PDA

View Full Version : Whats your most intersting or funny moment in the gym?

mgmmaze
10-30-10, 5:50 pm
I know alot of us have at least one time where we had a WTF if that guy or girl doing. I used to have a capt when i was Marine would would crip walk all over the gym in between sets. But today takes the cake for me. I saw this guy grab a 80lb dumbell stands it up takes a wide stance then he does this side squat and when he stands up he does this crazy river dance style kick around the dumbell when he is done. then when is done with the whole set he throws his leg up like he was tryin to be in those capt morgan commercials and also throws the double peace sign and has this what do u want mofo look on his face all while lookin at the mirror. I had to walk away cause i was laughing so hard

zubda345
10-31-10, 12:10 am
well, here in my gym there are alot of times these type of things happen, I'll tell u one thing there was a guy new to the gym, I was doing the machine shoulder press, when my set was over he just came to the machine like he's gonna blast the weights off. He lowered some weight n then gave ti his full effort. He couldn't lift the weights but he sure did farted alone with a grin. Man It was hilarious....

Maccabee
10-31-10, 3:10 am
This guy came to the gym one time and I think he was drunk. He started doing sit ups on the decline bench. As he was going up and down he was thrown punches and just going psycho at the air. For each rep he must of made like 30 punches. When he was done he just walks away real calm and peaceful.

mgmmaze
10-31-10, 10:19 am
This guy came to the gym one time and I think he was drunk. He started doing sit ups on the decline bench. As he was going up and down he was thrown punches and just going psycho at the air. For each rep he must of made like 30 punches. When he was done he just walks away real calm and peaceful.

that is definitely a what the hell just happened moment right there

zubda345
10-31-10, 11:23 pm
Some people are really crazy, They don't come to the gym to train but to laugh n have fun, They don't even lift correctly. I hate that...

Bard of Rage
11-01-10, 6:33 pm
Off the top of my head it would have to be when I was doing leg press in a gym at my last base, there was a single 10lb weight keeping the machine off the wall since it wasn't bolted down. Mid set the weight decided to move and the whole machine moved with the sled. Needless to say I nearly shat my self and have a healthy respect for the saftey catch, I even left a nice hole in the wall due to the seat.

mgmmaze
11-02-10, 2:12 pm
Some people are really crazy, They don't come to the gym to train but to laugh n have fun, They don't even lift correctly. I hate that...

ohh yeah there are some high school kids that go to the gym i go to this one kid walking around like he is arnold telling these chicks how to really bench then he walks up to bench himself he gets under the bar which he has 115 on with a nice yell lifts it and proceeds to have it crash on his chest and his spotter watches the whole thing happen. wow is all i can say

Cellardweller
11-02-10, 4:30 pm
A couple weeks ago I walked in to hit up my shoulders. First thing you do is scan the gym to see if your equipment is available. On the military press there was a big tan leather purse hanging off the bar. There was this 70ish old lady doing something on the seated row machine with some dumbells. Must have been afraind to leave her purse in the locker room.

mgmmaze
11-02-10, 7:05 pm
A couple weeks ago I walked in to hit up my shoulders. First thing you do is scan the gym to see if your equipment is available. On the military press there was a big tan leather purse hanging off the bar. There was this 70ish old lady doing something on the seated row machine with some dumbells. Must have been afraind to leave her purse in the locker room.

i def havent seen that yet but i didnt know the gym doubled as a hanger for purses either hmmm

rmt0512
11-02-10, 9:19 pm
Too many to choose from.

1. The guy who looks like a short Danny Bonaduce who works biceps EVERY SINGLE DAY, and gets antsy when someone is on a machine he wants. He just paces around them instead of asking how many sets they've got left.

2. The high school kids who make it waaaay too obvious that they're there to check out girls instead of lifting. I saw a kid fall of the incline bench while straining to look at some girl passing by behind him.

