PDA

View Full Version : Powwwercleans.

dandrea101a
10-27-10, 6:09 pm
What muscles does power clean hit in order from most to least? And how often should someone clean.

prowrestler
10-27-10, 7:37 pm
What muscles does power clean hit in order from most to least? And how often should someone clean.

none. its an entire body exercise.

its not really a good muscle builder, your not gonna be doing it properly chances are.

stick to the basics like squats, deads, benching, overhead pressing and rows.

rev8ball
10-27-10, 7:49 pm

Cleans are an explosive movement, hence, that's what they are best at developing - explosive power. The majority of the force generated from properly executing a clean comes from the hips, glutes, and legs. I have seen some people try to make it an upright row or shrug, but they're idiots.

I have had Olympic lifters hit cleans as much as 4 times a week, but they were using what is called non-linear periodization. Most basic and non-specific regimens can develop increased power pretty nicely using once a week. Just make sure they are kept at the beginning of that particular lifting day's program.

My best advice regarding the Olympic lifts: the clean is a hightly technical lift, and the snatch is probably the single most technically difficult movement in any sport. If you have never done them before, DO NOT try to learn them on your own! Find a good coach who can teach you PROPERLY. Take your time and have patience. Your body will thank you later for it......

shizz702
10-27-10, 11:24 pm
none. its an entire body exercise.

its not really a good muscle builder, your not gonna be doing it properly chances are.

stick to the basics like squats, deads, benching, overhead pressing and rows.

x2

Though I think they are a decent muscle builder, they are mainly for sport and that explosive power like rev mentioned. Unless you are training for sport and or have a coach that knows the lifts, I wouldn't bother with them for bodybuilding purposes.

Big Wides
10-28-10, 6:09 am
I agree with with what Rev said here about the olympic lifts. Find someone to teach you on how to learn them, watch videos and do your homework.

I tend to disagree with the mindset that they do not add muscle. If you ever look at an olympic lifter or an athelete who does a lot of cleans in their training, they have traps to their ears, thick upper back, and thick legs. Granted for a bber does it provide the necessary hyperthrophy that a traditional exercise does? Probably not but the uniqueness of the lift and how it affects the body, it can't hurt to do them in the routines.

shizz702
10-28-10, 5:16 pm
I agree with with what Rev said here about the olympic lifts. Find someone to teach you on how to learn them, watch videos and do your homework.

I tend to disagree with the mindset that they do not add muscle. If you ever look at an olympic lifter or an athelete who does a lot of cleans in their training, they have traps to their ears, thick upper back, and thick legs. Granted for a bber does it provide the necessary hyperthrophy that a traditional exercise does? Probably not but the uniqueness of the lift and how it affects the body, it can't hurt to do them in the routines.

There definitely is something to be said for what they can do for the traps and upper back in general. But the only problem I see with them, and in my experience as well, is due to the technical nature of them, they are hard to progress on if the form is not solidified.