PDA

View Full Version : Pros vs Bros at The Cage 2011

Pages : 1 [2]

Enforcer
01-10-11, 10:23 am
If Big C, Enforcer and BamBam accept the challenge then we can make it happen. What say you??

Im down for whatver just tell me when to fuckin show up!

kolb800
01-10-11, 10:53 am
i would just like to say that i would be willing to do the 500 for reps in the deadlift in the cage this year. i would like to be on Big C's team as well.

Big C
01-10-11, 11:56 am
We could use a guy like Kolb anchoring the team.

I would prefer a lower weight (405 to 455) for higher reps....but if it's 500 so be it. That's fine with me. As long as I can do it how I'm used to training, with straps. I'm a bodybuilder not a powerlifter or strongman lol.

BamBam
01-10-11, 12:41 pm
Im down for whatver just tell me when to fuckin show up!

I accept... LET'S DO IT!!

BamBam
01-10-11, 2:21 pm
Oh... and if nobody else will step up and say something... I'll take on WYCKED too.. Bench press BW for reps? Figure I can do one upper and one lower lift and compete?! I don't know about everyone else... but I'll say this..

You may beat me.. BUT YOU WILL BLEED TO DO IT!!!

I hope my team is ready and you guys understand the "ANIMAL" you just unleashed on Columbus...

IN IRON,
BB-

slvrwolf1
01-10-11, 2:46 pm
damn I gotta be there this year and see this shit

BamBam
01-10-11, 2:53 pm
damn I gotta be there this year and see this shit

Hell yeah man! It's shaping up to be an all out WAR!

dannynb
01-10-11, 3:15 pm
Looking forward to this....can't wait to see the match ups and be a part of it. Already said I'll welcome Wycked to the family and lift against him...hell ill lift against anyone. Just itching to get in there.

BamBam
01-10-11, 3:23 pm
Looking forward to this....can't wait to see the match ups and be a part of it. Already said I'll welcome Wycked to the family and lift against him...hell ill lift against anyone. Just itching to get in there.

Yeah bro.. I can't wait to lift! I know u said u would go up against Wycked but then nobody else seemed to want to other than you so I just said that meaning if they needed more people or whatever for a competition I'd gladly step up! It seems that there are only a select few who want to lift, but many who want to watch.. just my 2 cents.

dannynb
01-10-11, 3:31 pm
Yeah bro.. I can't wait to lift! I know u said u would go up against Wycked but then nobody else seemed to want to other than you so I just said that meaning if they needed more people or whatever for a competition I'd gladly step up! It seems that there are only a select few who want to lift, but many who want to watch.. just my 2 cents.

I understand....to hell with being a spectator, get ya'lls asses in there and do something. To hell with how strong you may or may not be. It's not about all that, it's about getting in there, getting involved....being a part of something. The camaraderie that goes on in these events are priceless. I'd rather get in there and make a complete ass of myself than just sit by and watch someone else.

BamBam
01-10-11, 3:33 pm
I understand....to hell with being a spectator, get ya'lls asses in there and do something. To hell with how strong you may or may not be. It's not about all that, it's about getting in there, getting involved....being a part of something. The camaraderie that goes on in these events are priceless. I'd rather get in there and make a complete ass of myself than just sit by and watch someone else.

Team bro is shaping up to be one HELL of a team.. and I couldn't agree more man!!

TEST YOUR METTLE!!

IN IRON,
BB-

naturalguy
01-10-11, 3:36 pm
I accept... LET'S DO IT!!

Ok looks like the deadlift 3 on 3 for 500 for reps is on

Oh... and if nobody else will step up and say something... I'll take on WYCKED too.. Bench press BW for reps? Figure I can do one upper and one lower lift and compete?! I don't know about everyone else... but I'll say this..

You may beat me.. BUT YOU WILL BLEED TO DO IT!!!

I hope my team is ready and you guys understand the "ANIMAL" you just unleashed on Columbus...

IN IRON,
BB-

Wycked is going to bench bodyweight for reps, you can both take him on if you like

dannynb
01-10-11, 3:50 pm
Wycked is going to bench bodyweight for reps, you can both take him on if you like

Sounds good to me.

Big C
01-10-11, 3:50 pm
i would just like to say that i would be willing to do the 500 for reps in the deadlift in the cage this year. i would like to be on Big C's team as well.

I think they are looking at teams of (3) now, hope they can make room for you big man.

Hola Bola
01-10-11, 4:46 pm
You will be missed greatly bro

Thanks man... although theres always next year right?!?!

Seath308
01-10-11, 4:51 pm
This Team Deadlift Competition is going to be the shit!

Hey if the deadlift is going on Sunday I am Still down to do a Squat on friday...Maybe work up to a Heavy single? 20 year old squatting 750+ Raw might turn some heads. Just throwing that out there.

Vinny G
01-10-11, 4:53 pm

was looking forward to this, i hope all is well.

naturalguy
01-10-11, 4:57 pm
This Team Deadlift Competition is going to be the shit!