3. The guy who comes in 10-15 mintues before closing, warms up and stretches for 5 minutes, does 1-2 exercises, then leaves. I have never seen him there at any other time. Kudos for the effort though.

mgmmaze
11-02-10, 11:05 pm
Too many to choose from.

1. The guy who looks like a short Danny Bonaduce who works biceps EVERY SINGLE DAY, and gets antsy when someone is on a machine he wants. He just paces around them instead of asking how many sets they've got left.

2. The high school kids who make it waaaay too obvious that they're there to check out girls instead of lifting. I saw a kid fall of the incline bench while straining to look at some girl passing by behind him.

3. The guy who comes in 10-15 mintues before closing, warms up and stretches for 5 minutes, does 1-2 exercises, then leaves. I have never seen him there at any other time. Kudos for the effort though.
haha all of those are awesome this thread is takin off like i hoped it would. there are so many things that happens i think this should be a staple because we all need to laugh from time to time

Crematia
11-03-10, 1:02 pm
I was deadlifting heavy (for me) and a tiny silent protein fart creeped out accidentally. I was by myself pretty much and didn't think anything of it. Out of nowhere, one of the ladies athletic teams came in and started working all around me, I gave them the look like ok, which one of you farted? I proclaimed my innocence with my stare. It worked.

Another one was when this kid got on the treadmill beside me and started to jog, his water bottle fell off and he tried to grab it and fell on his face. I managed not to laugh, and asked if he was ok.

Brick By Brick
11-03-10, 1:12 pm
ohh yeah there are some high school kids that go to the gym i go to this one kid walking around like he is arnold telling these chicks how to really bench then he walks up to bench himself he gets under the bar which he has 115 on with a nice yell lifts it and proceeds to have it crash on his chest and his spotter watches the whole thing happen. wow is all i can say

I saw Kenny Powers do that on "Eastbound and Down." Awesome.....

Anytime Fitness is a gold mine for weird shit. There's the lady that wears the same thing every day, black shirt, black skirt, does 30 min. on the elliptical. The jump-rope lady, who I think is doing some kind of modified CrossFit thing. Every one of the 20-25 yr old guys who wear t-shirts with the sleeves cut off, who do bench/arms every day. God I hate that place.

mgmmaze
11-03-10, 4:23 pm
Brick that place sounds like the cesspool for the fitness world. and for the cut off shirts i love that and most of the tie they walk around flexing thinking they are arnold or something, but if u ever hear arnold talk they didnt do that in the gym they flexed to see their symmetry but not just to walk around like they have some lats or something like that

Brick By Brick
11-03-10, 4:45 pm
Brick that place sounds like the cesspool for the fitness world. and for the cut off shirts i love that and most of the tie they walk around flexing thinking they are arnold or something, but if u ever hear arnold talk they didnt do that in the gym they flexed to see their symmetry but not just to walk around like they have some lats or something like that

I've been spoiled the past 2-3 months training at Genesis Gym in Nampa (the closest thing we have to an 'old school' gym, IMHO), but I'm excited for my membership to run out at Anytime. Wouldn't you know it, as soon as I got out of the one lame-ass power rack in the whole place (doing push presses, BTN presses, strict presses) some clown jumps in there and starts doing curls in the rack. The funny thing is, I love Gold's Gym, but I hate Anytime. Go figure.

mgmmaze
11-03-10, 7:03 pm
i learned something about Golds that Joe Gold engineered all his own workout equipment in the orginals golds all the machines Joe had made

mgmmaze
11-06-10, 11:41 am
I've been spoiled the past 2-3 months training at Genesis Gym in Nampa (the closest thing we have to an 'old school' gym, IMHO), but I'm excited for my membership to run out at Anytime. Wouldn't you know it, as soon as I got out of the one lame-ass power rack in the whole place (doing push presses, BTN presses, strict presses) some clown jumps in there and starts doing curls in the rack. The funny thing is, I love Gold's Gym, but I hate Anytime. Go figure.

is anytime the place i heard of that has those grunt alarms

NJC_Manhattan
11-06-10, 11:52 am
A dude in my gym, who was huge and ultra cut, rocked shirts that said 'Natural is the only way' or 'Juice is for pussies!' and other such stuff. Last week he was busted in the locker room with a needle and small vials. WHOOOPS!!!

