PDA

View Full Version : 100lb Cut

Chosen One
11-16-10, 7:56 pm
100lb cut? Can it be done? Looking for a lifestlye change. Currently 318. 34% bodyfat. No idea on what to eat or when or how much. Help me out brothers.

C.Coronato
11-17-10, 10:11 am
It absolutely can be done. First you need to start with a solid diet and cardio regiment. What is that looking like?

Aggression
11-17-10, 10:58 am
Of course it can be done. A solid hundo is a lot of weight, so the biggest thing with you is going to be patience and consistency. The weight will come off, but not overnight, so stick with it and you'll be fine. As CC suggested, post up what you're eating right now and we'll made tweaks to it and get you headed in the right direction.

PORTERHOUSE
11-17-10, 11:20 am
If your 34% and looking to drop 100 lbs, look into a ketogenic diet man. Not palumbo or anything, straight up keto bro. It changes lives, and is especially beneficial for someone in your shoes because of the eating style.

kryptiq
11-17-10, 12:29 pm
If your 34% and looking to drop 100 lbs, look into a ketogenic diet man. Not palumbo or anything, straight up keto bro. It changes lives, and is especially beneficial for someone in your shoes because of the eating style.

I agree, though it'll be one hell of a change you will probably shed weight more noticeably and quickly, if you really want to shed that weight and can manage the rapid changes keto with daily LISS will put you in line real quick.

stumblin54
11-18-10, 1:52 am
Any experience with dieting or eating only certain foods during an extended period of time Chosen One? If no then keto is not for you, simply eating healthier along with weight training and cardio will certainly encourage weight loss.

Stumblin

PORTERHOUSE
11-18-10, 10:27 am
Any experience with dieting or eating only certain foods during an extended period of time Chosen One? If no then keto is not for you, simply eating healthier along with weight training and cardio will certainly encourage weight loss.

Stumblin

The reason I always suggest people with high bf% going on keto is because of the eating style. You dont get to 34% bf without having serious trouble controlling appetite, and keto allows you to eat an unrestricted amount of fat, and you can eat whenever your hungry, especially when your at a high bf% level. Plus, you cna have carb up periods and go nuts.

It takes some learning, sure, but I don't think that just because you have no prior experience is an excuse not to try, when do you ever get the first experience? People around here bitch and moan about keto and make it out to be much more difficult and strange than it actually is, and unfortunately it seems a lot of these people have decided keto doesn't work without ever having tried it, or did it wrong because they were afraid to follow the rules.

Is keto a guaranteed sucess? of course not, you do have to learn the process and stick with it. Is keto the only way? of course not, but for a lot of people, its easier to stick to a ketogenic diet because they dont find themselves eating salads with no dressing for dinner and going to sleep hungry ever night.

I don't use keto anymore because I am not heavy enough to warrant such a change in diet, but keto worked miracles for me. Honestly, there are a lot pf people out there who have failed time and time again because trying to eat super clean at a high body fat is like trying to quit heroin cold turkey. Keto is organized dirty eating, and it works.

As I said before, its not the only way, but definitely an OPTION that shouldn't be ruled out merely because you haven't done it before, its not as bad as it's made out to be, actually, I miss keto more than any other time during my weight lifting "career", that was a happy time for me.

freighttraindane
11-18-10, 11:11 am
The reason I always suggest people with high bf% going on keto is because of the eating style. You dont get to 34% bf without having serious trouble controlling appetite, and keto allows you to eat an unrestricted amount of fat, and you can eat whenever your hungry, especially when your at a high bf% level. Plus, you cna have carb up periods and go nuts.

It takes some learning, sure, but I don't think that just because you have no prior experience is an excuse not to try, when do you ever get the first experience? People around here bitch and moan about keto and make it out to be much more difficult and strange than it actually is, and unfortunately it seems a lot of these people have decided keto doesn't work without ever having tried it, or did it wrong because they were afraid to follow the rules.

Is keto a guaranteed sucess? of course not, you do have to learn the process and stick with it. Is keto the only way? of course not, but for a lot of people, its easier to stick to a ketogenic diet because they dont find themselves eating salads with no dressing for dinner and going to sleep hungry ever night.

I don't use keto anymore because I am not heavy enough to warrant such a change in diet, but keto worked miracles for me. Honestly, there are a lot pf people out there who have failed time and time again because trying to eat super clean at a high body fat is like trying to quit heroin cold turkey. Keto is organized dirty eating, and it works.

As I said before, its not the only way, but definitely an OPTION that shouldn't be ruled out merely because you haven't done it before, its not as bad as it's made out to be, actually, I miss keto more than any other time during my weight lifting "career", that was a happy time for me.

Great stuff Porterhouse, I have always thought about Keto, but haven't tried it yet.

kayv
11-18-10, 11:19 am
hm... it will be so hard :D but notthing is unimpossible w the human ^^ Try your over man !

adidas
11-18-10, 2:30 pm

Stumblin
I'm gonna have to agree with Stumblin here...

My suggestion would be this gradually work your way into a ketodiet...do not jump straight into it...

take 4-8 weeks to really work down to the strict Keto diet...cause if you loose weight to fast your going to end up with A LOT of excess saggy skin just hanging around.

PORTERHOUSE
11-18-10, 5:42 pm
I'm gonna have to agree with Stumblin here...

My suggestion would be this gradually work your way into a ketodiet...do not jump straight into it...

take 4-8 weeks to really work down to the strict Keto diet...cause if you loose weight to fast your going to end up with A LOT of excess saggy skin just hanging around.

I agree as well, there is no need to start keto up tomorrow, you need to spend some time researching it anyways, and deciding if thats even the direction you want to go. First thing is first, obviously clean up the diet and see how things work out.

