PDA

View Full Version : How many years of iron blood training

HDV
11-08-10, 11:04 am
Gents

Forgive me if this is in the wrong section but I am curious...

How many years have all of you been training for to get to the size you are today?

C.Coronato
11-08-10, 4:08 pm
My pops brought my brother and I when i was about 13 or 14. I didnt like it too much until i high HS/College. I left HS at around 140 or so. I went to college and hated it, so i turned to training. I ate my face off and trained 7 days a week. I left college about 185 or so. Now, at 24 im 215 lbs decently lean, and i compete in good contest shape at 176.

PIJW
11-08-10, 4:16 pm
My dad tried to get me going in high school, but of course i didnt have any interest. 5 years in the Marines and had even less interest. Was tired of running all the time and constantly working out. 2 years after being out i decided it was time to get back to something healthy since i had ballooned up to 250ish. I questioned my dad, old school amateur bodybuilder, and he going me going. Ever since then i have not looked back. I have since dropped 30 pounds, and holding it off steady. Working towards the last 15-20 with hopes of hitting the stage next year for the 1st time.

_achilles_
11-08-10, 7:01 pm
i started my freshman year at a measly120lbs its been five years and im at 160lbs lean still moving up now that i got my diet down

prowrestler
11-08-10, 11:13 pm
i started at 14 yrs old, 110lbs

at 18 i was 200lbs, 5 foot 8 and 16% bodyfat zone.

im turning 20 this week and im back down a 180 but leaner. didnt bulk for the past year and abit.

HDV
11-09-10, 10:59 am
I was on and off during high school and even after.I was extremely thin at 49kg 110lbs and with a year and a half of good hard training I'm at 65kg 145lbs at a height of 5,6' foot

I've been training now hard core for 2 years

charlievanriper
11-09-10, 1:19 pm
Why do you ask and what does it matter? For what its worth around here I have been lifting weights reading and studying how to get the most out of a training session and the body since 1974. I have been steady focused and driven with a single minded goal now for 7 straight years to get what I have built.

MR.TeachFreak
11-09-10, 2:13 pm
Been lifting for about 9 years but most of that was for sports so in the bodybuilding game maybe 3-4 years total.

GUNS
11-09-10, 6:13 pm
Started at 19 and I just turned 40. Had a back injusy that laid me off for about 6 years. Just started back a little over a year ago.

Tron
11-09-10, 7:58 pm
It's been 8 years for me. Some smart, some dumb. But that's what it's all about.

jeff00z28
11-10-10, 1:01 am
6. prolly coulda accomplished what i have in 4 or 5 if i set the ego aside and trained the way i do now from the start

BarbellManiac
11-10-10, 6:38 am
3 with full dedication but trial and error!

HDV
11-11-10, 2:03 am
Why do you ask and what does it matter? For what its worth around here I have been lifting weights reading and studying how to get the most out of a training session and the body since 1974. I have been steady focused and driven with a single minded goal now for 7 straight years to get what I have built.

I asked this question because it's an interest to me,most of you have been training longer than myself and some of you are huge men.everyone has different periods of time and according to dedication,sweat and blood in the gym,etc you all have achieved different goals and reached different states of body.

This also gives me insight on my own goals and time line.Many of us expect results too soon too fast hence trial and error with all that we learn and experience.I have gotten much bigger from my own dedication the past year and a half but have along way to go before I reach my goal.

What does it matter? To everyone it's different,For me it matters a great deal as this is my passion.

Brothers when reading back over what you have answered,gives each one his own insight when you think back of all the time past hard work