PDA

View Full Version : Touching chest on incline

g_mau18
12-04-10, 5:24 pm
Do you guys touch your chest on incline, i like to because i get a better pump and it feels like my pecs getting torn apart but some national level bbers at my gym told me not to because i risk a rotator cuff injury, whats your input?

Carrnage
12-04-10, 6:26 pm
Do you guys touch your chest on incline, i like to because i get a better pump and it feels like my pecs getting torn apart but some national level bbers at my gym told me not to because i risk a rotator cuff injury, whats your input?

Do what ever feels good, if you ever feel some kind of strain, use different form, just aslong as your "controllin the negative" youl be fine.

Machine
12-04-10, 9:07 pm
I have seen people with massive chests who go all the way to the chest on every rep...and I have seen and trained many athletes that prefer to stop an inch or two before touching...

Seems to be immaterial to some degree...but I personally prefer to touch on every rep as I feel that is a prerequisite of total muscular contraction. Touching on each repetition should not cause you to remove, pause, or break continuous tension of the repetition ever as this is a self defeating act.

MACHINE