PDA

View Full Version : training legs

blaine
11-21-10, 6:04 pm
my split is legs, chest, rest, back, shoulders, arms, rest
im hitting my legs hard but i feel like they are lagging behind. i hate seeing my upper body get larger and my legs slowly tag along.
anything wrong with buckling down hitting up an extra leg day.
does anyone train legs twice per week?

BryanSmash!
11-21-10, 7:28 pm
my split is legs, chest, rest, back, shoulders, arms, rest
im hitting my legs hard but i feel like they are lagging behind. i hate seeing my upper body get larger and my legs slowly tag along.
anything wrong with buckling down hitting up an extra leg day.
does anyone train legs twice per week?

What exercises are you doing?

andrewz23
11-21-10, 7:29 pm
ive trained legs twice a week for a while last year. i felt that they got bigger, if not just alot stronger. I always just try stuff and see how it will do, better try than to depend on something that clearly isnt workin, when i did it i would train them on like a wensday and then again on a saturday. i know a guy at my gym who splits his legs, one day doin hams, and then later in the week hittin his quads. I was readin on here earlier that if it seems your legs kinda platue to maybe mix up the core lift your doin. Doin front squats instead of back suats for a few weeks, but hope this helps man

blaine
11-21-10, 8:08 pm
doing squats, press, curls and extensions

thanks, im gonna try twice a week doing back squats one day and front the other

Jon
11-21-10, 8:35 pm
I train lagging body parts twice a week... works well... your body will tell you if you are overdoing your legs

Vaze_06
11-21-10, 8:39 pm
What exercises are you doing?

^^^ what no longer injured dude said... sometimes ppl tend to over train quad and almost completely forget abou hamstring. which are pretty damn important imo
may not be your case but lets see whats your usual work out

BryanSmash!
11-21-10, 9:17 pm
^^^ what no longer injured dude said... sometimes ppl tend to over train quad and almost completely forget abou hamstring. which are pretty damn important imo
may not be your case but lets see whats your usual work out

^ What the chica who deloads in heels said.

blaine
11-21-10, 9:25 pm
this was my leg workout today

3 warmup squat sets 135x12
squat 225x5 315x5 315x5 275x8 225x12 135x20
box squat 225x10 225x10
leg press x20 x15 x12
calf extention toes pointed inwards 20 15 12, outwards 20 15 12
lying leg curls 20 15 12
leg extensions 20 15 12

i do deads on back days and stiff leg deads on back day

Vaze_06
11-21-10, 10:25 pm
^ What the chica who deloads in heels said.

jealous?! =p

this was my leg workout today

3 warmup squat sets 135x12
squat 225x5 315x5 315x5 275x8 225x12 135x20
box squat 225x10 225x10
leg press x20 x15 x12
calf extention toes pointed inwards 20 15 12, outwards 20 15 12
lying leg curls 20 15 12
leg extensions 20 15 12

i do deads on back days and stiff leg deads on back day

i would keep the warm up but chose between squat and box squat (two main compound so killer... i would pick box cauz it kills your ham\quad but also nicely hits add\abd) front squat can be good too
calf at the end, if i was u i would add lunges, SLDL on legs and instead do good morning, hyper on back.
oh and dont underestimate abd/add machine.. they are chicky machine but they will help u with your squats.

last point. i dont know if u are into PL or BB but u might wanna give a look at 5\3\1 or 5x5. stronger and bigger

my 6 cents, hope it helps

blaine
11-21-10, 11:33 pm
buiding muscle is my goal
i'll add stiff leg dl's, alternate between back/front/box squats, do some lunges and add the abd/add machine meanwhile keeping calves at the bottom of the session. i am still going to try and train them twice

TheWolf
11-21-10, 11:49 pm
I hit legs twice a week and 3 times in like a 10-12 day span. Day 1 I do just Quads a few days later I do just Hamstrings on like Day 4, since my hamstrings tend to recover rather quickly. On Day 8,9 or 10, I will do a both hamstrings and quads workout together, then repeat. But nothing is set in stone and I go by feeling. Because sometimes my quads are sore anywhere from 4-7 days.

