PDA

View Full Version : Question on shoulder/arm definition

sin-city-customs
11-20-10, 7:43 pm
Besides tightening up my diet, what exercises are good for more definition for the "ball" of your shoulder ? I want to see more seperation or definition between shoulder and arm/bicep. I train regularly but dont know what exercises really target this area. Not really sure how to explain it any better.
Thanks,
Dave

Jon
11-20-10, 8:11 pm
Spot reducing is impossible.. keep lowering your bodyfat and you will see more definition in that area eventually

SOLDIER X
11-20-10, 9:43 pm
What Jon said.

sin-city-customs
11-20-10, 10:17 pm
There still has to be some good exercises for just the ball of your shoulder. Isnt there ? Not the traps or delts, just the outer area.

Thanks

blaine
11-21-10, 12:07 am
doing dumbbell side raises giving it all u got after every set in your shoulder session

Mauricio
11-21-10, 8:52 am
"just" the ball area? thought a ball was round :) which means work all three heads. want definition between chest and shoulders? work the front head, medial head goes down to almost half your bicep length, rear head covers all the back of your shoulder. you won't see any definiton unless you're moving big weights with all of them (no, doing 20+ side raises won't give you definition). heavy presses work the front and rear heads, lateral raises work the medial and reverse flys/bent over raises work the rear head. which one is the most underworked head? the medial because most pressing and pulling movements use frontal and rear heads way more than the former.