PDA

View Full Version : WpgMuscles Journey to the 2011 Novice championships.

WinnipegMuscle
12-06-10, 12:40 pm
Short Story:
Ive gone from fat to fit to wanting to be bodybuilding ripped, having tipped the scales at over 300lbs previous ive been as low as 181, I got into lifting because I saw it as going hand in hand with weightloss now ive turned it into something bigger.

Short term Goal:
Enter in and win the 2011 Novice championships not only in the junior category (21 and under) but in my weight class as well!

Date of the competition:
March 19th 2011

Current weight:
Aprox 212

Training Style:
Currently 4 days a week, each bodypart once a week with it getting progressively harder as it gets closer and closer. I am also training under a national level bodybuilder who resides here in winnipeg so updates in food/training will be sparatic. More will follow but I have to head to the gym for a leg workout, any questions are welcome I just wanted this up and running.

ProteinJunkie
12-06-10, 1:25 pm
Hey bro,

Another Canadian making his mark! Awesome, I’m in for the ride. We got a CDN Tribe here (http://forum.animalpak.com/group.php?groupid=22). Feel free to join the ranks, introduce yourself and keep your eyes peeled on that link for Universal Nutrition and brother-brand promos that are open to Canadians that you won’t find anywhere else. Welcome bro!

PJ

WinnipegMuscle
12-06-10, 3:33 pm
Hey bro,

Another Canadian making his mark! Awesome, I’m in for the ride. We got a CDN Tribe here (http://forum.animalpak.com/group.php?groupid=22). Feel free to join the ranks, introduce yourself and keep your eyes peeled on that link for Universal Nutrition and brother-brand promos that are open to Canadians that you won’t find anywhere else. Welcome bro!

PJ

Thanks, my journal probably wont be the flashy type with bolds and different colours but an update is an update, ill check it out, In the mean time here is a before and an after(old) picture of me at 181 after my last diet.

http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k189/Marauder43/2004-05-05AndrewandBud002.jpg

http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k189/Marauder43/IMG_2953.jpg

Ah... might as well throw this up it's a zoomed in vacuum

http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k189/Marauder43/IMG_3632.jpg

WinnipegMuscle
12-07-10, 1:29 pm
Did chest and shoulders today, seemed to do something to bother my right shoulder to the point that I even felt it during warmups. Other then that, it was a sick workout, a busy day however so I have yet to finish my work for the day. Doing my half hour of cardio after work!

Hope all is going well with everyone.

Beach91
12-07-10, 2:31 pm
Subbed for the journey my man, I am also in WPG, where do u train at?

WinnipegMuscle
12-08-10, 12:08 am
Subbed for the journey my man, I am also in WPG, where do u train at?

Shapes on mcphillips its close by... and 24 hours lol walking is a pain though. How about you?

Beach91
12-08-10, 9:10 am
Shapes on mcphillips its close by... and 24 hours lol walking is a pain though. How about you?

I train at Shapes on Nairn, its really close to my work

WinnipegMuscle
12-08-10, 10:31 am
I train at Shapes on Nairn, its really close to my work

Ha I keep hearing its a prime location for the typical cardio bunny, my gym.... I dont think I can call it close, its a mile and a half walk there lol.

not the greatest environment to push yourself.

C.Coronato
12-08-10, 11:18 am
Looking good my man. Keep it up! Lots of good Canadian bodybuilders up there. Check them out here:

http://www.universalusa.com/Users/Members/Tony

http://www.universalusa.com/Users/Members/AntoineV

WinnipegMuscle
12-08-10, 12:19 pm
Looking good my man. Keep it up! Lots of good Canadian bodybuilders up there. Check them out here:

http://www.universalusa.com/Users/Members/Tony

http://www.universalusa.com/Users/Members/AntoineV

Thanks, those are old pictures to, I feel as if I have put on some quality weight, I look just as good as I was when I weighed 203 at the start of my last diet and I last weighed at 212.

Antoine is awesome didnt know he was with universal until just recently.

WinnipegMuscle
12-08-10, 11:00 pm
Doing some back training tomorrow morning, I should really get some pictures taken, Ive been told its my strong point.

WinnipegMuscle
12-09-10, 12:39 pm
Doing a back workout tonight due to wanting more time to study for my last exam of the semester it is going to be a late night one and one hell of a ride!

WinnipegMuscle
12-10-10, 9:39 pm
Just did arms, my trainer happened to show up and talked to me about how things are going.

did 21's and dips to failure among other things for a massive arm workout, my biceps hurt so much it hurt to right down what weights I did. Everything seems to be on course so far and the best part is... I finished my last exam yesterday night. so I have almost a month to focus entirely on the prep.

