PDA

View Full Version : Interesting Article Relating to Cardio

_Trainlikeafreak
11-11-10, 8:05 pm
http://www.rxmuscle.com/articles/nutrition/2245-big-trucks-and-little-trucks-whats-the-best-kind-of-cardio.html

What is everyones opinion on this?

Altered Beast
11-11-10, 8:45 pm
I own that book and have read it more than once. From my last few months of training I can say 100% that Mr. Aceto is absolutely correct.

Personally, as an endo-mesomorphic bodybuilder the lower intensity does work. I just increase the resistance level as my knees get used to it. Example: I will keep a constant heart rate at level 8 for 3 minutes, than move to level 9 for three minutes (maintaining the heart rate), move to level 10 (same HR), than down to 9, down to 8 than back up to 9 and so on (this strategy is in his book).

Jay Cutler also follows this strategy but for 40 minutes a piece and does 20 minutes on the stair master, than 20 on the elliptical. Ronnie Coleman also follows a strategy similar to this.

If you want to know whats what, it's always good to see what the Champions are doing. Every body is different.

The RZA
11-12-10, 11:49 am
Some cardio machines will just tell you this. On the PRECOR elliptical, you can enter your bodyweight at the beginning of your cardio session. The machine will then tell you how many calories you're burning based on your bodyweight. If you enter a higher bodyweight, it assumes you are burning more calories.

Altered Beast
11-12-10, 8:38 pm
Some cardio machines will just tell you this. On the PRECOR elliptical, you can enter your bodyweight at the beginning of your cardio session. The machine will then tell you how many calories you're burning based on your bodyweight. If you enter a higher bodyweight, it assumes you are burning more calories.

Never trust any machine. Keep track of your heart rate and apply that to one of the formulas listed in the book to determine calories burned.