PDA

View Full Version : wheels of steel ??????????

R.G.
11-15-10, 11:10 pm
ive been doing this routine bt i want to know if hamstrings were to be done in the same workout or on a different day.

Fricano
11-16-10, 7:11 pm
Do them on the same day. No real point in splitting them up unless they are a weak point and you feel that you can not hit them as well after quads. To be honest though squats and leg press hit the hams pretty hard especially depending on your stance. I've also read that training antagonist muscle groups on the same day is some how better. I don't remember the exact article but I believe this is true. It has something to do with the blood flow. Thought I think it was if you alternated each muscle group from exercise to exercise. Besides all that I still think its better to hit them together.

stumblin54
11-18-10, 1:58 am
To be honest though squats and leg press hit the hams pretty hard especially depending on your stance.

Squats are a complete leg exercise, leg press is not though. If you're doing leg press right, you're doing it for quadriceps definition, mass, and maybe a little bit of strength, but that should mostly come from heavy squats. You can split up quads and hams or do them together, I like to alternate and keep my leg muscles guessing. Best not to let your body adjust to specific methods of training or else you will not make gains as quickly as you possibly could.

Stumblin

Fricano
11-18-10, 4:54 pm
Leg press does not just hit quads. Hamstrings play a role in any type of leg movement. Again stance has a lot to do with this. Placing the feet high up hit the hamstrings and glutes. Placing them lower hits more quad. Usually most people use a somewhere in between stance and thus hit both quads and hams. Exercises like hack squats remove the hamstrings and glutes much better and more quad is used.