WinnipegMuscle
12-12-10, 9:11 am
I have a legs workout tomorrow, its a definite love hate relationship mostly on the love side to be perfectly honest. Doing ATG squats is the only way I know, going to be fun. less then a few weeks until christmas. i dont know about anyone else but all i ever ask for is stuff to help with bodybuilding now a days, making a MASSIVE order of animal/universal products.

Suggestions?

Ive only used

Animal:

Pak
Flex
Pump

Universal:
Storm
Shock therapy
Ultrawhey pro

WinnipegMuscle
12-13-10, 5:41 pm
Crazy workout, improving on lifts, and in the middle of contest prep? ill take that. Started out with some extensions to warm up the quads as per usual and went over to do some squats ATG,multiple reps, all out. By the end of my squats, leg extensions,curls etc. I could barely support any sort of weight during calve raises!

This got me thinking, what would everyone rather do, higher reps with the lactic acid build up in play, or go through the one rep max.

Finished off the workout with some cardio, and waiting to watch the football game.

ProteinJunkie
12-13-10, 8:44 pm
I have a legs workout tomorrow, its a definite love hate relationship mostly on the love side to be perfectly honest. Doing ATG squats is the only way I know, going to be fun. less then a few weeks until christmas. i dont know about anyone else but all i ever ask for is stuff to help with bodybuilding now a days, making a MASSIVE order of animal/universal products.

Suggestions?

Ive only used

Animal:

Pak
Flex
Pump

Universal:
Storm
Shock therapy
Ultrawhey pro

Sounds like you’ve got some kick-ass Xmas gifts in mind bro. Your list above is solid. Looks like you like the basics (as do I). As for suggestions, I’d be hard pressed to find anyone who would say your list doesn’t cover the much needed basics so about the only thing left to perhaps dabble in is some ‘fun’ supplements, like perhaps a hormone booster like Stak or Test or N1-T. There is also Torrent, your perfect post w/o suppy. You ever supplemented with aminos before, like BCAA’s or EAA’s? You got tons of choices bro. All depends what floats your boat...

WinnipegMuscle
12-13-10, 10:28 pm
Always use EAA's or BCAA's to some degree, I actually have a shopping cart pre planned for when I order.

Animal Pak x 4
Animal Flex x 3
Animal Omega x 3
Animal Nitro x 3
Animal PM x 3
Uni Liver 500 Count x 1
Beef Aminos 400 Count x 1
BCAA Stack Grape x 1
BCAA Stack Orange x 1
Uni liver 250 Count x 1
Beef Amino 200 Count x 1
Natural sterol complex 180 count x 1

Yes a lot but..

Affordable
Covers tons of basics
Nothing over the top
Will be used wisely

ProteinJunkie
12-14-10, 11:54 am
Always use EAA's or BCAA's to some degree, I actually have a shopping cart pre planned for when I order.

Animal Pak x 4
Animal Flex x 3
Animal Omega x 3
Animal Nitro x 3
Animal PM x 3
Uni Liver 500 Count x 1
Beef Aminos 400 Count x 1
BCAA Stack Grape x 1
BCAA Stack Orange x 1
Uni liver 250 Count x 1
Beef Amino 200 Count x 1
Natural sterol complex 180 count x 1

Yes a lot but..

Affordable
Covers tons of basics
Nothing over the top
Will be used wisely

Impressive looking list bro. Who is your shopping cart with?

WinnipegMuscle
12-14-10, 6:36 pm
Impressive looking list bro. Who is your shopping cart with?

Fitness, one. com (no spaces or commas)

It's pretty cheap, cans of flex for 20... Omega..19.

WinnipegMuscle
12-14-10, 6:45 pm
Not to mention a lot of those Items like...

Flex
Uni Liver
Nitro
Beef Aminos

will last quite a while.

Steve48
12-15-10, 7:10 pm
300lbs down to a Ripped 181lbs - Outstanding accomplishment.
You Turned your life around in a very positive way.

Looking forward to following your Show Prep

WinnipegMuscle
12-15-10, 7:28 pm
300lbs down to a Ripped 181lbs - Outstanding accomplishment.
You Turned your life around in a very positive way.

Looking forward to following your Show Prep

Thanks! it was at the very least 300 I think, I look to be well on my way to a great first competition. Ive grown a lot since that 181, and look even better now at aprox 210 then I did at 203 from the start of my last diet. I am thinking middle weights.

I cant wait until I get restocked with the animal/universal arsenal ill out of the basics for a bit.

WinnipegMuscle
12-16-10, 4:59 am
It's pretty much 4 am here, cant really sleep..finished prepping my food for the day, going to practice posing for a good 45 mins to an hour.. I took the plunge and ordered my stack for the long haul, finally going to cover the basics. As well as trying out torrent for the first time ordered the small version of the apple flavor and will use it post workout on cheat days since it isnt a designated meal/shake in my plan.

I'll be plenty stocked with..

