PDA

View Full Version : Creatine during a cut

pushin weight
11-05-10, 10:03 am
When dieting should creatine intake remain the same and does it affect the bodies ability to lose fat?I currently take 10 grams of creapure a day spaced in two doses pre and post wo.Im 6 ft 228lbs/33 yrs old,my training is heavy and intense if that makes any difference.Thanks in advance

C.Coronato
11-05-10, 10:21 am
I take creatine during my contest prep all the way until a week before the show. I dont see any problems with it.

pushin weight
11-05-10, 10:36 am
Thanks man.

PIJW
11-05-10, 10:39 am
I take creatine during my contest prep all the way until a week before the show. I dont see any problems with it.

I would agree, and if you are not dieting for a show, why remove it. Though 10g a day seems like a lot.

pushin weight
11-05-10, 10:46 am
ok next question....for my weight(228lb)and my intense routine does my creatine intake seem high at 10 grams a day and if so how much should i take?i was under the impression that this was a pretty normal intake
ps: the creapure label states that this is a normal maintence amount

PIJW
11-05-10, 10:48 am
I have always been told 5g was plenty. But i would like to see what some others weigh in on.

Beach91
11-05-10, 2:12 pm
5 g a day is plenty, no need to cycle it, i believe it can be taken year round, and wont affect you and your body's ability to lose weight while dieting

Universal Rep
11-05-10, 2:59 pm
When dieting should creatine intake remain the same and does it affect the bodies ability to lose fat?I currently take 10 grams of creapure a day spaced in two doses pre and post wo.Im 6 ft 228lbs/33 yrs old,my training is heavy and intense if that makes any difference.Thanks in advance

Ur not competing, right?

Yup, you can take creatine on a cut. I'd prolly cut back to 5g though.

Mr. Dead
11-05-10, 3:01 pm
Ur not competing, right?

Yup, you can take creatine on a cut. I'd prolly cut back to 5g though.

x2... I only cut it out, when I'm 2 weeks from stepping on the stage...

pushin weight
11-05-10, 3:16 pm
If 5 gr is plenty how is my body utilizing the other 5gr?is it just wasteful to consume more than 5 gr?
and no im not competing.

Beach91
11-05-10, 3:30 pm
If 5 gr is plenty how is my body utilizing the other 5gr?is it just wasteful to consume more than 5 gr?
and no im not competing.

I would not say the other 5 grams is wasteful, there are many studies out there, some recommend 5, some recommend 10 grams after training, some say 5 grams pre and post

Some studies say to cycle creatine intake 3months on, 1 month off, while others have stated no need for cycling

you have to determine what works best for yourself,

i believe if you choose to cycle it for a 3 or 4 time month frame then 10 grams a day is not wasteful.

if you take creatine year round though, i think 5 grams a day is all you really need, as once you have saturated your body over 3 or 4 months with creatine intake, the absorption rate would lessen and some of what you are taking in would be wasted

anyone else have insight on the topic, this is just what i have figured out over years of supplementing with creatine and reading different studies

PIJW
11-05-10, 3:33 pm
I would not say the other 5 grams is wasteful, there are many studies out there, some recommend 5, some recommend 10 grams after training, some say 5 grams pre and post

Some studies say to cycle creatine intake 3months on, 1 month off, while others have stated no need for cycling

you have to determine what works best for yourself,

i believe if you choose to cycle it for a 3 or 4 time month frame then 10 grams a day is not wasteful.

if you take creatine year round though, i think 5 grams a day is all you really need, as once you have saturated your body over 3 or 4 months with creatine intake, the absorption rate would lessen and some of what you are taking in would be wasted

anyone else have insight on the topic, this is just what i have figured out over years of supplementing with creatine and reading different studies

I thought the same thing, that once you body became saturated any more would be wasteful. I have always stuck to 3-5g a day. So on workout my shock therapy or pump has 3g grams each i believe and torrent has another 3g. On off days i just take 5g of creatine mono to keep my saturation levels up.

c-doll
11-05-10, 8:56 pm
You will probably be fine cutting back to 5 g per day as others have stated. Try the 5 g per day and if you aren't getting the results you like, switch things up. You should also consider that if you eat fish and lean cuts of beef on your cut you can obtain creatine from those sources as well, though the amount derived from that may not be as readily available during your workouts.

JasonG
11-05-10, 9:17 pm
I take 5 grams mono post workout. I don't count other sources like shock therapy so I probably take 10 grams a day. It matters how your body responds to it. Some say it makes them bloated so it makes sense to stop it before a show in that case. I haven't competed yet and haven't done a cut, but I'm going to keep it in for my cut and see what happens then adjust if need be when I cut the second time to compete.

felipelpr
11-06-10, 8:47 am
what's everybody thoughts about Kre-Alkalyn?
It seems to work best for me.

Personally, I prefere any kind of creatine than Mono.

JasonG
11-08-10, 2:16 pm

I just took that for a month. I noticed I was more sore than normal during it. I just bought another tub of monohydrate. I might try it again though.

PIJW
11-08-10, 2:28 pm

Plz do not mention other products by name, use the plain name

henrystyrish
11-25-10, 10:05 am
It is not necessary, but can help. Your body has an inner balance that can rotate on their behalf for a period of time, but over time the balance will eventually folded. Meaning taking creatine over a short period of time (4-8 weeks) may temporarily increase its reserves of creatine phosphate, but after some time the feedback mechanisms of your body will probably be held some control over time storage of creatine phosphate levels return to normal.