Hypocrites give the most entertainment

Nix0r
11-06-10, 12:19 pm
I saw a lady eat a Twix while on a recumbent bike.

mgmmaze
11-06-10, 3:59 pm
A dude in my gym, who was huge and ultra cut, rocked shirts that said 'Natural is the only way' or 'Juice is for pussies!' and other such stuff. Last week he was busted in the locker room with a needle and small vials. WHOOOPS!!!

Hypocrites give the most entertainment

ohh yeah i didnt go to my 10 yr highschool reunion but everyone i know did talked about one guy, who was super massive, and u know gentics this supps that ya there is only so much natural stuff can do for you, he was like all i take is creatine, u dont go from 130lb as a senior in highschool to 280 10 yrs later thats not genetics or just creatine

DetroitMuscle
11-08-10, 11:16 am
I knew a guy once that would do triceps EVERY DAY...thats all he would train. Well one day he decided he was going to do DB presses on the flat bench for chest (I was shocked). No warmup he grabbed the 130s...now this guy could not have weighed 170...He rolled back on the bench and right right arm gave and he literally rolled off the bench! The guy was soooo lucky he didnt tear his entire body in half. He walked away unscathed and with a lesson learned...

Cellardweller
11-08-10, 3:01 pm
As far as accidents go, I was on a treadmill at this gym that had the cardio machines on a balcony looking down at at the main floor. There was a guy doing chest flyes with dumbells just smashing them together at the top. He brought the bells together and the weld broke on one and several 10 lb plates fell and each hit him in the face. That was the end of his workout.

PIJW
11-08-10, 3:34 pm
As far as accidents go, I was on a treadmill at this gym that had the cardio machines on a balcony looking down at at the main floor. There was a guy doing chest flyes with dumbells just smashing them together at the top. He brought the bells together and the weld broke on one and several 10 lb plates fell and each hit him in the face. That was the end of his workout.

WOW, bet he wont smash DB together again, was he hurt badly/

mgmmaze
11-08-10, 6:12 pm
damn talk about some hulk smash on that one

_achilles_
11-08-10, 6:15 pm
at my highschool gym the football coach gave all the kids a team workout. It had no leg day on it. He said that lower body wasnt needed in football...

Cellardweller
11-09-10, 4:40 pm
WOW, bet he wont smash DB together again, was he hurt badly/

He pretty much just ran out the door holding his face.

FITGYM
11-11-10, 12:58 am
One night after work I went to "Holiday Spa" to hit some cardio and I was on the treadmill and this girl walked by while I was running. She was a HOTTIE....well long story short..... I looked like the dumbest dude there ever when I went flying because I just stopped running because I was staring at her. I got banged up pretty good. I never did get the number lmao

mgmmaze
11-12-10, 10:44 pm
One night after work I went to "Holiday Spa" to hit some cardio and I was on the treadmill and this girl walked by while I was running. She was a HOTTIE....well long story short..... I looked like the dumbest dude there ever when I went flying because I just stopped running because I was staring at her. I got banged up pretty good. I never did get the number lmao

i didnt quite do tha but i got all hyped up to do cardio well i looked saw one treadmill open so i start to walk up on it no one was on it for like 2 or 3 min. i walk up put my foot on it and bam smash my face some ASSHOLE left the belt running my face got some road rash. so if u are out ther i will find u

jeff00z28
11-14-10, 6:00 pm
this douchebag was doing 1/8 squats with 405 in the power rack. he unracked all of the plates off one side at once, and the bar flipped over and went thru the mirror and drywall

J Wong
11-14-10, 11:19 pm
There is a guy at the Y I go to on Sundays that is an average looking 50 year old with a pot belly that does DB flys with 10 lb DBs, and screams on every rep, and he paces back and forth flexing at the mirror non stop.

