PDA

View Full Version : A Little stubborn belly fat

Hulk316
11-10-10, 11:17 am
I just got done doing a bulking cycle and i had huge gains. but i retained a little belly fat in the process. i do cardio 30 minutes a day and my diet is pretty clean. usually do my cardio after a lifting session. how can i lose it without losing muscle size or anything?

naturalguy
11-10-10, 12:23 pm
Just drop your calories a little by taking out 250-500 calories per day, you should lose it slowly which is what you want to do.

shizz702
11-10-10, 12:29 pm
Just drop your calories a little by taking out 250-500 calories per day, you should lose it slowly which is what you want to do.

do that, and keep the protein high and the weights heavy, and you should be fine.

Ricky P
11-10-10, 12:43 pm
I just got done doing a bulking cycle and i had huge gains. but i retained a little belly fat in the process. i do cardio 30 minutes a day and my diet is pretty clean. usually do my cardio after a lifting session. how can i lose it without losing muscle size or anything?

Any way you could do your cardio first thing in the morning? That would be the ideal time to burn the optimal amount of fat while your body is still in its fasting mode.

Hulk316
11-10-10, 1:21 pm
yeah its possible for me to squeeze in a cardio session before work. Think it would be good for me to do 2 30 minute cardio sessions plus my heavy lifting session? Also guys what would be a good cutting diet for me to follow

PORTERHOUSE
11-10-10, 1:56 pm
Any way you could do your cardio first thing in the morning? That would be the ideal time to burn the optimal amount of fat while your body is still in its fasting mode.

I agree here, fasted cardio in the a.m. is a good tactic to use. I've been gaining now for about 15 weeks with no cardio and I am up 30 lbs, but in two weeks I will be switching focus to a much slower growing rate, and you can be sure I will start up the a.m. cardio again, but probably only 1-2x/week at first, and I'll go from there.

_Trainlikeafreak
11-11-10, 12:26 am
morning stair master is a fun one

Hulk316
11-11-10, 12:51 am
What's you guys take on the best form of cardio? I usually do olyptical and treadmill.

PORTERHOUSE
11-11-10, 2:35 pm
What's you guys take on the best form of cardio? I usually do olyptical and treadmill.

I typically do elliptical, incline walking on the treadmill and sometimes stationary bike. I am more concerned about keeping my heart rate at a certain level then which form of cardio it is. As they say, cardio is cardio.

pup
11-11-10, 2:39 pm
what is the optimal heart rate to burn fat? Some have told me just to do moderate cardio, and others say to go quite fast

Oz_78
11-13-10, 11:46 pm
what is the optimal heart rate to burn fat? Some have told me just to do moderate cardio, and others say to go quite fast

70>80% of your max hr is where you'll want to be aiming for mate. (Max HR: 220 minus your age)