PDA

View Full Version : 5/3/1 Meal plan

mk53220
11-21-10, 5:06 am
Hey fellas I just started 5/3/1 program and was wondering if you can post me some articles (or your menus) on how to get some clean calories to go with this program to gain strength. I was just looking at "The Power Diet" article and thinking about breaking it down for my weight. Im sitting at 200lbs right now looking to gain lean muscle strength. I never really done powerlifting before but looking to add strength this winter! thanks a ton

C.Coronato
11-30-10, 1:22 pm
Hey fellas I just started 5/3/1 program and was wondering if you can post me some articles (or your menus) on how to get some clean calories to go with this program to gain strength. I was just looking at "The Power Diet" article and thinking about breaking it down for my weight. Im sitting at 200lbs right now looking to gain lean muscle strength. I never really done powerlifting before but looking to add strength this winter! thanks a ton

You can basically do most clean bulking diets, just like a bodybuilder, there is no need to get sloppy fat while doing a power lifting routine.

How are you eating now?

T. Kemble
12-01-10, 11:30 am
C.Coronato hits it on the head! Also read what Wendler writes in the Q&A section of the 5/3/1 E-Book, that should give you some ideas.

Best of luck

Aggression
12-01-10, 11:46 am
Do what works for you, brother. I've been running the 5/3/1, heading into my 3rd wave this week. I've been following a carb-cycling/carb-backloading diet for a few months because that's what works for ME. Everyone has their own recipe for success. You just gotta find yours.

mk53220
12-06-10, 3:36 am
I'm doing high amounts of carbohydrates on lift days and low carbohydrate on non lift days.

mk53220
12-06-10, 4:08 am
Was thinking of doing the hrt template would that be recommended. Trying to get to a lean 225. Sitting at am ok 197.

Aggression
12-06-10, 8:21 am
Was thinking of doing the hrt template would that be recommended. Trying to get to a lean 225. Sitting at am ok 197.

Give it a shot. Like we've said, any diet can be successful. It all depends on the person's body and the way it reacts to certain types of foods. I do a diet that relies on pro/fats b/c carbs make me swell up too much, in a bad way. So I do what I need to do to progress.

mk53220
12-06-10, 9:39 am
Alright Im gonna give it a go with 1 or 2 cheat meals a week for 8 weeks during the 5/3/1. I of course will be starting a journal in the journey forum with my daily feedings!. Thanks for all the help and hope you guys follow.