Hey if the deadlift is going on Sunday I am Still down to do a Squat on friday...Maybe work up to a Heavy single? 20 year old squatting 750+ Raw might turn some heads. Just throwing that out there.

I think the team deadlift may be on Saturday

was looking forward to this, i hope all is well.

I will miss Hola Bola as well.

You are not out of the woods yet Vin, someone else may step up and challenge you

Wycked
01-10-11, 7:21 pm
can't wait to get in that cage gonna be a blast to lift with u guys , i should be around the 305-315 mark @ the time of the cage regardless though i'll throw 315 around and see what i get to ;)

haven't decided if i'll be doing a show this year or not so hell maybe i'll show up @ 340lbs and try and throw that around for 10 or 30!!! lol who knows

dannynb
01-10-11, 7:32 pm
can't wait to get in that cage gonna be a blast to lift with u guys , i should be around the 305-315 mark @ the time of the cage regardless though i'll throw 315 around and see what i get to ;)

haven't decided if i'll be doing a show this year or not so hell maybe i'll show up @ 340lbs and try and throw that around for 10 or 30!!! lol who knows
340....LOL oh sure show up exactly 100 heavier than me.....show off. Damn beast....I'm working to get there.

Enforcer
01-11-11, 10:05 am

You know it bro, until then keep in touch

Enforcer
01-11-11, 10:07 am
I think the team deadlift may be on Saturday

I will miss Hola Bola as well.

You are not out of the woods yet Vin, someone else may step up and challenge you

Saturday in PRIME TIME...I fuckin love it. Was watching the vids of Rock and McFly doin 405 for reps 2 years ago and we fuckin upped the ante, cant wait, lets do this shit

D-NUTZ
01-11-11, 10:59 am
Here are a list of those that have stated they want in. If anyone wants to be added, state your intentions in this thread.

From here we can begin to set up match ups. I have some ideas of what I think would be some great events.

Pros

VinnyG (bodyweight squats for reps)
House
Wycked
BigAl
Wrath
HigaMonster
S.Clarida
Seath242 (deads)
BigBen (deads)
Big D (deads)

Bros

G Diesel
C.Coronato
Aggression
Enforcer
Big C
Dannynb
Scals17
T.Kemble (military press - Sunday only)
Iceiktitan
BamBam92 (deads)
jesse45690

Now every match up does not have to be a "Pro" vs a "Bro". It could be a Bro vs a Bro, a Pro vs a Pro and it could be a triple match or even teams (2 on 2).

If you guys have a preference on a particular lift let me know and we will try to pair it up.

If you are not going to be in Ohio for the Arnold or want off the list, let me know.

Took out my name. Can't wait to watch these strong bastards move some weight.

BamBam
01-11-11, 11:25 am
Ok looks like the deadlift 3 on 3 for 500 for reps is on

I can't wait for this shit!! It's going to be HUGE!! I want to bring the fucking roof down!! Big C, Enforcer.. you ready?! PRIME TIME DEADLIFTS!! You gotta love it!!

And I'll gladly take him on.. should hit the Cage about 240-250 myself and could hope to hit either one of those weights for 20-30 reps.. When r we looking to do the bench competition?

IN IRON,
BB-

Big C
01-11-11, 4:40 pm
NG....don't forget Kolb on that list. He wants to compete. Don't know if he is considered a pro or bro though.

He posted a couple pages back.

C.Coronato
01-11-11, 4:47 pm
Yo. Strait up, i trained with my man Enforcer last night. He is no joke and is ready. He doesnt just spit his game, he walks that shit too.

naturalguy
01-11-11, 5:02 pm
NG....don't forget Kolb on that list. He wants to compete. Don't know if he is considered a pro or bro though.

He posted a couple pages back.

I won't forget him. We may have too many deadlifters however, let's see how it plays out.

Yo. Strait up, i trained with my man Enforcer last night. He is no joke and is ready. He doesnt just spit his game, he walks that shit too.

Enforcer is chomping at the bit to get at it in The Cage

Enforcer
01-11-11, 6:49 pm

Great session last nite bro, my back is feeling it today. And you damn right bro, cant wait for the Cage this year gonna bring the total package

scals
01-11-11, 7:40 pm
Very interesting idea just thrown out by Aggression. Stay tuned for the details.

Seath308
01-11-11, 8:08 pm
Or touch and go Deadlifts. Pause every DL on the ground.

HIGA MONSTER

This is the plan right? All deads come to a "Dead" stop on the ground ....No bouncing the reps or touch and go? have all the weight deload on the floor then pull again.

Big C
01-11-11, 8:10 pm
If we are gonna be deadlifting that much weight for reps....there were no rules before about "how" to do the rep, I will deadlift how I am accoustomed to doing it. When I go that high, I tend to move a little faster.

For instance, I use straps so that's how I'll do my reps. Take a look back at Cage '09 each guy did it their own way.