SleeezyPMartini
11-22-10, 10:58 am
I dedicate one day a week to murder my legs, hitting a different part of my leg each set, and hitting it atleast twice with two different lifts. Start off with Squats, then Individual Leg Extensions, Standing Hamstring Curls, and Individual Calf Raises on the smith machine. Then move to Front Squats with my heels raised 2", Leg Presses with my feet on the bottom edge of the press, Dead Lifts, and then Calf Presses on the leg press machine. I end it with sets of Lunges pretty much until failure. As far as sets & reps, my heavy week is 10, 8, 6, 4, and a version of drop sets I do is 12, 12, 10, 10, 10. Thinkin about doin that 5, 3, 1 though, sounds pretty good.

zubda345
11-23-10, 1:55 pm
Some Advise n Motivation....

Man, What ever U do just believe in ur self. Try everything But everything the Right way, Do those which work 4 U. Today was my legs, I saw many things that r to b mentioned. But the bottom line::: U don't find easy ways to lift big n show off but walk on the right LONG path N U won't need to show anything..... If U want some Newbies n some Parrots to follow u all the way then U can Load the rod with a 100 kg n do squat like a fucked ass bitch who ain't even goin half way down n is thinking that he is the best there is...

I was doin squats that was my last for the Quads I was only gonna do 3 sets 1st one was for 50kg the 2nd one was 60kg the 3rd was 68kg, Now when I wanted to leave I just remembered the topic written by machine named QUADS. I had earlier made the promise he asked to made with myself, But was leavin. There was a fight in me mind, My legs were killing me They were trembling, I was motivated.... I came back, I hit another 2 sets for 68kgs The weight is not enough But I went down as much as I could and by God I couldn't get up on the last reps..... But I still did those. N I even hear some parrots sometime sayin "HAHAHA Look at this fool, what does he want to bring out of his legs!!" I do nothing, I just walk away sayin in my mind that I'll show U, Call me what ever U want to, say whatever U can. I'll show U some day N U'll see then.....

The rason to tell all this is that U should keep ur self to ur self n always be motivated always do the best U can... Be selfish, I m selfish n I am good with that... Don't say anythin to other cause their quietness means alot....

If U r a Motivated person U'll get all what I am tryin to say...

BarbellManiac
11-23-10, 4:49 pm
Increase the volume, train beyond failure, limp post leg workout and feel like puking. That's how you know you had a great leg workout. Once a week is enough for most people if they hit them hard, and I mean hard.

blaine
11-23-10, 4:57 pm
roger that

a little while back i was lifting heavy squats but they were less than parrallel. i learned this from watching dudes at the gym i was going to.

anything less than a parrallel squat is useless. i had to buckle down leaving the ego at home lifting a lot lighter to work with deep squats. it was in the right move and i am in the right direction i just see my legs not growing as much as my upper body.

zHazzarD
11-23-10, 8:08 pm
make sure you're doing front squats, and I have been leg extensions with 100 and progressively moving higher in weight for 3 more sets of like 14 reps, then lowering to the weight below 100 doing 3 sets of lower weight for 14 reps in the beginning of my leg day. Gets my legs real pumped to start my workout.

jeff00z28
11-24-10, 4:11 pm
i squat twice a week. once a week and i get little to no results. i don't move up weight and when i don't move up weight i usually don't get results. basically legs twice a week is double the results. fuck once a week

blaine
11-24-10, 10:23 pm
gonna roll with this session

stiff legged deadlifts
lying hamstring curls
seated hamstring curls
switching up between front squats, back squats and box squats
leg extensions
legs press
lunges
calf work

hitting high rep to start off then hammering with 3 sets 6-10 reps