PDA

View Full Version : Wtf i wasted all the money?

tahlaskerssen
12-15-10, 7:32 am
Well, i have been using 1 month of proteins of universal, but what i was doing was preparing the shake before going to gym, excercise and then drink it (1 hour after preparing it). I read that this way the shake loses all its proteins properties, is this true? I wasted $50?

Aggression
12-15-10, 8:22 am
Well, i have been using 1 month of proteins of universal, but what i was doing was preparing the shake before going to gym, excercise and then drink it (1 hour after preparing it). I read that this way the shake loses all its proteins properties, is this true? I wasted $50?

I'm no scientist, nor do I have any statistics for you, but I think that whole idea is a load of crap. I'm sure a slight percentage of it may not be as available as it would be if made immediately before drinking it, but I honestly think its splitting hairs. I always pre-made my shake prior to the gym and then consumed it after. If anyone knows otherwise, I'd be glad to hear/read it.

naturalguy
12-15-10, 8:59 am
You did not waste your money. Pre mixing a shake for 1 hour does not lose the protein in it.

Big D
12-15-10, 9:19 am
if the protein were to be "lost" where would it go? into the water that youd eventually be DRINKING anyway?

no, you dont lose protein and no, you didnt waste your money.

GJN5002
12-15-10, 11:09 am
Im thinking you means the protein degrades. The only thing I know to avoid pre mixing is creatine because it will degrade as its not stable in water for long periods. Your protein is fine.

TRNHRD
12-15-10, 12:53 pm
I don't know if this is plausible for you but if you’re so concerned why not just leave it as a powder until after your workout? I always pack my protein in a protein cup to be consumed after the gym but I don’t put water in it because I’m afraid if I toss my gym bag around and it opens it will soak all my shit.

JasonG
12-15-10, 1:45 pm
That's what I do. I just load my shaker with protein powder and creatine then after the workout I dump my water bottle in so I have a nice cold drink. Plus creatine doesn't stay stable as others have said.

Carrnage
12-15-10, 2:26 pm

Lol what were you expecting from a protein shake anyways?!?

Big Wides
12-15-10, 5:16 pm
protein does not lose anything with the pre-mixing. keep doing what your doing and eat right, you'll see the gains

Shukin
12-15-10, 7:12 pm
I'm no scientist, nor do I have any statistics for you, but I think that whole idea is a load of crap. I'm sure a slight percentage of it may not be as available as it would be if made immediately before drinking it, but I honestly think its splitting hairs. I always pre-made my shake prior to the gym and then consumed it after. If anyone knows otherwise, I'd be glad to hear/read it.

I am with Aggression, it's like expiration dates on dry goods and caned goods, I think they keep for ever if stored properly, but most people fall for the "best if consumed by" date and throw it away and buy more.

The_(*)_Jackal
12-15-10, 7:17 pm
I am with Aggression, it's like expiration dates on dry goods and caned goods, I think they keep for ever if stored properly, but most people fall for the "best if consumed by" date and throw it away and buy more.

I'm with shukin on this. If stored properly, that shit can allow you to survive post nuclear fallout as far as I'm concerned.