PDA

View Full Version : 5 Day Split - Chest twice a week

mm_tris
11-26-10, 10:42 am
Wanting to give my lagging chest a kick-along so thinking of changing things up a bit the next 6-10 weeks.

Just after thoughts on the split and any experience with a heavy/light chest training approach. Racking my brains for the best way to set this up... would be simpler to throw delts onto one of the chest days but I feel they are important enough for a separate day- although any alternative suggestions would be great.

1) Delts / Traps
2) Legs
3) Chest (heavy) / Triceps
4) Off
5) Back / Biceps
6) Chest (light)
7) Off

Cheers in advance.

BryanSmash!
11-26-10, 11:11 am
Looks well thought out, the only concern I have is that your shoulders may be overworked so you may have to cut back some volume on delts day. Otherwise, have at it!

Machine
11-26-10, 12:38 pm
I hate to play devil's advocate here but more is not alwaya better...and this is coming from a man who doesnt shy away from workload at all. I just worry that the volume tactic, while a good thought, might not be the answer you are looking for.

MACHINE

Topher
11-26-10, 3:17 pm
I have/am tried something to that effect and my shoulders absolutly BEAT. But might work for you as something to try for a couple weeks to mix things up a bit.

Carrnage
11-26-10, 8:12 pm
Wanting to give my lagging chest a kick-along so thinking of changing things up a bit the next 6-10 weeks.

Just after thoughts on the split and any experience with a heavy/light chest training approach. Racking my brains for the best way to set this up... would be simpler to throw delts onto one of the chest days but I feel they are important enough for a separate day- although any alternative suggestions would be great.

1) Delts / Traps
2) Legs
3) Chest (heavy) / Triceps
4) Off
5) Back / Biceps
6) Chest (light)
7) Off

Cheers in advance.

You dont have to follow the 7 day calender, you can do something like this to bring up your chest

Day 1 chest
Day 2 back
Day 3 arms
Day 4 legs
Day 5 rest
Day 6 repeat cycle!

Survivor831
11-27-10, 10:40 pm
You dont have to follow the 7 day calender, you can do something like this to bring up your chest

Day 1 chest
Day 2 back
Day 3 arms
Day 4 legs
Day 5 rest
Day 6 repeat cycle!

Agreed.

MELTDOWN
11-27-10, 11:02 pm
http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?33128

PORTERHOUSE
11-29-10, 7:12 pm
If your chest is lagging, work on adding 100 lbs to your bench. Training it more and more will could actually make the problem worse.