PDA

View Full Version : Old Animal Cans... What Do You With Them?

Wasteland
02-28-07, 5:03 pm
Anyone here keep old Animal cans when they're done with them and use them for something else? I use them to keep pens in one place...

Titan
02-28-07, 5:04 pm
I use my old cans to keep change in. Then when it's full I can use that change on a new can.

invictus1
02-28-07, 5:05 pm
i do the same thing, i use mine for a swear jar. a lot of money goes in there and i use it to get more animal!

Hercules
02-28-07, 5:06 pm
I use mine for dog treats. No, not for me. Yeah, I'm bulking but I'm not that desperate.....

I also have a can in the workshop to keep screws, nuts, and bolts in.

Freakshow
02-28-07, 5:08 pm
I have and 1 animal pak, 1 animal nitro, and 1 animal pump can all filled with coins....for more animal stuff of course.

focused
02-28-07, 5:08 pm
fuck....i always looks pens...thats a good idea. and i always need somewhere to put change. damn i shoulda thought of this sooner! good ideas bro's.

but i also think i'mma just start a collection of animal cans...just never throw any away.

Cr4zYH3aD
02-28-07, 5:14 pm
Just keep it. Consider it an aggresive piece of art, or a hardcore dedication souvenir !

Giant Killer
02-28-07, 5:22 pm
I just have a shrine of empty ones. I save all my protein jugs too. Well not all of them, that would get ridiculous. Yeah, I'm a packrat and I "just know" I'll need them someday. If we get enough posts on here, I'll know what to do with 'em!

Jon
02-28-07, 5:36 pm
I super glue em together...tryin to build an animal can castle lol

Hercules
02-28-07, 6:16 pm
If we send them back to Universal to recycle the can and keep their costs down, will the cost of Animal supplements decrease as well? Hey, just a thought...

Instead of keeping all the cans as souvenirs, I just peel the sticker off the lid and find somewhere for it (power rack and mirror in the gym, wall in front of the pull-up bar, etc). I even have one stuck in my classroom for my students to see.

Mr.Totality
02-28-07, 6:57 pm
I super glue em together...tryin to build an animal can castle lol

this would certainly need pics

focused
02-28-07, 7:02 pm

yeah, i'd have to see that as well

ratfink1180
02-28-07, 7:17 pm
Pens,thats A Great Idea! Use A Mini Keg From My Boozin Dayz For Change

Ricky P
02-28-07, 8:03 pm
You guys don't have a problem with the fact that the can, especially the Pak can, smells absolutely terrible? Haha, the product is great, but I try to close it as fast as possible!

MankDaTank
03-01-07, 1:05 am
yea they really do smell horrible lol...thats why i keep my change in it so i wont be tempted to use it till full

Jon
03-01-07, 6:55 am

I wasnt serious... would be funny though

Machines Number One
03-01-07, 7:26 am
Bro mines are all empty, i keep em clean as a whistle and looking at them makes me feel how much farther i have travelled from my first can to the most recent. i keep em as trophies, guys u must have remembered tht good old lien

"Myyyyyyy Precccccccioooouuuuuussssssssssss"

Lolz

shockandawe
03-02-07, 3:16 pm
i grew up playing hockey so as a kid i had all my hockey trophies on my dressor in my room, now i have replaced all the hockey trophies on my dressor with all of my empty animal cans, my new trophies.

ldskenpo
03-02-07, 6:04 pm
my 3 and 5 yr old girls snag them and use them in their"kitchens", when people come over to the house they see the girls playing kitchen with nitro g, protein, etc canisters and get a wierd look on their faces. ha, ha

Freakshow
03-02-07, 9:54 pm
yeah, i'd have to see that as well

me too...haha

NickSP
03-02-07, 10:40 pm
Pens and change are all fine and dandy, but what about dragging em from your bumper when you drive away after your marriage? or one of those old-style string-in-a-cup type telephones neighbors used to use? or filling em with heavy weight, string em together, and use THAT for extra weight on dips or pull ups?

OsoBlanco
03-02-07, 11:47 pm
I do a lot of DIY stuff around the house, so I use them for misc. screws, nails, etc. They really come in handy for stuff like that.

Oso

Cheko
03-03-07, 8:30 am
I do a lot of DIY stuff around the house, so I use them for misc. screws, nails, etc. They really come in handy for stuff like that.

Oso

Same here ... Used to use glass jars ... break to easy

hjayss
03-03-07, 8:39 am
A Raft Yeahhhh Lol.

