PDA

View Full Version : Are you insane?

m.u.l.e.
11-22-10, 6:42 pm
I get asked this question about everyone of my workouts. Example would be tonight's w/o was 150 yard laps w weight. I started w 40lb dumbbells and really focused on the position of my spine and my footwork walking for the entire lap. I followed that immediately w an olympic bar totalling 185lbs which I deadlift carried for 60 yards immediately followed by an olympic bar loaded to 135lbs which shouldered and ran with for the entire 150yards. People ask me what war am I training for, am I psychotic, am I crazy and I tell them all that I'm a functioning psychotic who trains to make war w anything that wishes me harm including myself. Writing these numbers some may scoff but considering I have spinal deterioration and I still go animal is a feat in and of its self to which I attribute my prayers to God for. Do what YOU do brothers and do it w everything that you have caz one day it's all going to be dust...

blaine
11-22-10, 7:11 pm
sounds like you should be flipping the biggest tires around and carrying the biggest bolders you can find around that track. nice.

toothpicklegs
11-23-10, 4:55 pm
When people call my training insane/sick/beastlike etc ...I smile and say thank you. Wether they are aware of it or not it's compliments.

Same thing as when i got accused of doing steroids=compliment
Same thing as when my mother says I'm getting too big=compliment.

I'd take it as nothing but an encouragement to keep on going bro. (and I'm assuming you knowingly or subconciously already do)

Carrnage
11-24-10, 1:49 pm
I get asked this question about everyone of my workouts. Example would be tonight's w/o was 150 yard laps w weight. I started w 40lb dumbbells and really focused on the position of my spine and my footwork walking for the entire lap. I followed that immediately w an olympic bar totalling 185lbs which I deadlift carried for 60 yards immediately followed by an olympic bar loaded to 135lbs which shouldered and ran with for the entire 150yards. People ask me what war am I training for, am I psychotic, am I crazy and I tell them all that I'm a functioning psychotic who trains to make war w anything that wishes me harm including myself. Writing these numbers some may scoff but considering I have spinal deterioration and I still go animal is a feat in and of its self to which I attribute my prayers to God for. Do what YOU do brothers and do it w everything that you have caz one day it's all going to be dust...

wait your doing laps with weights on? are you training for a strongman comp?

jeff00z28
11-24-10, 4:04 pm
I'm sure you all train very hard, but i honestly don't see why people on here think training is so hardcore. Most sports in general at a competitive level are meant to push mental and physical limits...but for some reason we get associated with the skull and crossbone hardcore stuff. Just a thought

Machine
11-25-10, 4:10 pm
I'm sure you all train very hard, but i honestly don't see why people on here think training is so hardcore. Most sports in general at a competitive level are meant to push mental and physical limits...but for some reason we get associated with the skull and crossbone hardcore stuff. Just a thought

Totally agree with this sentiment and thank you.

MACHINE

m.u.l.e.
11-26-10, 10:20 am

It's not that I think that I'm training HARDCORE, it's quite the opposite. I never feel that I'm training enough and that people look at what I do and marvel is ludacris to me. I just wnated to post a sample workout and see what others felt about how people look at us. I'm not a pro or an athlete of any kind; now those guys deserve to marveled over!

m.u.l.e.
11-26-10, 10:24 am
wait your doing laps with weights on? are you training for a strongman comp?

Not technically training for strongman though at one time I thought about doing some ameture opens. No, now I have simply given myself over completely to doing any kind of training that tickles my facy for that particular day with nothing more in my than I have to cove certain muscle groups that day.

Stovall
11-27-10, 4:33 pm
Doing 150 yard laps with weight? Are you crazy? Hahaha hell I just hope I can make one 150 yard lap without passing out! If it works for you then don't worry about what they think. They are just scared to try something new. Strongmen do alot of things that people say are crazy but they keep doing it because it works for them. Keep going bro.