Seath308
01-11-11, 8:32 pm
If we are gonna be deadlifting that much weight for reps....there were no rules before about "how" to do the rep, I will deadlift how I am accoustomed to doing it. When I go that high, I tend to move a little faster.

For instance, I use straps so that's how I'll do my reps. Take a look back at Cage '09 each guy did it their own way.

Well I figured if we are all going to use the same weight we would do the same type of lift. There "was" no rules at the previous cages but this year I thought we were having judges for the lifts. I know Higa judging the Squats for depth so everyone lifts are the same difficulty. I figured we would do the same for the deadlift.

Big C
01-11-11, 8:57 pm
Well I figured if we are all going to use the same weight we would do the same type of lift. There "was" no rules at the previous cages but this year I thought we were having judges for the lifts. I know Higa judging the Squats for depth so everyone lifts are the same difficulty. I figured we would do the same for the deadlift.

Right right bro I get what you're saying. I hadn't heard anything about judges...usually we just get in there and do our thing and Vinny G counts the reps. I know I've competed in the curls the past couple years and by the end, those last several reps are "cheat" reps because we are do damn tired. But they still count. Pretty hard to cheat on a deadlift though....either you come up with it or you don't lol. But I know you guys do powerlifting and meets have rules on how the lift should be performed. Bros/Pros is more for fun....and bragging rights of course lol.

HIGA MONSTER
01-11-11, 11:10 pm
Any word on the judging?
No hitching, no high squats, no straps, etc...
HIGA MONSTER

Do you want to be the judge (except for your lift obviously)?

Sure. I will fuckin do it.

Let the people speak...if they want me to do it, I will do it.
Rules will be stated clear way before the Cage. If everyone is in agreement of what the rules are, don't hate if you don't get a rep from me.

Count me in for 500 lb Deadlift for reps NG...if you want me to do that. No belt, no straps...RAW DOG.
HIGA MONSTER

I think Higa would be a great judge, great guy who knows his shit. And if Im doin deads, Im using a belt bro, after years of abuse playing football, I need it...lol
I thought this was settled already, but I will let naturalguy confirm that I was going to be the judge of all the Powerlifting lifts in The Cage, except for.

If I am picked to be the judge, I want to specifically make a video showing the rules that I will follow. These rules will also be approved by Corporate so that everyone understands what I am watching to judge as a legal rep.

As for the Deadlift, I will pick Rage to be my head judge. He can give me the down signal. If Rage doesn't want to do it, I nominate Skibas Gym to do it for me.
I will not touch and go, I will not hitch and I expect my judge to not give me a rep if it doesn't qualify.

I'd rather live with the fact that I got all my reps legit, even if its for fun and braggging rights. I don't want to tarnish the lifting in The Cage by doing half-reps or touch and go lifting. That is not Grant Higa.

I want the audience inside & out of The Cage to know that Animal Pak puts on a huge show in our booth with legit lifting exhibitions and walk away saying, "Holy shit, I can't wait for these motherfuckers to come back next year!"

The last thing I want to hear in person, or online is that Animal Pak doesn't put on good lifting exhibitions in the Cage because one guy didn't touch his chest on a couple of reps in the Bench, or he didn't bury his Squats, or he didn't stand erect with shoulders back on the Deadlift.

Fuck that shit. Do it legit, or we spit on our very name itself. Am I'm a fuckin ANIMAL...
HIGA MONSTER

Big C
01-12-11, 12:05 am
I respect that....but don't fix it if it ain't broke. What exactly needs fixed with Pros/Bros? Kuclo didn't sink his squats as far as some others yet he still won last year and no one complained or said Animal didn't showcase legit lifting exhibitions. I'm 110% Animal and would never disrespect the Cage...and I've never heard anything negative about Pros/Bros in the past from anyone. Just seems like we are making these events catered to powerlifting "rules." The bar has already been set to 500 pounds just because a group of guys wanted it that high.

If there are judges so be it, if you want to count or not count my reps so be it....I plan on doing a lift how I am used to doing the lift and giving the crowd a good show.

ANIMAL 4 LYFE

Rage
01-12-11, 12:17 am
Things didn't go down the way I felt they should have last year with the high rep deads. Vinny was even calling it done before one of them was finished. When it comes to pros vs bros or bros vs bros, I personally feel it's important to use proper form and I will stick with that this year and each year hereafter. When I did my prep for the squat till you drop, I lowered my depth to make them legit. The rules need to be established and enforced. Have fun, but do it right.

Big C
01-12-11, 12:20 am
Things didn't go down the way I felt they should have last year with the high rep deads. Vinny was even calling it done before one of them was finished. When it comes to pros vs bros or bros vs bros, I personally feel it's important to use proper form and I will stick with that this year and each year hereafter. When I did my prep for the squat till you drop, I lowered my depth to make them legit. The rules need to be established and enforced. Have fun, but do it right.

I agree with you Rage, I missed the high rep deads comp last year so I didn't see it. It's just that when you get up there in reps (such as curls or whatever), it's hard not to sacrifice form a bit as the body starts to tire out.

