PDA

View Full Version : Bigger abs

torito
12-13-10, 10:42 pm
So I am about to finish my second cycle of cuts and I have worked my ass off. I managed to lower my BF from 14% to 8%, not bad for a first cut. I am finally able to see my abs, I know this is probably genetics, but my abs are a bit small, is it possible to improve the size? If so, how could I do it? Should I increase the weights on my ab training? I mainly do a high repetition training on my abs, at the end of the day is all about BF to see the abs but once you see them you want them bigger!

Any advise will be highly appreciated!

Peace

Machine
12-13-10, 10:53 pm
So I am about to finish my second cycle of cuts and I have worked my ass off. I managed to lower my BF from 14% to 8%, not bad for a first cut. I am finally able to see my abs, I know this is probably genetics, but my abs are a bit small, is it possible to improve the size? If so, how could I do it? Should I increase the weights on my ab training? I mainly do a high repetition training on my abs, at the end of the day is all about BF to see the abs but once you see them you want them bigger!

Any advise will be highly appreciated!

Peace

You want to be careful to define you path here...are you a power athlete or a bodybuilding enthusiast?

I advise against training the abs with anything more than nominal weight...as you dont want BIGGER ABS...just abs that are extremely well developoed and defined...

Just a thought.

MACHINE

The_(*)_Jackal
12-13-10, 11:11 pm
Sorry to disappoint you bro. But Bigger isn't always better (who woulda' thought right?) at least not in the abdominal department of your body like Machine said. Abs are the way that they are and there's not much you can do to change them. Take me for example, at 4% bodyfat my stomach resembles that of a turtles shell. While at 10% they simply look like smaller squares.

Your abs just seem to be smaller. But perhaps that's a good thing, as that usually means (judging from what I've seen with my friends and from what I've read) that yours will probably look closer to that of an anatomy chart than most peoples when your bodyfat's low enough. :)

Of course that doesn't mean that your shouldn't give a good amount of concentration to your obliques *hint hint* as they can usually make your abs appear deeper and perhaps a bit larger if they are tight and defined enough.

Hoped this helped some.

SleeezyPMartini
12-14-10, 11:12 am
I always benifited from going by the rule of thumb to treat them as any other muscle in ur body. Abs just arent some ancient secret that are only destined for some lucky individuals, they have to be included in some sort of routine to get results. If your goin for bigger abs, than weight resistance is a must; either by free weights or a machine. If your just lookin to define or cut up what you already have, than using your own body weight with high reps should suit you...oh yes, and early a.m. cardio helps for that too.

aussie bulk
12-14-10, 10:18 pm
hey, the question I would raise first is- Do you want abs like Ronnie Coleman? Or like Serge Nubret? Coleman has massive abs, but bloody hell they look awful.... Nubret has smaller abs but he looks incredible.

Careful what you wish for!!!

Machine
12-15-10, 2:32 pm
I think the man is right on the Ronnie Coleman issue

MACHINE