PDA

View Full Version : Finally solved the shoulder puzzle

McDonalds
12-04-10, 1:19 pm
Without saying too much about my experience in training, I want to say that I have been as dedicated as you can be for some time, but now I have stopped bodybuilding because I have fell in love with MMA.

I now lift weights for endurance and to get as strong core as possible.

I have always had lagging shoulders, and I have approached them in so many ways to gain size but nothing seemed to work.

I did less and less stabilizing movements like standing military presses because I felt my core got a bigger workout than my shoulders, and I wanted only my shoulders to work as hard as possible and make the focus on my shoulders. I did allot of isolating movements like seated dumbbell curls and seated raises of many kinds and machines.

Now that I train mainly for core strength, I did a shoulder workout all standing with as much barbell as possible. Like standing military presses, barbell front raises, standing dumbbell presses and lateral raises and I have never ever been as sore in my shoulders before, two days later the soreness really kicked in, and that usually is a sign that my shoulders have been stimulated too much. Perfect.

I think this problem can translate into any other issue regarding growth of lagging body parts. So if you try to isolate too much it could be a smart thing to get back to basic heavy lifts, I have always been a true believer in free weights and basic lifts, I would never think that I was the one that was isolating too much, but now that I look back I could have been even more of a basic lifter.

Anyways, hope anyone found this useful. I would certainly if I found this some time ago.

GC
12-05-10, 6:55 pm
x2. Coincidentally i did the same thing and my shoulders took off. I went to back to the basics, bb press, upright rows, bb front raises and finished with side laterals x20+ reps. I dont think i leave the rack on shoulder days now.

animal_train_01
12-08-10, 1:02 am
very true, i have this problem with arms