Cstlfx
11-14-10, 11:24 pm
I had to get this one off my chest because my training partner and I nearly died laughing.

There's a new guy in the gym, you can tell he's just starting to get into the gym, so props for him for doing so. But, he walked over to the incline bench and starts putting weight on. He puts two 10's on one side and throws on two 5's on the other side. He was going to lift it until we came over to tell him his mistake. So he takes the 5's off and somehow grabs two more 5's (completely different ones) so now he yet again has 20 pounds on one side and 10 pounds on the other. We had to tell him again that he'd done the same thing. He must have had a brain cramp there, but he finally took off the two 10's and replaced them with two 5's making the bar even. Havent seen him use free weights since then.

On a side note, his girlfriend carries a pack of smokes with her around the gym, takes smoke breaks while drinking a sugar-free redbull. Also, no matter how many times you show her how to use a machine (with pictures on it no less), she cant figure out how to use it.

Optimus Prime
11-15-10, 10:35 am
i like this thred cuz it reminds us all about those fools in the gyms not lik e us. hahahaha they r so clueless arent they bros???

zHazzarD
11-15-10, 8:16 pm
theres this one older guy in my gym that goes to watch tv, and he'll lean on a machine for 20 minutes and not move like hes in a trance, its annoying and funny at the same time haha

mgmmaze
11-20-10, 10:19 am
I knew a guy once that would do triceps EVERY DAY...thats all he would train. Well one day he decided he was going to do DB presses on the flat bench for chest (I was shocked). No warmup he grabbed the 130s...now this guy could not have weighed 170...He rolled back on the bench and right right arm gave and he literally rolled off the bench! The guy was soooo lucky he didnt tear his entire body in half. He walked away unscathed and with a lesson learned...

that dude must have had the most muscle endruance in his triceps ever

blaine
11-21-10, 12:32 am
fart squating on my part. you know its loud when u can hear it through ur headphones at max volume and all the people glancing over.

a smoking hot chick farted on the leg curl machine. it stunk so bad everyone cleared out that area,

Jay
11-21-10, 4:05 am
Just watched a skinner kid today doing 1 arm curls with a 15pd dumbell, and talking on his cell phone with the other. Did this for about 20 minutes. Interesting, no , funny, no ANNOYING. yep.

Jay
11-21-10, 4:11 am
*skinnier*

MetalHeart
11-23-10, 12:29 pm
Funniest thing I saw in a while. I saw this guy once that was going to do a seated tricep extension. Everything looked fine, until he put the weight to 60 kg's, and he sat down, grabbed the handles and yelled, as he pulled it turns out he didn't lock in the handle and his hands just flailed along with the handle away. When he realised what had happened his face was tomato red. I couldn't help but to laugh. He just carried his stuff and went away.

Jay
11-23-10, 3:49 pm
Funniest thing I saw in a while. I saw this guy once that was going to do a seated tricep extension. Everything looked fine, until he put the weight to 60 kg's, and he sat down, grabbed the handles and yelled, as he pulled it turns out he didn't lock in the handle and his hands just flailed along with the handle away. When he realised what had happened his face was tomato red. I couldn't help but to laugh. He just carried his stuff and went away.

haha! thats a good one.

Machine
11-25-10, 5:30 pm
A few years back I happened to notice a guy doing inclined Smith Machine presses with around 275lbs. He goes to get a drink or some shit (wasn't watching) and he was gone for a while...but the next time I looked back over some other guy had broke the weight down to 135lbs for a quick set...this fucktard had just come out of the tanning bed on his way out for an evening on the town and he must have wanted to pump his pathetic chest before he put on his little brother's shirt and went out...

Any way...at least the guy did have the courtesy of loading the weight back the way he found it on the Smith...soon the original guy finally came back for another set...as soon as he unracked the bar with a thumbless grip...that shit slipped right out of his hands and landed right on his chest...I pulled the weight of him and reracked and thats when I realized that other asshole got some kind of lotion all over the bar and that is why it slipped out of the guy's hands and crushed the dudes chest.

