PDA

View Full Version : Drop Sets

Foyer
11-09-10, 11:22 am
Hey Fellas:

Is anyone big fans of drop sets? How do you incorporate them into each body part? I used to do them a lot and have gotten away from them.

C.Coronato
11-09-10, 4:35 pm
You can simply incorporate it into any movement. I usually do a drop set on my last set, if i am doing it for that movement. It would be a set of 6, then drop the weight to 1/2 the amount, go till failure, and i usually keep doing that until its just the bar or something like that.

SpankyC
11-09-10, 9:27 pm
Go to youtube and watch kai greene training videos, that monster does drop sets on just about every exercise!

c-doll
11-09-10, 9:33 pm
I use drop sets for about 4-8 weeks at the most, cycle off the drop sets, then add them back in the mix. They really help to push the muscle to failure. Like C. Coronato said, you can do them with just about any exercise, but there are times when I prefer using dropsets on certain exercises rather than others.

Survivor831
11-09-10, 9:42 pm
I have been doing drops for the last couple of weeks with great results. I won't do the all the time though. probably no more than three weeks or so and then a month or two off. I will do other types of training during those couple of months such as supersetting or giant setting, or rest pause. On my set of drops I will try to get at least six good reps before I start to drop than do maybe two drops trying to get anywhere from three to six reps each time.

pushin weight
11-10-10, 8:12 am
I like drop sets on just about all the big compound moves.It allows me the flexibility to really incorporate a full range of motion. Iuse them in about 90 percent of my training.

MrMonday
11-16-10, 12:19 am
I like drop sets on just about all the big compound moves.It allows me the flexibility to really incorporate a full range of motion. Iuse them in about 90 percent of my training.

I do the same. Typically I will work up to a heavy 4-8 rep set, and then drop down to a more moderate weight for 12-15 repetitions.

The only exercises I don't drop down with are the ones where I'm going light enough to make it a gut-busting set of 10-15 reps already (like side raises, incline curls, or T-bar rows).

PORTERHOUSE
11-16-10, 12:30 am
I use things like dropsets when Im shaking stuff up, but I definitely don't revolve my training around them.