!

techrescue
10-27-10, 3:58 pm
Today was Cardio day. The goal was to keep my heart low and in control to make sure I'm burning as much fat as possible. I started on the treadmill 3% grade at 3.5 MPH for 20 min then I moved to the stairmill at level 5 for 20 min then on the the row machine for a hard 5 min. I had to do something to release the aggression.

C.Coronato
10-27-10, 4:26 pm
Awesome my man, welcome. Hows the diet going?

techrescue
10-27-10, 11:13 pm
Diet is coming along nicely. The battle of the knife and fork has always been my weakness but I am now planning ahead and trying to make it as easy as possible. If you have any pointers I'm always down for good info.

techrescue
10-29-10, 9:16 am
Yesterday was leg day, I did squats, leg press, leg ext, leg curl and calves. I'm amazed by how good it feels at the time but 12hrs later holy shit my legs are in some pain!! I guess that's the price I pay for growth. I have also started to weight and measure my food. Once I added everything up I'm only eating about 1800 cals which I dont think is enough. I'm going to try and bump my protien intake way up.

techrescue
11-01-10, 12:12 pm
Looking forward to today's workout. My upper body was so sore at the end of last week I wasn't able to workout hard on Thursday but I'm all good and ready to crush the iron! Working chest and legs.

techrescue
11-04-10, 12:46 am
Diet is 6/10 and training is 8/10. The daily battle with food is challenging. I'm sure their are those people that have no issue with this but for me, WOW. The important part is, I'm making progress. So, with that in mind I feel good with where I'm going. This is not some fad diet here I'm making really change so I'm taking it slow and methodical. I'm dealing with all the mental bullshit as it comes up. I'm really surprised by all the crap that comes up when it comes to food and I'm surprised by how many events are planned around food. For me this is a daily commitment and I re-make it everyday.