That weight looked like it came down going about a hundred miles an hour....cant believe he lived...

Funny shit

MACHINE

mgmmaze
11-28-10, 12:56 pm
A few years back I happened to notice a guy doing inclined Smith Machine presses with around 275lbs. He goes to get a drink or some shit (wasn't watching) and he was gone for a while...but the next time I looked back over some other guy had broke the weight down to 135lbs for a quick set...this fucktard had just come out of the tanning bed on his way out for an evening on the town and he must have wanted to pump his pathetic chest before he put on his little brother's shirt and went out...

Any way...at least the guy did have the courtesy of loading the weight back the way he found it on the Smith...soon the original guy finally came back for another set...as soon as he unracked the bar with a thumbless grip...that shit slipped right out of his hands and landed right on his chest...I pulled the weight of him and reracked and thats when I realized that other asshole got some kind of lotion all over the bar and that is why it slipped out of the guy's hands and crushed the dudes chest.

That weight looked like it came down going about a hundred miles an hour....cant believe he lived...

Funny shit

MACHINE

god damn going to the tanning bed ten back to lifting my god. and its damn good to see ya in here MACHINE

mgmmaze
12-04-10, 7:37 pm
I know there is the rapper 50 cent well i saw this guy today doing triceps so i asked how many more sets and i meet Mr.50 sets he literally told me 50 sets total im like ok see ya later dude

Jengyz
12-11-10, 7:53 am
There was a guy coming to gym every single day and working with every single machine in a random order. He said he wanted to get huge.

jeff00z28
12-15-10, 11:11 am
clogged the toilet int he gym a couple days ago. i thought that was pretty funny

S-Temple
12-15-10, 2:02 pm
There were these few school kids today. That came to the gym they were hogging the chin up machine and I must say it's the first time I ever saw anyone do a "Fish Chin Up". His body kept on moving as if he was a fish on dry land.

MetalHeart
12-15-10, 5:38 pm
There were these few school kids today. That came to the gym they were hogging the chin up machine and I must say it's the first time I ever saw anyone do a "Fish Chin Up". His body kept on moving as if he was a fish on dry land.

I lol'd. Spray water at him see what happens. =P

zubda345
12-17-10, 2:52 am
I lol'd. Spray water at him see what happens. =P

haha, good one bro... :)

zubda345
12-17-10, 3:03 am
Once in my old gym the cousin of the employ of the gym told me that he wanna train legs with me, So i agreed. The next day when we about to do leg presses I loaded the machine with 450lbs n did my thing, (He had never ever trained legs before n his upper body was huge as he was some dino) he did one set with 120lbs n after my 2nd set when we were about to unload plated he said "No just let me try it for once, I said it'll fall on U, he said no Just let me check once."

OK, the weight was 480lbs now, n just when he was gonna get the machine down it really smashed on him, he was shirtless I was just looking at his face, He cried "DROP THE PLATES DROP THE PLATES." No harm was done, but he became a laughter in the gym for about a month....

N also one time another person huge on his upper body saw me doin legpress in the morning. after I was done he looked me in the eye (he was my frnd though) lied down n just dropped the machine on him n man It was really hilarious I died laughing n when he pushed the machine with his hands n just escaped n said that the machine is broke machine is broke.... Man I can die laughing right now .....

zubda345
12-17-10, 10:55 am
here's a little something u people might like...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k4NwVYLqGco&feature=player_embedded#!

mgmmaze
12-23-10, 4:39 pm
just figure i ask but has anyone seen santa at any gyms hmmm

MRmichael.hooker
12-23-10, 8:23 pm
always pretty entertaining to watch sweaty smelly guys trying to hit on pretty girls while they are working out

Imjorman
12-24-10, 4:30 pm
At my gym at school we have the dumbbell rack right next to the squatting rack, so it isn't uncommon to find people doing dumbbell exercises in front of the squatting area. Well one particular arm day me and my partner were doing curls in front of the squatting area. We were all alone in the gym (it was early on a Thursday morning) and in come these two freshman kids (douchebags I've learned from other encounters).