B Con
01-12-11, 8:24 am
Very interesting idea just thrown out by Aggression. Stay tuned for the details.

Jersey shore competition? I think Snooki may be there again....

Aggression
01-12-11, 8:28 am

Right on.

naturalguy
01-12-11, 8:33 am
Here is how I feel, we should have a judge - Higa - however this is a fun competition and guys will be doing high reps so it doesn't have to be contest strict. If there is an obvious rep that is missed then it should not be counted. We can all come to an agreement on proper form for each lift before hand.

Does that make sense? Do you guys agree?

Aggression
01-12-11, 8:36 am
Here is how I feel, we should have a judge - Higa - however this is a fun competition and guys will be doing high reps so it doesn't have to be contest strict. If there is an obvious rep that is missed then it should not be counted.

Agree. Let's not get too carried away here. If someone is hitting up 40+ reps on a deadlift, then form should be strict from start to finish. A little hitch on the 40th rep is no problem in my mind. Barbell curls, as Big C stated, is fine when you have a few cheat curls at the end, but obvious half-reps shouldn't count. Squats, parallel, or ATG, whatever is agreed upon, should be enforced, strictly. Bench Press .. hit your chest. Full lockout? I guess that's to be decided by the competitors. On high rep presses, maybe slightly before lockout. Maxes or big weight presses, full lockout.

J-Dawg
01-12-11, 8:38 am
Here is how I feel, we should have a judge - Higa - however this is a fun competition and guys will be doing high reps so it doesn't have to be contest strict. If there is an obvious rep that is missed then it should not be counted. We can all come to an agreement on proper form for each lift before hand.

It's a combo of not being Debbie Downer (lol) and taking the fun out of the event and still moving the weight in the proper range of motion. I don't think we should restrict some of the more basic bodybuilding gear like straps or wrist wraps or belts or knee wraps (esp. if some of the guys involved aren't powerlifters). And everyone involved in the lifts should come to agreement on the rules prior to the day of the lift.

naturalguy
01-12-11, 8:53 am
So far we have 2 established match ups:

# 1 Pros BIG BEN, seath242 and HIGA MONSTER vs Bros Big C, Enforcer and BamBam92 - Deadlifts 500 for reps, total # of reps for team wins.

Here is your thread: http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?34964-Pros-vs-Bros-Pros-BIG-BEN-seath242-and-HIGA-MONSTER-vs-Bros-Big-C-Enfor&p=1059274#post1059274

# 2 Pro Wycked vs Bro dannynb vs Bro BamBam92 - bench your bodyweight for reps

Here is your thread: http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?34965-Pros-vs-Bros-Pro-Wycked-vs-Bro-dannynb-vs-Bro-BamBam92-bench-your-bodyw&p=1059277#post1059277

Big C
01-12-11, 9:03 am
It's a combo of not being Debbie Downer (lol) and taking the fun out of the event and still moving the weight in the proper range of motion. I don't think we should restrict some of the more basic bodybuilding gear like straps or wrist wraps or belts or knee wraps (esp. if some of the guys involved aren't powerlifters). And everyone involved in the lifts should come to agreement on the rules prior to the day of the lift.

I agree on this. Thanks J-Dawg. We never restricted any of that in the past, why start now?

G Diesel
01-12-11, 9:03 am
Higa will keep an eye on form and keep everybody honest... But let's not ruin the spirit of this competition. This is for fun and to put on a good show for the folks that come out to the expo.

Peace, G

C.Coronato
01-12-11, 9:11 am
Higa will keep an eye on form and keep everybody honest... But let's not ruin the spirit of this competition. This is for fun and to put on a good show for the folks that come out to the expo.

Peace, G

Agreed. I think once it gets to be so serious it gets out of hand. No need for videos or "powerlifting" style rules. Like it has been stated, if it blatant it is not a rep. Most guys dont have any problem with that.

Hola Bola
01-12-11, 9:12 am

Peace, G

Exactly.... its supposed to be fun, like its been in the past. Its not a santioned powerlifting meet.. theres no need to get crazy with the rules.

HIGA MONSTER
01-12-11, 10:07 am
My apologies if I feel like I offended anyone with my post.

Its second nature for me to get defensive with lifting rules in Powerlifting & Strongman because we either get 3 red lights, or lose points in the overall standings due to a missed rep. Again, I am sorry but that is just me.
Thats why I inquired about the rules earlier in this thread.

The comraderie and reputation of The Cage is second to none, and I got to experience that for the first time last year. I am just a guy that lets my lifting do the talking as best as possible and hope to continue that for Animal Pak.

See you in March,
HIGA

Rage
01-12-11, 10:26 am
I agree with ya NG. If your going to do the lift just do it right. Your going to get tired on these high reps...your form is going to suffer...but if your doing a dead, at least hit the floor on each rep....if your doing a squat...at least get close to parallel. You guys know what I'm talking about. It's about being competitive but having a great time and setting an example for everyone.

ghost
01-12-11, 10:30 am
I agree with Higa about the straps, but so many people are getting their panties in a bunch about legit lifts. if you want to see legit lifts, ditch the fuckin straps.

ghost
01-12-11, 10:36 am
i only have 8 and a half fingers. and can only fully grasp with one of my fingers and thumb on my right hand... and i can still do 385 double banded with 100 lbs in chains... without straps.
MAN UP.