So Fresh 007
03-04-07, 5:38 pm
we have no life so when were bored we find stuff to do such as fill an animal can full of lead we melted with a torch and then set them out on a table in front of my gym with a sign saying free sups and ppl try to walk by n take em and then they realize its a 90 pound can of lead PRICELESS

cable
03-05-07, 11:17 am
Hardcore drumsets!

or if i feel the need to go fishing i use them as hardcore bobbers! Yea im talking about reeeling in the big fish with these babies.
-ps, i dont use a rod either, i use my bare hands, i like to get a good pump even while fishing.

philroy
03-05-07, 11:27 am
cable - you're nuts.....
i use mine for change/ pens... but ldskenpo- that sounds awesome, i'll prob be doing the same thing when my sister has her kid.
i recently started bagging my protein, 2 scoops at a time, in ziploc of course, and my mrp's too, then i just toss em in my old pak can, and keep it in my gym bag... which is always in ym car- keeps you sane when you ned it in a rush

k1usa
03-05-07, 9:16 pm
my 3 year loves to use them to build with...small towers...also puts his matchbox cars in them....oh...to be young again......

MementoMori
03-05-07, 9:25 pm
I took the "A" sticker off of one of my cans and put it on one of my laptops. Those who know what the sticker is about always give me compliments.

rockyIV
03-06-07, 10:46 am
Anyone here keep old Animal cans when they're done with them and use them for something else? I use them to keep pens in one place...

I use them in the garage to keep kitty litter (absorb oil on the floor) or old nails in. I use one can for pens. Funny in the old Pak cans you can still smell the stench of the old vitamins. Considering my gym is in the garage it makes me want to train.

dIdDy
04-03-07, 10:44 pm
I like to peel the stickers off of the lids and put them on my water jugs, log books, sup cabinets, etc....

just thought I'd share:D

here's a pic:
http://img175.imageshack.us/img175/6035/briansstuff003uq0.jpg

Ratch
04-05-07, 6:49 pm
Lid stickers go on my wall lockers in my room and empty cans are kind of...in a pile next to my bed...maybe tie em off and make a night stand. My roommates have learned to keep the lids on...so funny watching them wretch the first time they open the can to look inside...

maddawg
04-05-07, 6:53 pm
i stick the stickers to everything the mirrors at the gym walls my truck anything i can get them to stick to.. i use them for change jars too.

naturalguy
04-05-07, 8:27 pm
I took the "A" sticker off of one of my cans and put it on one of my laptops. Those who know what the sticker is about always give me compliments.

I just stole your idea, thanks.

mjsef88
04-05-07, 8:41 pm

ha i just did the exact same thing.

I even have one stuck in my classroom for my students to see.

I would love to be in your class man.

it sounds like i do the same thing. i use them as pencil/pen holders, i have a couple up on my shelf, and yes, the cans make excellent change jars.

Torque757
04-05-07, 9:23 pm
we have no life so when were bored we find stuff to do such as fill an animal can full of lead we melted with a torch and then set them out on a table in front of my gym with a sign saying free sups and ppl try to walk by n take em and then they realize its a 90 pound can of lead PRICELESS

LOL that frickin hilarious!

emcdaniels
04-05-07, 10:38 pm

And it just got stolen again...=D

Chin
04-07-07, 12:11 am
I use them for Chalk.. pen jars... stupid stuff like that

txpower
04-07-07, 12:27 am
you know i honestly like the smell of the pak. weird huh?

Barron
04-07-07, 2:23 am
i keep em like a shrine too... i have about 15 tubs of protein and tons of Animal cans sittin on top of my fridge in my dorm room... the reaction that gets from people is priceless haha

Chin
04-07-07, 12:56 pm
i keep em like a shrine too... i have about 15 tubs of protein and tons of Animal cans sittin on top of my fridge in my dorm room... the reaction that gets from people is priceless haha

you know i honestly like the smell of the pak. weird huh?

The smell is awesome... I've come to love it... To me it just means shit is going to hit the ceiling in about an hour...

And don't you run out of room with your protein tubs lol? Because I have about 10 tubs and I can't find anywhere to put them in my room... and most of them are full

Universal Rep
11-06-07, 2:23 pm
Figured it was time to revive this thread... Especially as sometime in early 2008, the current can will be a "collector's item"... So fellas, what are you gonna do once the current can designs are discontinued?

Riesjs
11-06-07, 2:40 pm
The 3 P's on my desk....
Pens
Pencils
Pak
So i never run out!

krazyassmexican
11-06-07, 2:42 pm
pen storage devices LOL

yeah of course i got an old can of m stak, cuts pak and pump
there just waiting
till the new ones come out

ChandlerXJ
11-06-07, 2:51 pm
i fill mine with liver tabs and keep em by the bed...

RooRooTJ
11-06-07, 2:53 pm
Use the cans for storage, change, pens. Then use the stickers from the lids for my Animal Water bottles and shakers.