Well we're in the middle of a set in front of the squat rack and this kid hops underneath the bar, immediately takes a leap back, and starts squatting. His first rep with the 45 lb. bar he hits my partners hand and causes him to drop his dumbbell. This douchebag kid racks the bar, turns around, and says, "you gonna fuckin move?"

We just kinda stared at him. I had no response for his actions. I'm still dumbfounded at the whole process. These are the kids who train full body every single day and are really annoying about it; There was one day they were squatting with the bar (shocker) and the other guy that trains in that duo says, "You know what...let's get some weight on this bar!" (The ! mark is reflective of how he said it: half yelling/half excited. They start yelling stuff like "Let's go big dog, come on big dog!" And then put 25's on either side and start bragging about how big they are.

I'm still dumbfounded at this "training duo."

TigerAce01
12-24-10, 7:12 pm
At my gym at school we have the dumbbell rack right next to the squatting rack, so it isn't uncommon to find people doing dumbbell exercises in front of the squatting area. Well one particular arm day me and my partner were doing curls in front of the squatting area. We were all alone in the gym (it was early on a Thursday morning) and in come these two freshman kids (douchebags I've learned from other encounters).

Well we're in the middle of a set in front of the squat rack and this kid hops underneath the bar, immediately takes a leap back, and starts squatting. His first rep with the 45 lb. bar he hits my partners hand and causes him to drop his dumbbell. This douchebag kid racks the bar, turns around, and says, "you gonna fuckin move?"

We just kinda stared at him. I had no response for his actions. I'm still dumbfounded at the whole process. These are the kids who train full body every single day and are really annoying about it; There was one day they were squatting with the bar (shocker) and the other guy that trains in that duo says, "You know what...let's get some weight on this bar!" (The ! mark is reflective of how he said it: half yelling/half excited. They start yelling stuff like "Let's go big dog, come on big dog!" And then put 25's on either side and start bragging about how big they are.

I'm still dumbfounded at this "training duo."

Either douchebag or not...don't curl in the squat rack.

I once did it in my old gym and a few really stong competitive lifters always squatted on mondays. I was doing 95lbs curls in the rack when they came in...they came up to me and gave me 5 fingers (5 mins). 5 mins and 1 second later, the guy came over, took my barbell, threw it across the room, then my bag quickly followed. He said if he ever saw me curling in the rack again he'd throw a 45 at my face...needless to say I never did it again.

...that was also the day I learned how to sqaut.

-Ace

Imjorman
12-25-10, 12:48 am

I once did it in my old gym and a few really stong competitive lifters always squatted on mondays. I was doing 95lbs curls in the rack when they came in...they came up to me and gave me 5 fingers (5 mins). 5 mins and 1 second later, the guy came over, took my barbell, threw it across the room, then my bag quickly followed. He said if he ever saw me curling in the rack again he'd throw a 45 at my face...needless to say I never did it again.

-Ace

But no like it wasn't we were curling in the rack. This kid had to go out of his way to make this happen; that and where I train, the practice of curling in that location is common. I mean the dude set his bag down, then immediately proceeded to make this happen. I could see if we were in the way of a person getting ready for a set or whatever but, 1. bag drop 2. proceed to squat with empty bar 3. talk trash to guys in mid-set.

It was weird/uncalled for/ left me going "what just happened"

mgmmaze
12-30-10, 5:17 pm
havent been to the gym in about a month between school ending, moving, and holidays man do i miss the therapy of going to the gym not only to lift to but to laugh at the all the stupid shit that goes on

dmaipa
12-30-10, 8:27 pm
had a guy and im guessing his girlfriend come walking into the YMCA i used to work at. they head straight to the bench and he started to show her how to bench press. 5 minutes later i hear a scream and weight plates dropping, look towards where the noise was. the girl was laying on the bench with an empty barbell with one end pointing up, then she gets up and yells at the guy and storms out. guy goes running after..i walk back there and find out what really happened. jackass guy put a 25 lb plate on one side and a 35 lb plate on the other side and told the girl that she could do it..lucky she didn't get hurt..never saw them ever again..