Big C
01-12-11, 10:48 am
i only have 8 and a half fingers. and can only fully grasp with one of my fingers and thumb on my right hand... and i can still do 385 double banded with 100 lbs in chains... without straps.
MAN UP.

I hope you're not telling me to man up. I man up every time I set foot inside a gym son. It's how I train and I can't argue with the results. I'm going to practice the over/under grip on heavier sets in the next few weeks.

ghost
01-12-11, 10:52 am
I hope you're not telling me to man up. I man up every time I set foot inside a gym son.

first, I am not your "son." so dont ever call me that.
second. I am telling all of you to quit pissing and fucking moaning about fucking straps. Yeah, i am telling anyone that uses straps in legit lifts where there are judges present to man up. so if you are going to use em, then i guess.. man up. ;)

Big C
01-12-11, 11:01 am
I guess if we if we have to "man" up, House will have to ditch his straps he uses to curl also. He used them against me last year, who cares? He isn't a powerlifter.

Neither am I. It's how I train. If anyone else wants to step up and do this competition with us, be my damn guest.

ghost
01-12-11, 11:02 am
I guess if we if we have to "man" up, House will have to ditch his straps he uses to curl also. He used them against me last year, who cares? He isn't a powerlifter.

Neither am I. It's how I train. If anyone else wants to step up and do this competition with us, be my damn guest.

then have house ditch his straps,. i dont give a shit.

if the lift is being judged, and being judge PROPERLY, straps would automatically get you a red light.

Big C
01-12-11, 11:04 am
then have house ditch his straps,. i dont give a shit.

if the lift is being judged, and being judge PROPERLY, straps would automatically get you a red light.

Did you not read what J Dawg and G were saying? Judges are there to keep the reps honest...not like a sanctioned powerlifting meet.

ghost
01-12-11, 11:05 am
Did you not read what J Dawg and G were saying? Judges are there to keep the reps honest...not like a sanctioned powerlifting meet.
straps aren't "honest" lol.

C.Coronato
01-12-11, 11:06 am
I think it depends. I dont Deadlift with straps at home, Especially singles., but thats simply because i dont go above 10 reps. When i hit 21 with 315, i needed those straps. Same went for Aggression and Scals, 50+ reps, isnt exactly powerlifting, i dont see any problem with straps in higher rep movements like that.

Aggression
01-12-11, 11:24 am
High rep lifts, such as deadlifting 225lbs for 30, 40, 50 reps warrant straps. No if, and's, or buts. The World's Strongest Man even uses straps in the events when deadlifting trucks and cars.

Stop this nonsense in here about straps, belts, raw, eqipped, whatever the fuck. I'm tired of it. If you're in the ring to compete, then decide then and there to use 'help' or not. Leave it up to those competing against each other to make a decision for THEIR event. All this talk is pointless.

J-Dawg
01-12-11, 11:36 am
Big C and ghost: I'm enjoying the back and forth, haha.

Razor
01-12-11, 11:37 am

haha don't encourage them J! :D

Mr. Dead
01-12-11, 11:38 am
"Can't we all just get along...???" *LOL*

ghost
01-12-11, 11:38 am
:D we were having a good time with it. no problems between he and i.

haha don't encourage them J! :D
quiet you lol.

Seath308
01-12-11, 11:41 am
I have NO PROBLEM with straps! At all! BUT I do have a Problem when I see people using straps like this

I know John from powerlifting meet and have trained with him a couple times in this video he calls these Bulllshit Deadlift

815 X 3 on Deadlift

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N4EU4bt2AVw

See this is not what I want to see Bounceing the weight off the floor abusing the use of the straps to help hitch the weight. I'm pretty sure everyone agrees that no reps that looks like this should count. Use the straps if you need to I really don't mind at all but lets at least do the same type of lift.

Big C
01-12-11, 11:48 am
"Can't we all just get along...???" *LOL*

Haha we are. This is what happens when you get a bunch of passionate guys discussing weightlifting.

It's all good. And I agree with what you said Seath.....those are ugly and reps like that shouldn't count.

Big D
01-12-11, 11:49 am
lol i missed out on this yesterday... this is kinda funny...i think if you want to use wraps you can.. but you have to pull in a skirt and a wig beacause thats basically what you are.. but hey what do i know right?

Seath308
01-12-11, 11:52 am
lol i missed out on this yesterday... this is kinda funny...i think if you want to use wraps you can.. but you have to pull in a skirt and a wig beacause thats basically what you are.. but hey what do i know right?

BIG D I just actually "LOL'ed" nice job! Yeah use the wraps if you want but at least try the over under grip and see if it works for you.

