PDA

View Full Version : Fat intake while cutting

torito
12-07-10, 9:58 pm
Hey animals, I am currently on my second cycle of Cuts and so far it has been very good. I have been eating ultra clean with a diet high in protein and low in carbs and fats. My muscle loss has been minimal and I have managed to loose a lot of water and fat weight.

I have 2 more weeks to go on my second cycle and I am having difficulties with the food, I am getting more and more hungry every day. I am not satisfied with the amount of food I am eating, which on my first cycle was enough. I do not know what to do since I don't want to eat to much but I don't want to eat to little.

Should I add some fat into my meals in order to decrease my appetite? The only fat I consume now a days is the fats that come with the tuna, chicken and eggs, which are very low. Currently my fat intake is very low and I do not add any extra fat to any of my meals.

I used to eat natural peanut butter, nuts and olive oil when I was bulking but I took them all out for my cut. I feel it has worked very good but I don't know if by adding some of these fats back into my diet I will be able to decrease my hunger while continuing decreasing my bf%.

Any comments/advise will be highly appreciated!

Peace

Reacher34
12-07-10, 10:33 pm
Hey animals, I am currently on my second cycle of Cuts and so far it has been very good. I have been eating ultra clean with a diet high in protein and low in carbs and fats. My muscle loss has been minimal and I have managed to loose a lot of water and fat weight.

I have 2 more weeks to go on my second cycle and I am having difficulties with the food, I am getting more and more hungry every day. I am not satisfied with the amount of food I am eating, which on my first cycle was enough. I do not know what to do since I don't want to eat to much but I don't want to eat to little.

Should I add some fat into my meals in order to decrease my appetite? The only fat I consume now a days is the fats that come with the tuna, chicken and eggs, which are very low. Currently my fat intake is very low and I do not add any extra fat to any of my meals.

I used to eat natural peanut butter, nuts and olive oil when I was bulking but I took them all out for my cut. I feel it has worked very good but I don't know if by adding some of these fats back into my diet I will be able to decrease my hunger while continuing decreasing my bf%.

Peace

Its worth a try. I think its not as simple as asking somebody else. Its probably gonna be something you have to figure out on your own. For example, I've learned that a ketogenic diet doesn't suit my body well, but a carb-cycled diet with LOW fats shreds me, keeps me fuller, stronger, and vascular. I think its probably different for everybody.

I'd say go ahead and add a LITTLE BIT of fat and see what happens. Let us know. Good luck!

AKN
12-08-10, 8:44 pm
How many calories are you eating per day? I would recommend eating maintenance+ 2xbw in calories every 3-4 days to keep your bmr up. A lot of bodybuilders like 40% pro 40% carb and 20% fat for a basic cut. Dorian Yates however used a 50-55% carb, 30%pro and 15-20%fat.

theharjmann
12-09-10, 4:11 am

Peace

muscle loss should be zero!

eat some more if your body is telling you to

its better to eat more and do a bit more cardio as opposed to eat less and do less cardio

your muscles need food otherwise they die...

Young1
12-09-10, 8:26 am
If your body is trying to tell you something then listen to it. It's completely normal to feel hungrier the deeper you get into a cut. 2 cycles deep with ample cardio means your metabolism is jacked and can probably handle some more food without inhibiting fat loss.

Limiting your fat intake for an extended period of time will put your body in a fat deprived state. When you're fat deprived, your body thinks it's starving and will actually try to horde more fat. This is definitely not optimal for a cut. I wouldn't suggest adding a bunch of fat right away but you could switch some of your lean protein for those containing lots of EFAs. So, if you eating lots of chicken and tuna switch it for salmon or even some lean ground beef.

Whatever you do, take small steps. Add some fattier protein, monitor how your body responds and proceed accordingly. This will also help with the appetite as fats satiate the body and make you feel fuller.

C.Coronato
12-09-10, 9:39 am
It is very normal to be more hungry as your diet goes on. If you are not looking to get on stage then i would certainly say you can add in some fats and even possibly carbs. Play is by ear, but remember you are not going to be 100% full.

torito
12-09-10, 9:45 am
I have lost a MINIMUM amount of muscle, about 1 pound and lost over 15 pounds of fat and water. Don't give me that shit that muscle lost should be zero I have worked my ass off and is very hard to maintain all muscle while cutting, I have tried my best.