Nix0r
12-30-10, 8:34 pm

-Ace

Kirk Karwoski?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E58g-3K_wtY&feature=related

TigerAce01
12-31-10, 10:55 am
Kirk Karwoski?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E58g-3K_wtY&feature=related

hahahahahaha

that guy must have stolen it from him...not that scary to me after watching Kirk say it.

-Ace

IronWilson
12-31-10, 1:08 pm

-Ace

I don't care how big somebody is, doing something like that is just a dick move. Saying something tactful would be fine, but don't do something crazy just so you can uphold your status as a "badass." And how he said you have 5 minutes? That is a really arrogant thing to do. What makes them so much better than anyone else in the gym?

Fuck those assholes. I don't know why some people admire people like this for doing these kinds of things.

Machine
12-31-10, 2:46 pm
I don't care how big somebody is, doing something like that is just a dick move. Saying something tactful would be fine, but don't do something crazy just so you can uphold your status as a "badass." And how he said you have 5 minutes? That is a really arrogant thing to do. What makes them so much better than anyone else in the gym?

Fuck those assholes. I don't know why some people admire people like this for doing these kinds of things.

My brother, of course you are completely accurate in your assessment...this is not proper behavior at all. But having been at the rodeo many times and being around all manner of elite athletes, I will offer this as a poor attemt to mitigate this bad behavior.

I have been around people of high rank and preeminence all my life in varied fields, but mostly athletes professional baseball, football, basketball, powerlifting, bodybuilding, and on and on. The plain truth is that this type of athletic success can sometimes foster a bravado that is very offputting to the people around these men and women. They really must have almost super confidence to lift the kind of weight and face down the kind of odds it takes to challenge the beast and win repeatedly. This super confidence can permeate every aspect of what these people do and say and while this is no excuse...it just an uncomfortable reality that is out there.

As I said you are correct and these people can be assholes...they can also be the most beloved icons of our time...the tough part is that they are probably a little bit of both. But mostly they are flawed humans who are just really gifted and dont know how to handle their success socially.

I have only seen very few athletes in the prime of their success who were able to be humble and extremely respectful to all people. One of them is Ronnie Coleman, But sadly there arent very many. I can tell you countless horror storeies about your favorite athletes behaving badly. It just isnt very flattering,

Hope this makes sense...a little sense anyway...and in your travels always be content to let a fool be a fool, but let him be a lonely fool by not being a fool right along side him.

MACHINE

Back To Basics
01-01-11, 9:51 pm
My brother, of course you are completely accurate in your assessment...this is not proper behavior at all. But having been at the rodeo many times and being around all manner of elite athletes, I will offer this as a poor attemt to mitigate this bad behavior.

I have been around people of high rank and preeminence all my life in varied fields, but mostly athletes professional baseball, football, basketball, powerlifting, bodybuilding, and on and on. The plain truth is that this type of athletic success can sometimes foster a bravado that is very offputting to the people around these men and women. They really must have almost super confidence to lift the kind of weight and face down the kind of odds it takes to challenge the beast and win repeatedly. This super confidence can permeate every aspect of what these people do and say and while this is no excuse...it just an uncomfortable reality that is out there.

As I said you are correct and these people can be assholes...they can also be the most beloved icons of our time...the tough part is that they are probably a little bit of both. But mostly they are flawed humans who are just really gifted and dont know how to handle their success socially.

I have only seen very few athletes in the prime of their success who were able to be humble and extremely respectful to all people. One of them is Ronnie Coleman, But sadly there arent very many. I can tell you countless horror storeies about your favorite athletes behaving badly. It just isnt very flattering,

Hope this makes sense...a little sense anyway...and in your travels always be content to let a fool be a fool, but let him be a lonely fool by not being a fool right along side him.

