PDA

View Full Version : carbs. ahhhh

mk53220
12-07-10, 2:46 am
I'm non lifting days should I low carb or should I eat the same everyday

Carrnage
12-07-10, 3:10 am
I'm non lifting days should I low carb or should I eat the same everyday

it depends what you mean by low carb, just go by how you feel, id take in some complex carbs in the morning and mid day, and for the rest of your meals, just protein and fat like olive oil, nuts, etc.

mk53220
12-07-10, 4:15 am
Well on lift days I will eat pasta non lift days I'll just take out the pasta for dinner. Everything else the same.

Senurika
12-07-10, 6:43 am
My non working out days, I will normally place all of my Carb foods in the morning. No actual reason, other than it facilitates with energy during the day and I would like to have Carbs for my breakfast. I don't think you should go down calcium or Carbs too much on 'off' days, as you require to repairing your muscles and having fitness for your next day of training.

theharjmann
12-07-10, 7:01 am
People fail to realise that the energy you expend is from the food digested the day prior.

So what you eat today will be used as energy in your workout tomorrow. I eat the same on workout and on non workout days. Non workout are days or REST AND RECUPERATION. You grow when you rest. Therefore i believe it makes sense to eat the same, if not more on non-workout days. If you are scared of getting fat do some light low intensity cardio on rest days to keep metabolism burning, but make sure you get the nutrients in.

On the days i dont train, i replace my postworkout shake with chicken and potatoes as opposed to whey and waxy maize starch.

Big Wides
12-07-10, 7:37 am
what are your goals with the diet?

Big Al
12-07-10, 8:12 am
People fail to realise that the energy you expend is from the food digested the day prior.

So what you eat today will be used as energy in your workout tomorrow. I eat the same on workout and on non workout days. Non workout are days or REST AND RECUPERATION. You grow when you rest. Therefore i believe it makes sense to eat the same, if not more on non-workout days. If you are scared of getting fat do some light low intensity cardio on rest days to keep metabolism burning, but make sure you get the nutrients in.

On the days i dont train, i replace my postworkout shake with chicken and potatoes as opposed to whey and waxy maize starch.

I totaly agree 100% with this. Good job.
Ps. There are better carbs than pasta but thats a whole different topic.LOL

Aggression
12-07-10, 8:51 am
I typically eat the same exact amount of food on training days as I do on non-training days. The only difference is my postWO shake, which I obviously don't drink on non-training days.

Big D
12-07-10, 9:17 am
I totaly agree 100% with this. Good job.
Ps. There are better carbs than pasta but thats a whole different topic.LOL

BIG ALLLLLLLLLLLLL.. good to see youre alive big man...

when ya gunna come train with us up in north jerz?

mk53220
12-07-10, 9:19 am
what are your goals with the diet?

I want to add about 20lbs of muscle. Its my off season for sports so I need to get bigger. I need to get stronger but at the same time I want to get leaner or burn the fat and make the muscle. Kind of clique but I rather look like the dave tate without the gut. Im not a bodybuilder by any means, just want to get bigger and stronger.

PORTERHOUSE
12-07-10, 10:56 am
I typically eat the same exact amount of food on training days as I do on non-training days. The only difference is my postWO shake, which I obviously don't drink on non-training days.

same here.

ryan23
12-07-10, 1:19 pm
HaHa 20 pounds of muscle ha...If you arent on any steriods you better be investing in some....There is no diet in the world that will help you gain 20 pounds of "muscle" and continue to drop fat from your body. And if youre doing it naturally 20 pounds of pure muscle would be a good lifetime goal depending on age....but i am sure there will be someone claiming to have gained 20 pounds of muscle in three months by proper training and diet.....these guys are jokes and make me laugh

PORTERHOUSE
12-07-10, 2:41 pm
HaHa 20 pounds of muscle ha...If you arent on any steriods you better be investing in some....There is no diet in the world that will help you gain 20 pounds of "muscle" and continue to drop fat from your body. And if youre doing it naturally 20 pounds of pure muscle would be a good lifetime goal depending on age....but i am sure there will be someone claiming to have gained 20 pounds of muscle in three months by proper training and diet.....these guys are jokes and make me laugh

I agree, shame on everyone else for not having all the answers, they're all jokes. Lets laugh them right out of town.

ryan23
12-07-10, 6:43 pm
I agree, shame on everyone else for not having all the answers, they're all jokes. Lets laugh them right out of town.

I didnt mean everyone on this site is a joke...i think a guy gaining 20 pounds in one month and thinking its all muscle is a joke....or they will claim its mostly muscle but wonder why their pants don't fit anymore... i know there are a lot of people on here that know what they are talking about but then agian there are the people who have no idea..i think them people are funny and them are the ones i laugh at.

mk53220
12-07-10, 7:05 pm
Ok then ryan23 i appricate your honesty. Let me change it. What I ment was I want to get to a strong 225 with muscle..... If I do gain fat well I can always do the Bodybuilder cutting phase (boooooo).

ryan23
12-07-10, 8:11 pm
Ok then ryan23 i appricate your honesty. Let me change it. What I ment was I want to get to a strong 225 with muscle..... If I do gain fat well I can always do the Bodybuilder cutting phase (boooooo).

I wasnt bashing you really i just didnt want you to get advice from someone and follow it and it be counter productive..

PORTERHOUSE
12-07-10, 8:17 pm
I didnt mean everyone on this site is a joke...i think a guy gaining 20 pounds in one month and thinking its all muscle is a joke....or they will claim its mostly muscle but wonder why their pants don't fit anymore... i know there are a lot of people on here that know what they are talking about but then agian there are the people who have no idea..i think them people are funny and them are the ones i laugh at.

no i got it, I know what you're saying. I agree, there are a lot of dudes out there that think that way, and they are wrong. I was commenting on you laughing at them.

ryan23
12-07-10, 8:33 pm
no i got it, I know what you're saying. I agree, there are a lot of dudes out there that think that way, and they are wrong. I was commenting on you laughing at them.

ok i was just making sure cuase i dont want to piss people off for misunderstanding me..but if i piss them off becuase they are one of them people then i dont care. My best advice to the OP is give it time, grow slow and make sure your diet and training are in check...and if you need help read and find out yourself...this is the most personalized sport there is....you may need 1000g of carbs to grow or just 100 it depends on your body's chemistry...start with a nice solid diet of clean foods and make adjustments depending on your results until you get what you desire

mk53220
12-07-10, 10:40 pm
By no means did you piss me off or was I being sarcastic I guess I was shooting for the moon but I guess Im gonna have to do it in 2 phases Get my strength and weight up and then Just carb cut or cut body fat when Summer calls.

Thanks a ton you all Please follow my journey!

http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?34439-Grow-5-3-1-grow-5-3-1&p=1047761#post1047761