PDA

View Full Version : just bought an econo prowler

jeff00z28
11-30-10, 12:52 am
wondering how many 45 plates i should buy to start out. I squat 500 and do pretty much no cardio. I can get thru a challenging set of 10 pretty easily so im not in that terrible of shape. plates are easy to find on craigslist so im not worried about finding them. thanks

richvanv
11-30-10, 9:38 pm
I would suggest starting out slow with it. With mine we started with one 45 lbs plate on each side and built up from there. Do you know how you are going to train with it? That would have some impact as well, we were pushing on concrete twice a week and going about 80 meters or so. I would imagine if you are going shorter bursts 10-15 meters start with two plates.

IRBS
12-01-10, 11:32 am
Depends on how you set it up. We had one made locally and it is a beast, an absolute beast. I've worked up to 4 plates per side, but it was very tough.

Like Wendler says, just push it.

jeff00z28
12-02-10, 12:50 am
planning to use it on asphalt. i live in a condo so i only have a side yard and front yard, the back yard is basically a parking lot. I just bought a pair of 25 and 35 plates from a guy on craigslist for 25 cents per pound. But i will have a lot more plates soon as i am turning my garage into a hardcore gym. using it to get in better shape and build more functional leg strenght prolly twice per week. in the gym i use all 3 or less reps on my compounds so although my bodyfat is relativelyt low im not in good shape.

jeff00z28
12-02-10, 12:54 am
also wondering how loud it would be on black top asphalt. if its extremely loud i may just load it in my truck and go nearby to a church parkinglot. can't wait till this thing gets delivered

IRBS
12-02-10, 8:34 am
also wondering how loud it would be on black top asphalt. if its extremely loud i may just load it in my truck and go nearby to a church parkinglot. can't wait till this thing gets delivered
its not quiet, but not terribly loud

ghost
12-02-10, 8:48 am
wondering how many 45 plates i should buy to start out. I squat 500 and do pretty much no cardio. I can get thru a challenging set of 10 pretty easily so im not in that terrible of shape. plates are easy to find on craigslist so im not worried about finding them. thanks

pics?

T o m m Y
12-02-10, 8:54 am
The prowler flu is in the air..

http://www.elitefts.com/documents/prowler_challenge.htm

jeff00z28
12-02-10, 10:35 pm
nah no pics yet maybe ill post a vid when i get it

jeff00z28
12-20-10, 10:44 pm
just used it with 120lbs. ran it down the parking lot, about 80 yards i guess with the high handles, and then back with the low handles. did that twice it was rough, prolly hit it 2 or 3 times a week till i get my cardio better then just once per week