PDA

View Full Version : Question for House or anyone who eats raw coffee?

BarbellManiac
10-31-10, 3:29 pm
How do you do it, I tried to it today, but seriously it's like a recipe for disaster. Tastes horrible. Although coffee is great for energy pre workout if you train in the morning, and I usually don't have to make it, but how do you eat this stuff early morning?

Adrenaline
07-25-12, 3:56 pm
How do you do it, I tried to it today, but seriously it's like a recipe for disaster. Tastes horrible. Although coffee is great for energy pre workout if you train in the morning, and I usually don't have to make it, but how do you eat this stuff early morning?

Brewing coffee is a lot more concentrated in caffeine than just eating the beans/powder. In other words, you gotta eat a lot more coffee beans to get the same amount of caffeine in a cup. I've consumed ground coffee mixed in with water pre-workout. Tastes like what most people would consider garbage, but i don't mind

Cellardweller
07-25-12, 5:51 pm
Just pound down some cold coffee before you head out. Better yet, put it in a shaker with some vanillia whey.

TufffGuY
07-25-12, 7:55 pm
better yet buy some caffeine pills, would actually be cheaper.

Cellardweller
07-25-12, 8:36 pm
You could also get anhydrous caffiene powder pretty cheap and add it to anything.

edit: Eating raw coffee is more bad ass.

Wycked
07-26-12, 12:33 am
Wtf is wrong with u guys. Just drink a coffee for damn sakes. Seriously!!!

N. Motta
07-26-12, 12:34 am

Haha, seriously. Why would you do that? It takes 5 minutes to brew a cup of coffee.

ThatLittleMonster
07-26-12, 12:38 am

I agree, i just dont see it as having an edge of, drinking coffee or eating it raw. Im sure the weights wont mind if its in a cup rather than your hand.

Wycked
07-26-12, 9:08 pm
I agree, i just dont see it as having an edge of, drinking coffee or eating it raw. Im sure the weights wont mind if its in a cup rather than your hand.

These guys should start eating raw eggs like rocky too. Hardcore is one thing boys lets not get carried away

TufffGuY
07-26-12, 10:54 pm
These guys should start eating raw eggs like rocky too. Hardcore is one thing boys lets not get carried away

Nothing says hardcore like a bacteria infection from eating raw unpasteurized eggs..

N. Motta
07-26-12, 11:20 pm
Nothing says hardcore like a bacteria infection from eating raw unpasteurized eggs..

On that note. I know that a handful of longtime members here, including myself, have regularly ate raw eggs, for years. And without any problem. Yes, I know I will be hating life if/when I get sick as a dog. But for awhile, I was eating at least 6 raw eggs a every day, for a good 9 months straight. Zero problems. But as I said, I do acknowledge there is a risk.

BigChrisF
07-26-12, 11:49 pm
Chocolate covered coffee beans are awesome. That's how I eat them.

Cellardweller
07-27-12, 5:55 am
for the record, I drink my coffee and have never ate raw beans before chocolate covered or otherwise. I have drank eggs with no problem before. You can get pasturized egg whites if you're wanting to drink that safely. You're not doing your taste buds any favors though.

Bruiser
07-27-12, 11:15 am
Truth in advertising right here.. And I love these things!

http://www.crackheadscandy.com/

Universal Rep
07-27-12, 11:42 am

http://www.livestrong.com/article/476658-the-effects-of-eating-coffee-beans/

HIGA MONSTER
07-27-12, 1:24 pm
When Gus Rethwisch used to live in Honolulu, he would take 3 scoops of Folger's coffee and wash it down with a Coca-Cola.

I thought that was pretty fuckin nuts but Gus deadlifted 903 lbs so I guess it worked for him.

HIGA MONSTER

rbowman91
07-27-12, 2:53 pm

Seconded

Adrenaline
07-27-12, 6:45 pm
anyone ever try brewed coffee and chocolate whey??

Wolf_Soldier
08-18-12, 8:31 am
On that note. I know that a handful of longtime members here, including myself, have regularly ate raw eggs, for years. And without any problem. Yes, I know I will be hating life if/when I get sick as a dog. But for awhile, I was eating at least 6 raw eggs a every day, for a good 9 months straight. Zero problems. But as I said, I do acknowledge there is a risk.

^Agreed. Although my risks are understood, I've never been sick from raw eggs or coffee. Being in the military, I just don't have time to make coffee or eggs. For example, I'm notorious on my ship for my concocted "Warrior Shake" = Protein, Water, Oatmeal, Coffee grounds. Not bad actually, I just toss it back and I'm ready to go. A few of those a day and I keep moving.

MRmichael.hooker
08-19-12, 1:14 pm
Haha, seriously. Why would you do that? It takes 5 minutes to brew a cup of coffee.

even faster if you just set the damn timer the night before. If you wake up at 6am, before you go to bed, set the coffee maker timer for 5:50am. Fuck chewing coffee grinds lol

Ox
08-20-12, 4:50 pm
Adding instant coffee to a vanilla or chocolate protein shake gives it great flavor and can give you the caffeine kick you're after.

Brometheus
08-27-12, 7:55 pm
Adding instant coffee to a vanilla or chocolate protein shake gives it great flavor and can give you the caffeine kick you're after.

After reading this decided to add some Mint Chocolate Real gains to my morning coffee, and it was delicious.

NJC_Manhattan
08-28-12, 9:19 am

^This

Coffee Shake (I use this Pre WO... when I'm not cutting)

1 cup coffee (I use dunkin Donuts)
1-2 scoop whey (I use choc. but I'm sure vanilla would be fine as well)
1 tbsp natty PB or almond butter
1 banana
1/4 cup oats
ice to preference

Can through some creatine in there as well

The House
08-28-12, 9:03 pm
nothing wrong with adding coffee. i also add instant coffee to my shakes, but yes i will use regular coffee also if thats what i got. i add it to my egg and oats in the morning its all good in my book. i started to add it because i love coffee and wanted to change the flavor of my oats when i was dieting and it just stuck with me. i drink one coffee in the morning and i was tired of drinking it black so i just started eating it. in the offseason i drink my coffee with fat free milk but on contest prep it straight so sometimes eating it just for a change of pace is why i did it..... but to each his own i think the more you contest diet everyone finds little ways to enjoy the foods as much as they can. i might go eat some now

Ox
08-29-12, 12:09 pm
^This

Coffee Shake (I use this Pre WO... when I'm not cutting)

1 cup coffee (I use dunkin Donuts)
1-2 scoop whey (I use choc. but I'm sure vanilla would be fine as well)
1 tbsp natty PB or almond butter
1 banana
1/4 cup oats
ice to preference

Can through some creatine in there as well

Damn that sounds good. PB, banana, chocolate and coffee are an awesome combination.

NJC_Manhattan
08-29-12, 1:38 pm
Damn that sounds good. PB, banana, chocolate and coffee are an awesome combination.

Yessir!