PDA

View Full Version : Popcorn?

12-05-10, 12:52 pm
Hello,
little question..

Any idea about popcorn's nutritinal value? Not microwave popcorn, but normal popcorn done with a little bit of olive oil or sunflower oil then heated the corn til they pop..to become pop..corn. haha

Thanks.

IronWilson
12-06-10, 10:49 am
Popcorn, without any butter or table salt, is a good source of carbs. It is whole grain and natural, so it is a healthy snack. That said, there are better choices for carbs if you are looking for energy with less calories.

Adrenaline
12-22-11, 4:52 pm
Hello,
little question..

Any idea about popcorn's nutritinal value? Not microwave popcorn, but normal popcorn done with a little bit of olive oil or sunflower oil then heated the corn til they pop..to become pop..corn. haha

Thanks.

what is "normal" popcorn? i've only seen the stuff in a paper bag that you microwave. are you talking about buying a jar of the kernels? i don't even know how you would go about cooking that shit up but i would like to try. fill me in here bro lol

lukas
12-22-11, 5:16 pm
what is "normal" popcorn? i've only seen the stuff in a paper bag that you microwave. are you talking about buying a jar of the kernels? i don't even know how you would go about cooking that shit up but i would like to try. fill me in here bro lol

Frying pan with a lid man! Heat your fat of choice (couple tablespoons) over medium heat, add popcorn kernals, put the lid on, and continuously shake the pan back and forth over the heat until all the kernals pop. Make sure you keep moving the pan or it'll burn

Adrenaline
12-22-11, 5:33 pm
Frying pan with a lid man! Heat your fat of choice (couple tablespoons) over medium heat, add popcorn kernals, put the lid on, and continuously shake the pan back and forth over the heat until all the kernals pop. Make sure you keep moving the pan or it'll burn

next time i hit my supermarket i'll grab some kernals and try this out thanks for the tip dude