MACHINE

There is nothing more I respect than an athlete who is humble and grateful to his fans and supporters, thank god all the animal/universal athletes are exactly that - I also see Jay cutler who writes autographs for fans no matter what or how many there is, I read an article that Evan Centopani wrote similar to this and he said that Back stage after he did a show he saw jay cutler signing autographs for a couple of people, Evan left and came back to go home and it was something like 1 in the morning and Jay was still there signing and talking to fans.

http://www.animalpak.com/html/article_details.cfm?ID=473&section=training

This article is a must read.

Machine
01-02-11, 11:45 am
There is nothing more I respect than an athlete who is humble and grateful to his fans and supporters, thank god all the animal/universal athletes are exactly that - I also see Jay cutler who writes autographs for fans no matter what or how many there is, I read an article that Evan Centopani wrote similar to this and he said that Back stage after he did a show he saw jay cutler signing autographs for a couple of people, Evan left and came back to go home and it was something like 1 in the morning and Jay was still there signing and talking to fans.

http://www.animalpak.com/html/article_details.cfm?ID=473&section=training

This article is a must read.

That is a nice read...and I am glad that there are some classy cats out there...athletes just dont realize that one bad act can cancel out a thousand good ones...good acts dont sell as well as the bad ones do.

MACHINE

Diesel Rocket
01-03-11, 8:38 am
http://www.geogum.com/media/uploaded/posts/a457821f3d3a2ecc20c79d88cd238034.jpg

mgmmaze
01-04-11, 2:53 pm
so today back in the gym i saw this one old guy i see everyday i go in the same thing red sweats and white tshirt so im wondering does this guy own a ton of red sweats or its the same hmmm wonder

PIJW
01-04-11, 3:00 pm
Been meaning to post this and finally decided too. So a couple days after x-mas in im the gym as usual and the teenager group(16-22ish) is in there as usual too. I think they all got straps for x-mas cause it was all i could do to not laugh. They each had lifting straps on and used them for EVERYTHING. One group of 2 was doing back and they were using the straps for pull-ups, pull downs, some kinda a deadlift, and seated rows. The other group was working bis and using the straps on the ez curl bar, standing/seated/incline DB curls. I just could not believe it, now granted this is the same group that has asked me what im doping with and among other questions. I just wish they actually teached how to properly lift and what to use and when. Oh yeah and when they were done they ALL took turns doing behind back wrist curls, HAHAHA

Halfbred
01-04-11, 8:04 pm
Theres this guy that used to work out at the same gym i did way back in the day. He was maybe 5'11 150lbs...after doing a crappy set of pull-downs he would walk around like he was carrying bags...imaginary lat syndrome.

Jay
01-05-11, 8:02 am
We have a MR T guy... Mohawk, Camo everything, boots, dark shades. Watching someone walking on an indoor treadmill wearing sunglasses is a sight to see.......

Halfbred
01-05-11, 7:59 pm
We have a MR T guy... Mohawk, Camo everything, boots, dark shades. Watching someone walking on an indoor treadmill wearing sunglasses is a sight to see.......

get a pic, i want to see with my own two eyes.
Halfbred

mgmmaze
01-06-11, 6:17 pm
i bet that is an awesome sigh.. i pity the foo who is on the treadmill while im lookin haha

Halfbred
01-06-11, 10:29 pm
Haha this provided me with laughs throughout the day
Halfbred

mgmmaze
01-11-11, 12:17 pm
so for the past 4 months the old guy i talked about earlier who wears nothing but red sweats and white tshirt actully wore something diffrent i was shocked to say the least

Halfbred
01-11-11, 6:31 pm
was it even more colorful this time?

mgmmaze
01-12-11, 1:32 am
was it even more colorful this time?

No Sir black sweats black tshirt im like wow really