PDA

View Full Version : Rediscovering the dark place.

jayme568
11-09-10, 7:17 pm
I've been out of the iron world for a while now, got married, became a father, bought a house, you know the sob story. I just got through week one of my rediscovery tour. Let myself blow up to 296, lost all my discipline, and focused my attention on random shiny objects and material items. It was never enough. The hole kept growing, consuming my attention, causing me to drift. I could feel the anger and hate brewing in my soul, the rage that I tapped into on a daily basis to throw myself through hours of training. I had forgotten how good the rage felt. I started thinking about it again, remembering days long past, missing the way it felt, the comfort it gave me, the raw emotion that induced pumps no nitric oxide supplement could match. I was something more. I will be something more.
So I won't fill you or myself with the bullshit of here my journy begins, here I turn over a new leaf. No, my journey started 12 years ago in an old school gym, with an old school trainer who gave me my sea legs in the iron world. I'm picking up where I left myself over five years ago. So come along for the ride, laugh, cry, do whatever it is you are going to do. Just know my only goal in documenting my thoughts, my workouts, my anger, is in hopes that somebody will read this, and perhaps it will inspire them the same way this site inspired me. Thanks for reading. Lift hard, lift heavy, lift often.