As far as changing some of the tuna for lean ground beef sounds good, I will give it a try. I usually get hungry at night, I have tuna and egg whites with veggies and 2 hours later I take my prebed shake. Is it ok to change the tuna from the night to the beef or is it better to keep the fat intake to the beginning of the day? I ask because with my carbs I have all of them early in the day.

Thanks for the help bros! I appreciated

Peace

Reacher34
12-09-10, 5:27 pm
I have lost a MINIMUM amount of muscle, about 1 pound and lost over 15 pounds of fat and water. Don't give me that shit that muscle lost should be zero I have worked my ass off and is very hard to maintain all muscle while cutting, I have tried my best.

As far as changing some of the tuna for lean ground beef sounds good, I will give it a try. I usually get hungry at night, I have tuna and egg whites with veggies and 2 hours later I take my prebed shake. Is it ok to change the tuna from the night to the beef or is it better to keep the fat intake to the beginning of the day? I ask because with my carbs I have all of them early in the day.

Thanks for the help bros! I appreciated

Peace

In my opinion, keep the carbs early in the day and add the fat in at night time as you described. I've had good luck with that and it makes sense to use the fat to slow down digestion and make your food last longer throughout the night.

Also, you're right that (unfortunately) its incredibly difficult to keep muscle loss to zero. You'd have to be seriously on-point and in-tune with every aspect of how your body is responding to all the stresses, stimulants, and nutrients you are subjecting it to. We're talking pro level bodybuilding in my opinion. So yes, while we'd all like to claim that we can cut without any muscle loss, it's difficult for me to believe.

Carrnage
12-09-10, 8:44 pm

Peace

Are you kidding me?!?! I dunno why you would take the fats out?!!? Fats aid in fat loss aswell not just in bulking, use them while you are cutting aswell!! Fats got a bad reputation, damn...i think America is brain washed!! lol!!! Fats will help test levels stay normal to high which will aid big time in fat loss!!! Thats why so many people lose so much muscle and get weaker while cutting, they take the fats out, bad idea! Get in 1 tbsp olive oil or 1 serving of almonds in atleast 3 or 4 of your meals!!! This is a MUST!

Reacher34
12-09-10, 11:57 pm
Are you kidding me?!?! I dunno why you would take the fats out?!!? Fats aid in fat loss aswell not just in bulking, use them while you are cutting aswell!! Fats got a bad reputation, damn...i think America is brain washed!! lol!!! Fats will help test levels stay normal to high which will aid big time in fat loss!!! Thats why so many people lose so much muscle and get weaker while cutting, they take the fats out, bad idea! Get in 1 tbsp olive oil or 1 serving of almonds in atleast 3 or 4 of your meals!!! This is a MUST!

I may have misunderstood the original post. I was assuming he still includes fats in his diet, just that they are at a "low" amount. I agree that fats are essential. HOWEVER, I don't agree with some people who insist that fats must be high to keep strength. I have done a keto diet and kept quality fats high. I got poor results (by my standards) and felt weak in the gym. My body responds better to a low fat amount spread evenly over 7 meals. By manipulating my carbs, I stay strong, full, vascular, and keep shedding bodyfat. This is a good example of how different things work for different people. Hence my suggestion at the beginning of this thread that he add a bit MORE fat in and see how his body responds.

quinto
12-10-10, 10:20 am
are you physically hungry, or mentally hungry? thats something you will have to be able to differenciate between. when cutting, i get hungry. not physically, but mentally. i want to switch up what im eating so i dont get bored with the food. when i get bored, i get mentally hungry. otherwise a handful of nuts (almonds, peanutes, cashews, macadamia) or a scoop of peanut butter does the trick. good fats, protein. and it curbs that hunger.

ronoroa.zoro8
12-13-10, 11:11 am
The body needs healthy fats to keep his immune system, vital organs, maintain levels of good cholesterol and promote healthy skin and hair, as well as those of your diet is a necessity. They also help regulate your insulin levels and help you feel more satisfied after a meal than if you just eat protein and carbs alone.

carbojacob
12-14-10, 1:03 pm
Reduce your calorie intake will increase the fat loss, but only one point you also need to consume enough calories and nutrition to what your body needs to function normally throughout the day. Nutritions is used as energy not only your muscles, but also for your brain and other body parts.