HIGA MONSTER
01-12-11, 11:56 am
815 X 3 on Deadlift

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N4EU4bt2AVw
Haha! That was horrid form by Connor!

The problem is, not too many guys can get away with telling Big Jon Connor that his deadlift form sucks when he weighs 410 lbs!!

I can talk shit to him though cause I've seen him blow almost all of his prize money on lap dances at a strip bar in Gatineau, Quebec 2 years ago! Leverage baby!
Last year, we competed in Cheneville, Quebec and this guy came up to us and said, "I remember you. You were the guy laying on the stage while the girl was ALL OVER you doing her dance!" Classic!

HIGA MONSTER

ghost
01-12-11, 12:03 pm
the form in that video was TERRIBLE. hitching like that, what was that at the top? a fucking shrug????

Big C
01-12-11, 3:38 pm

Well yeah I guess so! If I get to talk to the big man at the Arnold, I'll see if I can borrow a wig and skirt if he has one. I think Evan is one of the world's top bodybuilders too...but damn what do I know, right?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rL5FCQpcJx0

Hola Bola
01-12-11, 4:21 pm
Well yeah I guess so! If I get to talk to the big man at the Arnold, I'll see if I can borrow a wig and skirt if he has one. I think Evan is one of the world's top bodybuilders too...but damn what do I know, right?

lol nice... what does he know, right?

Big D
01-12-11, 4:30 pm

Evan will actually be ONSTAGE there, so until you are standing next to him, dont put youself in the same boat.
BUT after he gets OFFSTAGE, and he decides to deadlift 500lbs with straps.. ill ask him.

He HOWEVER isnt lifting in the cage and the only 1 begging to not only 1) use a lighter weight but 2) use straps.
i didnt see any of the other 5 contestants ask for them... did you?

so next time ya show me a youtube video about deadlifting with straps how about you look up Andy Bolten pullin 1008lbs with NO straps and just kinda holding it there hangin the fuck out.

shush. thanks.

ghost
01-12-11, 6:38 pm
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5groVHlMkRE

boom..........
headshot.

Big C
01-12-11, 6:55 pm
I think it depends. I dont Deadlift with straps at home, Especially singles., but thats simply because i dont go above 10 reps. When i hit 21 with 315, i needed those straps. Same went for Aggression and Scals, 50+ reps, isnt exactly powerlifting, i dont see any problem with straps in higher rep movements like that.

Well said big bro. You gonna be competing this year? Hope to see your name in one of the matchups soon...

You've def turned it up a notch since last year's match.

Flash419
01-13-11, 10:36 pm
High rep lifts, such as deadlifting 225lbs for 30, 40, 50 reps warrant straps. No if, and's, or buts. The World's Strongest Man even uses straps in the events when deadlifting trucks and cars.

Stop this nonsense in here about straps, belts, raw, eqipped, whatever the fuck. I'm tired of it. If you're in the ring to compete, then decide then and there to use 'help' or not. Leave it up to those competing against each other to make a decision for THEIR event. All this talk is pointless.

I agree with this completely... if the World's Strongest Men can use straps, then use them. Powerlifting has it's own rules, BUT this isn't a powerlifting competition. Big C has proven himself in the Cage before.. I don't see anyone challenging him to a curl contest. LOL

HIGA MONSTER
01-14-11, 12:31 am
I agree with this completely... if the World's Strongest Men can use straps, then use them. Powerlifting has it's own rules, BUT this isn't a powerlifting competition. Big C has proven himself in the Cage before.. I don't see anyone challenging him to a curl contest. LOL
But its a CAR or TRUCK. Not 500 lbs on a barbbell.

In my humble opinion,
HIGA MONSTER

C.Coronato
01-14-11, 11:58 am
Well said big bro. You gonna be competing this year? Hope to see your name in one of the matchups soon...

You've def turned it up a notch since last year's match.

100% im in brother, looking forward to it for sure.

Enforcer
01-14-11, 1:12 pm

Agreed homie

Enforcer
01-14-11, 1:14 pm

Peace, G

Agreed. I think once it gets to be so serious it gets out of hand. No need for videos or "powerlifting" style rules. Like it has been stated, if it blatant it is not a rep. Most guys dont have any problem with that.

Agreed and I couldnt have said it better myself

BamBam
01-15-11, 11:15 am
Had to read a few pages to catch up but I'm exited for this matchup and to test my mettle against some seriously strong dudes! i know we are going to put on one hell of a show for the crowd! Good luck fellas..

Iceiktitan
01-16-11, 2:55 am
Any bro near the 180 mark want to do 225 for reps against me?

Iceiktitan
01-16-11, 3:14 pm
Edit: On Deads

ghost
01-16-11, 8:48 pm
Edit: On Deads
i may take you up on that.

smoothballer
01-17-11, 8:11 am

Nice! Do It!

Iceiktitan
01-17-11, 2:29 pm
Bring it.

Big C
01-17-11, 4:04 pm
Bring it.

Yes! This, I wanna see. I've got front row tickets.