I dont think a 2 month transition into keto is really necessary either, though. When I did keto I never did a systematic carb depletion into keto, I just set a date and started, and I was fine. There's a million ways to do any of these things... I think realizing that is probably the most important key to success.

adidas
11-18-10, 7:03 pm
I agree as well, there is no need to start keto up tomorrow, you need to spend some time researching it anyways, and deciding if thats even the direction you want to go. First thing is first, obviously clean up the diet and see how things work out.

I dont think a 2 month transition into keto is really necessary either, though. When I did keto I never did a systematic carb depletion into keto, I just set a date and started, and I was fine. There's a million ways to do any of these things... I think realizing that is probably the most important key to success.
I only mention 2 months to work down to KETO due to the extrodinate amount of weight he wants to loose. On a lower caloried keto diet he would, IMO, run the risk of loosing to much weight to fast, leading to excessively loose and saggy skin...He has a 100 lbs to loose. That's my concern.

PORTERHOUSE
11-18-10, 10:18 pm
I only mention 2 months to work down to KETO due to the extrodinate amount of weight he wants to loose. On a lower caloried keto diet he would, IMO, run the risk of loosing to much weight to fast, leading to excessively loose and saggy skin...He has a 100 lbs to loose. That's my concern.

Oh ok I got ya. Honestly I don't know anything about sagging skin, I wasn't even aware you could prevent it.

adidas
11-19-10, 7:42 am
Oh ok I got ya. Honestly I don't know anything about sagging skin, I wasn't even aware you could prevent it.
I don't know 100% if it can be "prevented" either...but I do believe (again IMO) a slowered weight-loss approach would help reduce the effect of saggy skin (or at least excessively saggy).

Skin is elastic and easily stretches outward (hences stretch marks)...but coming back in is going to be another matter...

quinto
11-21-10, 11:41 am
you cant really prevent loose skin. all you can do is keto diet it up and hope it disappears. i still have some, but then again i do also have some fat behind it. skin is very elastic. i would be less worried about loose skin than the health benefits that come with dropping a good 100lbs. keto will help you tremendously. lots of fiber, and water will help as well. stay away from high frutose corn syrup, as it alters your leptin and you will eat more food than if you ate food with actual sugar in it.

i went cold turkey into a keto diet. then again i cook all my meals anyway, so it wasnt that big of a deal. it took a good while to get into that mentaility as well. slowly workied myself into it, and now its normal, and quite frankly i love it. it does seem like you eat a whole lot more than if you were regularly dieting/eating regularly. dropped a good 10lbs in 2 weeks. its not easy at first, but you get used to it and when your not on your keto regime, you feel like crap. the first 3-4 days are hard, as your body is switching over its energy source. but after that, you have more energy than you could imagine.

kevin.eleven88
11-23-10, 11:18 am
I dont think a 2 month transition into keto is really necessary either, though. When I did keto I never did a systematic carb depletion into keto, I just set a date and started, and I was fine. There's a million ways to do any of these things. I think realizing that is probably the most important key to success.

quinto
11-23-10, 5:03 pm
I dont think a 2 month transition into keto is really necessary either, though. When I did keto I never did a systematic carb depletion into keto, I just set a date and started, and I was fine. There's a million ways to do any of these things. I think realizing that is probably the most important key to success.

most slowly transition into it, so you dont go into it, and 3 days later your back off the diet. its not an easy measure, as 99.9% of your life your told that you need carbs for energy. i would argue that its not necessary as well, but then again its mind over matter. are you ready to eat 5-6 meals made by you everyday so that you dont cheat? ready to search the internet on what foods you can eat, which ones you cant, calculating fiber intake to eliminate the carbs you took in, etc? ready to say goodbye to oats, most fruits, most vegetables? no more soda, lemonade, kool aid, ketchup bbq sauce?

the first 3-4 days are hell though. your body will feel as if your starving(from easy energy, not hunger), even thought your actually eating more than you would if you were 'normal dieting.' you will feel tired, loose your pump, and you wont be able to lift as much as you would normally until you reach ketosis. only then will you find out who your made of truely.

PORTERHOUSE
11-23-10, 5:21 pm
most slowly transition into it, so you dont go into it, and 3 days later your back off the diet. its not an easy measure, as 99.9% of your life your told that you need carbs for energy. i would argue that its not necessary as well, but then again its mind over matter. are you ready to eat 5-6 meals made by you everyday so that you dont cheat? ready to search the internet on what foods you can eat, which ones you cant, calculating fiber intake to eliminate the carbs you took in, etc? ready to say goodbye to oats, most fruits, most vegetables? no more soda, lemonade, kool aid, ketchup bbq sauce?

the first 3-4 days are hell though. your body will feel as if your starving(from easy energy, not hunger), even thought your actually eating more than you would if you were 'normal dieting.' you will feel tired, loose your pump, and you wont be able to lift as much as you would normally until you reach ketosis. only then will you find out who your made of truely.

Its actually science, not an argument, that you don't need carbs for energy. Humans haven't been eating carbs for that long, thats why ketosis is possible. People taht think you can't bodybuild without carbs are probably the same fools that think there's only one way to do all this shit to begin with.

And I dont know what you're talking about as far as calculating fiber intake to eliminate carbs... Just supplement with something like psyllium husks powder, you dont need to calculate that shit. Keep eating vegetables as well, fruit isn't so good though, but there's always cheat days, thats why CKD is probably the best diet known to man, as far as Im concerned. And shit, I cook 6 meals a day bulk or cut, keto or not. People way over think it, thats why it gets such a bad rep around here.

The first 3-4 days do suck though, but they're worth it.
You've definitely got to say goodbye to somethings on keto, but if you've got 100 lbs to drop, you're going to be saying goodbye to a lot of shit anyways, regardless which method you use.