PDA

View Full Version : the question everyone might benefit from

Joseph V
12-13-10, 4:16 am
What single exercise, or at the most 2 exercises do you feel has contributed to your overall mass? How many sets, and reps do you think are ideal?

*personally , what has worked for me and has helped me recover overall quicker for my body is 1.) Pullups..and 2.) squats). the pullups are excellent for bak work obviously but it also hits other parts such as your biceps and triceps which is always under tension , and most importantly it helps your grip. the squat works out the legs obviously but it helps my core, my back, and it taxes almost the whole nervous system and musculature in the body

for pullups , usually i do ( 4-5 sets, 8-12 reps)

for squats ( 4 sets, 6-12 reps)

Topher
12-13-10, 7:24 am
Squats and deads for me my friend. Squats 3x10 Deads 3x10,8,6. I agree that pullups are great for overall upper body exercise.

Sean_Warrior
12-13-10, 12:25 pm
Decine Bench 6-8 reps

Tbar Row 4-8 reps

jesse45690
12-13-10, 4:21 pm
Squats and deads for me my friend. Squats 3x10 Deads 3x10,8,6. I agree that pullups are great for overall upper body exercise.

Right on my friend.

Carrnage
12-13-10, 4:41 pm
Squats

Deadlifts

Any kind of press or dip aswell

I like rows over chins

Cellardweller
12-13-10, 5:24 pm
Squats, deads and flat bench are at the core. I don't go a week without some kind of shoulder press either. Everything else is built around that.

Machine
12-13-10, 9:42 pm
Squats, deads and flat bench are at the core. I don't go a week without some kind of shoulder press either. Everything else is built around that.

Squats & Military Presses

We all have to remember that amid the changing focuses and goals we have for our physiques...the x factor is the true measuring stick for bodybuilding success. I have always saved the heavy volume for squatting and shoulder training and that has made my physique extremely powerful. People fail to realize that significantly increasing the size and strength of one's shoulders also brings peripheral benefits such as improved chest pressing power and size.

MACHINE

zHazzarD
12-13-10, 9:51 pm
leg extensions and lat pulldowns

shizz702
12-13-10, 10:13 pm
Deadlifts and standing barbell press.

I like the in the 5 rep range.

The_(*)_Jackal
12-13-10, 10:55 pm
Squats and pull downs.
I usually do about 12 reps on each exercises. But I will do the occasional 'Till failure' regiment if I feel the workout's not tough enough.

As they say, you need a good few pounds to add an inch or two to your overall frame, and you're not going to get that weight from your chest or your arms.

There's a reason as to why the back and leg muscles are the biggest parts of the body ladies and gentlemen :D