Firefist
01-19-11, 4:39 pm
Yes! This, I wanna see. I've got front row tickets.

i agree, this has the potential to surpass the epic-ness of the scals/aggresion event last year.

scals
01-19-11, 4:46 pm
i agree, this has the potential to surpass the epic-ness of the scals/aggresion event last year.

Absolutely. Hope you guys do it big!

Iceiktitan
01-20-11, 4:35 am
He has to accept the challenge first.
Absolutely. Hope you guys do it big!

naturalguy
01-20-11, 1:03 pm
Bros vs Bros:

Aggression & C.Coronato VS BCon & Scals17

http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?35048-Bros-vs-Bros-Aggression-amp-C.Coronato-VS-BCon-amp-Scals17&p=1062590#post1062590

B Con
01-20-11, 5:14 pm
Bros vs Bros:

Aggression & C.Coronato VS BCon & Scals17

http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?35048-Bros-vs-Bros-Aggression-amp-C.Coronato-VS-BCon-amp-Scals17&p=1062590#post1062590

Can a brother get a space in his name....

Like Rodney Dangerfield... No respect

Blondie Weapon X
01-20-11, 7:37 pm

hahahaa....I may take you up on that!!!!!! But Im only 160 is that okay????

Blondie Weapon X
01-20-11, 7:47 pm
Where the hell did I read in this Forvm about what Pro's are going to be in the Cage this year???
I cant fucking find it now!!!

Big C
01-20-11, 8:28 pm
hahahaa....I may take you up on that!!!!!! But Im only 160 is that okay????

I would love to see some women compete. We have some hardcore Animal women in the ranks....that would be sweet.

Big D
01-21-11, 9:31 am

throw my name in there and make it a 6 way... jersey vs the world

Aggression
01-21-11, 9:34 am
throw my name in there and make it a 6 way...jersey vs the world

Jersey dominates life

Big D
01-21-11, 9:43 am
Jersey dominates life

make it official. i feel left out not lifting at the cage

naturalguy
01-21-11, 9:45 am

Sorry about that B

Where the hell did I read in this Forvm about what Pro's are going to be in the Cage this year???
I cant fucking find it now!!!

I don't think an official list has been put out yet but here is what I know so far:

Vinny
House
Wrath
Ox (Sunday only as he is competing in the contest)
BigAl
Wycked (IFBB Pro Mike Van Wyck)
HigaMonster
Big Byrd
Tiny Meeker

There will be more pros lifting once it's all official they will be announced.

Oh yeah Stan "The Rhino" Efferding will be doing some crazy feat of strength also.

HIGA MONSTER
01-21-11, 9:47 am
Jersey dominates life
Jeezus...

Blondie Weapon X
01-21-11, 9:49 am
Sorry about that B

I don't think an official list has been put out yet but here is what I know so far:

Vinny
House
Wrath
BigAl
HigaMonster
Big Byrd
Tiny Meeker

Oh yeah Stan "The Rhino" Efferding will be doing some crazy feat of strength also.

Yeah it may not have been an official listing...but I know I read it somewhere.
Thanks!

Big D
01-21-11, 10:41 am
Sorry about that B

Vinny
House
Wrath
BigAl
HigaMonster
Big Byrd
Tiny Meeker

ohhhhhhhhhhh THATS how it is NG? i dont get no love?

naturalguy
01-21-11, 11:27 am
ohhhhhhhhhhh THATS how it is NG? i dont get no love?

You get special billing. You can make a grand entrance but only if you wear the shades

Blondie Weapon X
01-21-11, 11:53 am
You get special billing. You can make a grand entrance but only if you wear the shades

how about a blue mohawk too!!! pink if you're a 'real' animal!!!! lol!!!!!!!

naturalguy
01-21-11, 12:03 pm

Don't dare him, he would

Big D
01-21-11, 12:51 pm

i promise the shades will be in columbus...

ohhhhh i would love to... but they frown on pink mohawks in corporate america.. unfortunately..

Don't dare him, he would
ahhh he knows me too well

Iceiktitan
01-21-11, 4:42 pm
Dixie a 3 way would be sweet. Oh and If I can use straps I'll wear my kilt in the cage.

smoothballer
01-26-11, 8:51 am
It's a little too quiet in here...
Three match-ups have been set up so far. What else is in the works? What do the people want to see?

Blondie Weapon X
01-26-11, 9:58 pm
ohhhhh i would love to... but they frown on pink mohawks in corporate america.. unfortunately..

ahhh he knows me too well[/QUOTE]

Oh you can wash it out or trim it off by Monday!!!
DARE YA! COME ON BIG D!!!!

Blondie Weapon X
01-26-11, 10:02 pm
Dixie a 3 way would be sweet. Oh and If I can use straps I'll wear my kilt in the cage.

You really want a 3 way??? Im gonna get smoked dude!! but it would be FUN!!! Lets all wear kilts because I will wear my straps prolly will wear my versa grips!!!!! lol!!!! What ever it fucking takes to get my 10 off the FLOOR!!! hahahaha!!

