PDA

View Full Version : Easier way to eat low fat cottage cheese

Jengyz
12-11-10, 3:20 pm
Hello brothers,

I've been having trouble eating plain cottage cheese, but now I kind of found a solution.

I add 1 grated tomato, some olive oil depending on diet, some black pepper and fresh parsley to 150 grams of cottage cheese. After mixing all, ready to eat. Way better than plain cc.

Bon apetit!

racyhall11
12-14-10, 11:24 pm
It is very important to eat low fat cottage cheese because it is best and healthy food for us. But few easier way to eat low fat cottage cheese such as Instead of popping a high fat, high calorie jalapeno popper, simply dice up some jalapeno slices and mix with cottage cheese. Add fresh peaches, bananas, or pineapple to cottage cheese for protein.

NJC_Manhattan
12-14-10, 11:38 pm
I throw my CC in a blender with my normal shake. Usually goes down pretty easy

Nix0r
12-14-10, 11:46 pm
Am I the only person around who has *zero* qualms about eating it plain? I love the stuff.

That being said, the only thing I've ever really put on it is some black pepper.

quinto
12-15-10, 12:44 am
Am I the only person around who has *zero* qualms about eating it plain? I love the stuff.

same here. i love eating it. it HAS to be fresh however. if its been in the fridge for a week and its been open, it tastes like crap. best bet would be to buy small tubs of the stuff.

otherwise mix some blueberries, cheese, tomatoes in it. i used to be able to eat cottage cheese with chicken N a bisket crackers back in the day like candy. cant find the crackers anymore though.

daphnesy
12-17-10, 9:22 pm
Spicy cottage cheese spread! Instead of popping a high fat, high calorie jalapeno popper, simply dice up some jalapeno slices and mix with cottage cheese. Toast some whole wheat bread and spoon on the spread. Your taste buds will love it and so will your waistline.

Tip: Buy the jalapeno peppers that are in a jar. They are prepared pre-sliced or pre-diced. Experiement with different amounts of peppers to increase or decrease the spice level. Jalapenos are calorie free and are excellent for low calorie diets.

Flavored cottage cheese!

Add one tablespoon of a favorite jam or jelly to fat free or low fat cottage cheese. To lower the calorie count even more, make sure your jam or jelly is pure fruit puree and does not contain added sugar.
#

Cottage cheese lasagna.

Want to make a low fat, low calorie lasagna? Substitute a cottage cheese blend for ricotta cheese. Not only is is lower in calories, but it tastes wonderful. To make the lasagna even more diet friendly, look up low calorie lasagna recipes that include whole wheat lasagna noodles, cottage cheese, and low fat cheese.

Add fresh peaches, bananas, or pineapple to cottage cheese to make a perfectly balanced snack or meal that is high in protein and low in carbs.

Tip: I prefer to mash up any bananas that are a bit on the ripe side, then add my cottage cheese to the mix. It is an excellent way to use the bananas that are getting brown spots and also get a low calorie, low fat, high protein snack!

Carrnage
12-17-10, 9:56 pm
Stop making things easier!!! lol