PDA

View Full Version : My Training Session (since I cant seem to access my journey)

Machine
11-25-10, 3:58 pm
Felt like posting my session today but I do feel like the training weight is incidental in the scheme of things...I will post anyway cause I know some folks like to see it:

Power Good Mornings: Bar for 15 / 95 for 12 / 135 for 10 / 185 for 10 / 225 for 8 / *315 for 5 / *315 for 5 / *315 for 5

Front Squats: 135 for 5 / 225 for 5 / *315 for 5 / *315 for 5 / *315 for 5

Overhead Squats: *185 for 5 / *185 for 5 / *185 for 5

Barbell Back Squats: 225 for 5 / *315 for 8 / *405 for 8 / *405 for 8

Barbell Overhead Lunges: *135 for 10 steps per / *135 for 10 steps per leg / *135 for ten steps per leg

Stiff Legged Deads: 225 for 10 / *315 for 12 / *315 for 12 / *315 for 12

Ham tractor: *2 all out sets with 150 lbs

Leg Extensions: *2 sets all out with 150 lbs

Nice training session and was worth the toilet full of puke I deposited in the bathroom. All sets were completed with just the amount of rest time it took to load and unload weight for upcoming sets.

MACHINE

_Trainlikeafreak
11-26-10, 10:23 pm
Felt like posting my session today but I do feel like the training weight is incidental in the scheme of things...I will post anyway cause I know some folks like to see it:

Power Good Mornings: Bar for 15 / 95 for 12 / 135 for 10 / 185 for 10 / 225 for 8 / *315 for 5 / *315 for 5 / *315 for 5

Barbell Overhead Lunges: *135 for 10 steps per / *135 for 10 steps per leg / *135 for ten steps per leg

Nice training session and was worth the toilet full of puke I deposited in the bathroom. All sets were completed with just the amount of rest time it took to load and unload weight for upcoming sets.

MACHINE

Dam Machine... It was funny I was going to reply asking if you puked after this hell of a workout and I scroll down and see "toilet full of puke I deposited". Good stuff man, good to see a leg workout like this on the top of the training charts.

Carrnage
11-27-10, 3:04 pm
Now thats a big boy workout right there!

BarbellManiac
11-28-10, 9:17 am
Machine, I have a question, I've seen how on every exercise you gradually increase the weight from the 1st set to the last for that exercise. I've also seen Frank Mcgrath do that in his DVDs. What is the reason behind this? I never do this, I basically take a heavy weight and go till failure then repeat for the next 3-4 sets or so and move on to the next exercise.

mritter3
11-28-10, 9:37 am
Now that's a fucking leg session...even finished it some puke...good Shit right there.

suicidegripme
11-28-10, 11:01 am
Pfft, puking after a weak workout like that, what a wimp...**runs to bathroom puking just thinking about completing that routine with a 1/3 of the weight you used**

Awesome work bro, definitly an inspiration. And to think some people are scared of squatting 1 plate on each side.

Machine
11-28-10, 5:00 pm
Machine, I have a question, I've seen how on every exercise you gradually increase the weight from the 1st set to the last for that exercise. I've also seen Frank Mcgrath do that in his DVDs. What is the reason behind this? I never do this, I basically take a heavy weight and go till failure then repeat for the next 3-4 sets or so and move on to the next exercise.

As a rule I like to use a "feel set" or 2 in there to establish biomechanical pathway and reaffirn technique; but there are times when I will take higher jumps and lower jumps depending upon how I feel. My training is part instinctual and that can account for a vairied range in tactics and methodology.

Thanks

MACHINE

Machine
11-28-10, 5:03 pm
Dam Machine... It was funny I was going to reply asking if you puked after this hell of a workout and I scroll down and see "toilet full of puke I deposited". Good stuff man, good to see a leg workout like this on the top of the training charts.

I generate so much force in my gut just from the applied torque that I often puke during or after training legs...but most of the time it is during. People forget that torque is a very important factor in training.

MACHINE

fawaz
11-28-10, 5:12 pm
I generate so much force in my gut just from the applied torque that I often puke during or after training legs...but most of the time it is during. People forget that torque is a very important factor in training.

MACHINE

hey machine,i completed your leg training on wednesday and trained with all my strength every rep with full fury and intensity like never before.to failiure on all the sqaut sets and drove the weight up that my head hurt after.
now tell me this.my leg sessions are brutal.how comes i have never puked during or after my leg training and why do so many people say that about leg training it will make you puke.i have never felt the need to vomit during or after my intense all out war training session.
machine.thanks anyway for the leg challenge it was great my legs have been sore for more than 5 days so far.

fawaz
11-28-10, 5:15 pm

MACHINE

this is a very productive and hardcore routine.i like the way you do both overhead sqauts and front sqauts i see why you puke after this training session.

BarbellManiac
11-28-10, 5:40 pm
As a rule I like to use a "feel set" or 2 in there to establish biomechanical pathway and reaffirn technique; but there are times when I will take higher jumps and lower jumps depending upon how I feel. My training is part instinctual and that can account for a vairied range in tactics and methodology.

Thanks

MACHINE

So would you recommend instinctive training over the training log method? Sorry if the back and forth questioning is annoying, taking advice from an experienced guy like you is very rare chance.

Machine
11-28-10, 7:08 pm
hey machine,i completed your leg training on wednesday and trained with all my strength every rep with full fury and intensity like never before.to failiure on all the sqaut sets and drove the weight up that my head hurt after.
now tell me this.my leg sessions are brutal.how comes i have never puked during or after my leg training and why do so many people say that about leg training it will make you puke.i have never felt the need to vomit during or after my intense all out war training session.
machine.thanks anyway for the leg challenge it was great my legs have been sore for more than 5 days so far.

It isnt uncommon for people to endure intense leg training and not puke...I just know my rep style potentiates my puking in that I am a very explosive lifter...could just be me though.

MACHINE

Machine
11-28-10, 7:13 pm
So would you recommend instinctive training over the training log method? Sorry if the back and forth questioning is annoying, taking advice from an experienced guy like you is very rare chance.

Not annoying at all I love this place; the Training Log is vital as an overarching principle, but if your training plan calls for you to hit a certain milestone but your instincts tell you to deviate for whatever reason...you should deviate and then document all of the data for review later. Instinct can be the athlete's best friend in that it will allow you to enjoy great longevity; you must know the difference between your body's response to a physiological event...and that feeling you get when you dont feel like adding more weight and doing another set.

Good luck

MACHINE

BarbellManiac
11-28-10, 9:48 pm
Those are really true and smart words, I copied em in my journey book to remind me when my ego wants to take over. Thanks Machine!

jeff00z28
11-29-10, 1:39 am
looks fun...lol

fawaz
11-30-10, 4:22 pm
It isnt uncommon for people to endure intense leg training and not puke...I just know my rep style potentiates my puking in that I am a very explosive lifter...could just be me though.

MACHINE

yes i understand.
you still play that song 'pro-pain left for dead' at 3:30 am?

Machine
11-30-10, 8:48 pm
yes i understand.
you still play that song 'pro-pain left for dead' at 3:30 am?

Yes I do...but sometimes I alternate it with another song of theirs called Life's Hard...

Good luck

MACHINE

fawaz
12-01-10, 1:03 pm
Yes I do...but sometimes I alternate it with another song of theirs called Life's Hard...

Good luck

MACHINE

yeah i heard it awesome tune good to play it on your leg day since in the lyrics he says It's safe to call this an all out war.....