JUGGERNAUT
11-06-07, 2:57 pm
I use them to organize stuff like nuts, bolts and tools. I figure they were designed to work with iron, why not put the iron back in...

Universal Rep
11-06-07, 2:59 pm
I use them to organize stuff like nuts, bolts and tools. I figure they were designed to work with iron, why not put the iron back in...

Can't argue with that...

hjayss
11-06-07, 4:24 pm
Just though I would put some change in one now it is three cans of loose change 2 animal paks and one can of flex full of change.my nitro cans I put some nuts and bolts in and my other ones are in the cabinet in the basement waiting to put something in...lol..

Far Beyond Driven
11-06-07, 8:39 pm
I draw, paint, and illustrate a ton. Nothing makes a better pencil jar, brush can, quill holder, water can, etc, etc......

Heavy P
11-10-07, 7:57 pm
I use them to store all my change and i stack them up on the wall cause they look cool

Northman
11-10-07, 8:05 pm
I remember when this thread first started. It gave me the idea to keep the cans. Now I use them to store bulk food in. I have a few different kinds of beans, cereals, and flours (gluten and bean flour primarily). They hold the stuff well and sure beat the hell out of plastic bags full of the stuff.

Renji007
11-10-07, 8:06 pm
I use mine to store cooking mixes and for pens and change. Though you know what? I think that one day all of these old cans that we use may very well be priceless since hell with the coming of the new animal cans these old nitros, cuts, and pumps. Ect. Will all become some sort of collectors item won't they?

daninarmy
11-10-07, 8:29 pm
I keep change in them and I love the smell. I will keep a couple of the old cans in mint condtion. But for now change pens ect...

jmt92
11-11-07, 12:12 am
I'm beggining to stack mine in my shed/gym set up along the wall.I use one to put glutamine in cause the container it came in is too small the get the scooper through lol.then I have a few I keep chalk in.

Universal Rep
11-12-07, 10:46 am
Looks like one among the Legion has posted this over at BB.com: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=5533583

hjayss
12-26-07, 6:47 am
My real gaines tub has a plant in it so many uses the supps that give back...

Wasteland
01-30-08, 11:01 am
Now that I have a couple of the new Iconic cans, all the more reason for me to keep them around. Looks like I'll need more pens and pencils, LOL.

Cellerator65
01-30-08, 2:21 pm
i keep them around my tv, now that i dont have time to watch it

Wasteland
02-04-08, 10:32 am

Same for me. Sturdy, big and strong.

ironman_KIMO
02-16-08, 1:24 am
Well I use some of the cans to organize my tip money. 1 of the pak cans is my son's toy now. Here's a picture to see....

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e179/lunakimo/Picture1248.jpg

Caboco
02-16-08, 4:04 pm

Awesome idea, now I want to relocate my small palm tree, Lets see I need to get a real gains tub and finish it off first !!!!! :)

BODYBUILDER532
02-16-08, 4:04 pm
SOme hold nuts and bolts int he garage others just sit on a shelve and catch the dust but look good cause they re animal cans

YEA

Themostocles
02-18-08, 2:10 am
I use mine to stash my supps in various places, i.e. my locker at work, my car, my gym bag, my gf place. You never know where you will be when the time hits... -T.

never.satisfied
05-23-08, 6:32 pm
so..was wondering what u do with ur empty Animal cans when it gets finished lol?

Fury317
05-23-08, 6:38 pm
There is a thread on this already...its kinda old so you probably couldnt find it.

Tons of different uses but mainly for coin jars.

never.satisfied
05-23-08, 6:39 pm
sorry then bro's..ddnt search actually..could u gimme the url?

krazyassmexican
05-24-08, 8:13 am
i still have 2 cans of the oldskool cuts and m stak

BrotherInArms
05-24-08, 3:36 pm
Fill mine with rice and stick pens in 'em. Nothing special.

LiftBig315
05-24-08, 11:09 pm
I got mine as a coin jar...I should just fill one up, save it, and by that time I should have another one or two to start saving again...animal retirement, haha. But that is all I have used my for so far, is a coin jar.

Gaoshang Xiongshou
05-24-08, 11:12 pm
Instead of keeping all the cans as souvenirs, I just peel the sticker off the lid and find somewhere for it (power rack and mirror in the gym, wall in front of the pull-up bar, etc). I even have one stuck in my classroom for my students to see.