Big C
01-26-11, 10:30 pm
What do the people want to see?

Ice, Ghost and Blondie in 225 deads for reps. Two have "manned" up....waiting on the third party! Also, seeing House defend his curl title against someone else and see if he can up his mark to 3-0.

Big D
01-27-11, 9:18 am

ahhh he knows me too well

DARE YA! COME ON BIG D!!!![/QUOTE]

you bring the washable out pink hair dye.. and im down. bahahah

Big D
01-27-11, 9:19 am
Ice, Ghost and Blondie in 225 deads for reps. Two have "manned" up....waiting on the third party! Also, seeing House defend his curl title against someone else and see if he can up his mark to 3-0.

ill curl haha

naturalguy
01-27-11, 9:30 am
ill curl haha

If you are serious - The House is down for curling 1/2 bodyweight for reps

Blondie Weapon X
01-27-11, 12:37 pm

you bring the washable out pink hair dye.. and im down. bahahah[/QUOTE]

You are BADASS!! I will bring the washable pink dye!!!!
Maybe I will bring orange so you can represent Agent O!!

Aggression
01-27-11, 2:26 pm

dont be scurrrred BigD.

Big D
01-27-11, 3:16 pm

yea sure fuck it sign me up... gotta be sunday tho

Big D
01-27-11, 3:17 pm

Maybe I will bring orange so you can represent Agent O!![/QUOTE]

if i can wash it out im down

BamBam
01-27-11, 3:58 pm
Maybe I will bring orange so you can represent Agent O!!

if i can wash it out im down[/QUOTE]

I'll do it with you Big D if you want... you can do pink or orange, and I will do either blue, or.. yellow?

naturalguy
02-02-11, 3:23 pm

It's on, The House vs Big D:

http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?35175-PROS-vs-BROS-quot-Curls-for-the-girls-quot-The-House-vs-Big-D&p=1067457#post1067457

dannynb
02-02-11, 3:26 pm

http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?35175-PROS-vs-BROS-quot-Curls-for-the-girls-quot-The-House-vs-Big-D&p=1067457#post1067457

Let see if House can defend that title!!!

Universal Rep
02-02-11, 3:27 pm

Will there be hotties holdin' up signs for each rep?

Razor
02-02-11, 3:29 pm
Will there be hotties holdin' up signs for each rep?

That goes without sayin LOL

Universal Rep
02-02-11, 3:35 pm
That goes without sayin LOL

Ima comin' to the Arnold...

Mr. Dead
02-02-11, 3:37 pm

Pics... Or it didn't happen...

Razor
02-02-11, 3:45 pm

bahahaahaha

bahahahahaa :D

Universal Rep
02-02-11, 3:46 pm

Negged.

dannynb
02-02-11, 3:48 pm

U-Rep to make an appearance....but that would be like an Elvis sighting....

Mr. Dead
02-02-11, 3:58 pm
Negged.

Negged and not goin' to the Arnold... Life sucks... But... At least I'm not at Banned Camp... *LOL*

Iceiktitan
02-05-11, 8:17 pm
With less than a month till the Arnold weekend I'm surprised this thread isn't getting more interest....Ghost, you accepting my challenge?

BamBam
02-05-11, 8:42 pm
I'm still down to do the hair dye with BIG D if he wants... up to him though..

Blondie Weapon X
02-05-11, 11:22 pm

you bring the washable out pink hair dye.. and im down. bahahah[/QUOTE]

I'm still down to do the hair dye with BIG D if he wants... up to him though..

Which days are you 2 going to be at the cage?? Everyday??

BamBam
02-06-11, 1:48 pm

Which days are you 2 going to be at the cage?? Everyday??[/QUOTE]

Yeah.. I am doin the Pros vs Bros friday and saturday, and will also be there sunday... So friday or saturday preferably for the dye lol

Big Al
02-06-11, 7:18 pm
Damn,I wish I had hair !!!!!!!!!!

D-NUTZ
02-06-11, 8:35 pm
damn,i wish i had hair !!!!!!!!!!

roflcopter

The House
02-06-11, 9:12 pm
Get r done

dannynb
02-06-11, 9:52 pm

You do......its just all on your back....

BamBam
02-06-11, 11:21 pm
You do......its just all on your back....

Bahaha!!

Enforcer
02-07-11, 11:54 am

Fuck that Al bald is beautiful, I'll rock this look to the grave with you

Blondie Weapon X
02-07-11, 9:25 pm

Al, can I draw on your bald head!!! I would have fun!!! lol

naturalguy
02-08-11, 8:24 pm
New matchup:

BigAl vs T. Kemble:

http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?35221-Pros-vs-Bros-Standing-Military-BigAl-vs-T.-Kemble&p=1069681#post1069681

BamBam
02-16-11, 1:59 pm
This Cage is going to be HUGE!!! I dont know how we are going to top it in 2012.. could be the end of the world ya know so we gotta do it BIG haha