Pak
Flex
Omega
Nitro
PM
Uni Liver
Beef Amino's

Nothing over the top, ready to roll.... novice competition or not.

ProteinJunkie
12-16-10, 10:22 am
Fitness, one. com (no spaces or commas)

It's pretty cheap, cans of flex for 20... Omega..19.

Yeh, I figured as much. Well, if you ever are in need of something last minute and don’t want to risk importing from the States, feel free to hit me up. Enjoy my man.

WinnipegMuscle
12-16-10, 5:11 pm
Yeh, I figured as much. Well, if you ever are in need of something last minute and don’t want to risk importing from the States, feel free to hit me up. Enjoy my man.

I noticed you had your own site of animal stuff etc, its just not plausable for myself with other costs such as uni, but thanks! I always look for a reliable source first, I just have happened to order from them a lot.

Should be here within a week, stupid question you've tried torrent no? I ordered the apple. to use on cheat day post workouts

ProteinJunkie
12-16-10, 5:33 pm
I noticed you had your own site of animal stuff etc, its just not plausable for myself with other costs such as uni, but thanks! I always look for a reliable source first, I just have happened to order from them a lot.

Should be here within a week, stupid question you've tried torrent no? I ordered the apple. to use on cheat day post workouts

I understand. Unfortunately comparing what I do vs USA sites is essentially like comparing apples to oranges but hey, such is life. Let me know how it all pans out…

I have tried Torrent, yes and think it’s great. For my buyers, Apple Avalanche was the most popular till Sour Citrus came out. Cherry is good too but all depends on your tastes.

WinnipegMuscle
12-16-10, 11:40 pm
Did back and cardio today, it is pretty simple and clear cut, the pump was rediculous, I found it especially hard to do todays workout with very very little sleep from the previous night, I am suprised that I even did what I did. Since starting my cut ive actually gone from using 90's for a set of 12 for db rows to doing all my sets with 95 and good form to boot so I am pretty happy about that.

I am hoping my order comes relatively soon I ordered some animal PM and would relish it right now.

WinnipegMuscle
12-19-10, 9:55 am
So it's 13 weeks out, the calm before the storm sort to speak lol. Doing legs, calves and cardio today. using the K.I.S.S method, as most of us know the Keep it simple stupid method.

Just hard work and execution of the exercises, I am feeling a bit of stiffness in my knee's since running out of my animal flex just a few short days ago, hopefully the order comes in before christmas lol looking forward to finally having a solid stack and going back on the pak.

Hoping everyone is pushing the weights hard, I am starting my week a day earlier to compensate for christmas.

WinnipegMuscle
12-20-10, 5:09 pm
In trouble.. the guy I was working with for my prep has informed me he wont be training clients anymore hoping everything is ok but I am now at a crossroads being about 13 weeks out.

Beach91
12-21-10, 9:03 am
In trouble.. the guy I was working with for my prep has informed me he wont be training clients anymore hoping everything is ok but I am now at a crossroads being about 13 weeks out.

Is Todd getting out of training? is he possibly getting ready for a show himself?

There are other trainers in Winnipeg my man, like Contestprep.ca, Freak Fitness etc, maybe ask around Shapes to see if other guys have any recommendations

WinnipegMuscle
12-26-10, 8:31 am
Is Todd getting out of training? is he possibly getting ready for a show himself?

There are other trainers in Winnipeg my man, like Contestprep.ca, Freak Fitness etc, maybe ask around Shapes to see if other guys have any recommendations

Ive trained with craig at contestprep before, I talked to him about starting up again but for now it seems like im on my own.

I have no idea what happened with todd, he told me that it was personal reasons(I never asked beyond that) and that he wont be training clients anymore and wished me good luck. Hope everything is ok but it sucks to be dropped like that especially with this being my first prep.

WinnipegMuscle
12-26-10, 8:34 am
Ok, so the christmas relaxation time has past I hope everyone is doing well. Back to the grind as of tomorrow 5 days a week minimum, I have been writing out my own plans for the next while incase I do not train with anyone else, at least until the last month which is possible.

Legs/core/cardio tomorrow and early in the morning as well. I will start posting more then just little updates like these I have just wanted something up and running for the time being.

WinnipegMuscle
12-27-10, 4:16 pm
Did chest/delts/tri

Starting a blast today of DC Training, doing it for about 8 weeks I love the training it is quick and I respond to it well. Pushed 90's on the incline DB press for a total of 25 reps today with the range being 20-30. That was the highlight of the day considering I would barely be able to do maybe half that in the past.

Switched my cardio machine to the eliptical with the same amount of time I like it a lot better then the standard treadmill.

WinnipegMuscle
12-28-10, 4:29 pm
I seem to be unable to post pictures today on the forum but able to over at universal!

check out what I came home to!

http://www.universalusa.com/Users/Members/WinnipegMass