That is not a bad idea. I know what to do with my next label now after I finish my can of Pak!

mikejones1
05-24-08, 11:15 pm
That is not a bad idea. I know what to do with my next label now after I finish my can of Pak!

im using mine to pack up small valuable things, thumb drives, headphones, psp games chargers and multiple other things, as i am moving soon

Thetasteofink69
05-24-08, 11:34 pm
Mine sits on top of my dresser.. I don't really use it for anything.. Except for one time I was walking to my bathroom to brush my teeth before bed and when I got there there was a frog staring at me.. I have no idea how it got inside my house, let alone all the way upstairs and into my bathroom.. Anyway.. I used an old Pak can to pick him up and take him outside....... Yeahh.....

prowrestler
05-25-08, 10:42 am
what the fuck are you talking about. i dont have any stickers on any of my 3 left over m-stak cans???? where are these stickers damnit!!!

Thetasteofink69
05-25-08, 11:21 am
The 'A' log on top of the lid of the old cans is just a sticker.. Just peel it off the top and reuse it

bigrhino
05-25-08, 4:10 pm
I have one for coins and another for pens, and I tear off the labels so they look like regular cans. The rest get thrown away. I don't put the stickers on stuff, most people think it's an anarchist symbol.

Vinny G
05-25-08, 4:14 pm
garbage can

Universal Rep
08-15-08, 10:40 am
So now that we got this Big 88s for a limited time, any of you fellas saving the can? If so, what are you gonna do with 'em???

Brutus_515
08-15-08, 10:42 am
will let you know in 88 days when i get an empty one

Universal Rep
08-15-08, 10:46 am
will let you know in 88 days when i get an empty one

Well are ya planning on saving it?

Brutus_515
08-15-08, 10:50 am
Well are ya planning on saving it?

Yeah i am sure I can find something to do with it ...I still have a few vintage pak cans from last year around the basement...good for change or to prop shit up with

firsthorseman97
08-15-08, 10:53 am
I'll keep mine in the garage and throw random nails and bolts and whatever else I feel like pack-ratting in it. My garage is officially becoming my man cave.

Universal Rep
08-15-08, 10:55 am
I'll keep mine in the garage and throw random nails and bolts and whatever else I feel like pack-ratting in it. My garage is officially becoming my man cave.

Damn straight.

Enforcer
08-15-08, 10:57 am
Throw them out...lol

InkdMuscle
08-15-08, 1:16 pm
mine go to my daughters because they like them for piggy banks. or they like to stash all the stuff in it. There shelves have pak, cuts, pump and nitro all over them. They fight to see whos gonna get the next can when im finished. So i have to buy 3 of what ever that way they all get one. but hey its not like im looseing out anyways. lol

pmug0000
08-15-08, 1:51 pm
Recycle!

Android
08-15-08, 4:05 pm
I keep 'em because you never know when you might need a empty can lol.

callme47
08-15-08, 7:42 pm
I fill my can up with money.

Joe_clay
08-18-08, 12:11 pm
One can i refill with protein to take to the gym for straight after my workout, rather than taking the huge tub the protein comes in. Lasts me about a week, then just refill from my 3kg bucket.

Also just use them for random crap i wana keep out of sight

Northman
08-18-08, 2:13 pm
Just started to use them to store stuff like flax seeds and loose herbs. I have an animal kitchen.

Histo55
08-18-08, 2:17 pm
I put all my change in my first ever animal pak can....bout four years old.....once the can is full, i have between 40-80 dollars and its time to buy some more animal products

strivin for more
07-13-09, 11:51 am
anyone have any creative/practical uses for these leftover animalpak cans? ahhah,
i for one use them to collect and seperate/organize screws, bolts, nuts, etc on my truck as i continue to bring her back to life. haha.

just a fun thread, any thoughts?

CuttDeez
07-13-09, 11:56 am
Wierd story but acctually a good use.

My cat got diagnosed with diabetes about 3 months ago. My mom and I now have to give her shots twice a day. We sarted putting the used needles in a big metal bowl but my mom started getting scared that something would happen. Needless to say now there is tin of Animal Nitro full of my cats shots. I just hope that the neighbors don't think I'm shooting up if they see a jacked dude taking out the trash with a supplement can full of insulin needles ha ha!

Razor
07-13-09, 1:47 pm
Im about to finish one can and i'm gonna start a collection on a shelf. Then just pile em up. i love the look of em.

jesse45690
07-13-09, 4:03 pm
I got one corner of my bedroom with towers of the cans going to the ceiling.

E-Train
07-14-09, 6:38 pm
I got one corner of my bedroom with towers of the cans going to the ceiling.

that shit must be tight, take a pic please bro?

Universal Rep
07-15-09, 12:04 pm
that shit must be tight, take a pic please bro?

x2.

Universal Rep
07-15-09, 12:09 pm
And now ya got a reason to post up some pics: http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?t=26674

Get creative fellas and good luck.

E-Train
07-16-09, 12:41 am
whyyy? i just cleaned out my closet of them, about 200 cans and filled three recycling bins......sobbbbbb