PDA

View Full Version : Split Routines

Lifting_Is_Life
12-19-10, 6:20 pm
Wondering on if you should give your muscles extra day's in between workouts throughtout the week. I've been just using a 4 day repeating schedule while changing up reps, weight, adding new sets to keep from reaching a plateau. Going Chest/Tri, next day Back/Bi, followed by Shoulders, lastly Legs and then repeat. I have always felt my body to have recovered over the 4 days of rest and all soreness gone. I have heard great things from Split routines but don't see why not hit the gym if your muscles can handle it. Just wondering, thanks in advance guys.

MRmichael.hooker
12-19-10, 6:34 pm
because you grow when you rest, not when u lift

Lifting_Is_Life
12-19-10, 9:29 pm
Well i understand that, but if i feel relieved of all soreness and feels my muscle have comepletely recovered, main question i guess is are the days off wasted time if my muscles already recover, once recovered and i workout again gives them another chance to recover and rebuild. Correct this if i am wrong, trying to clarify.

Machine
12-19-10, 10:19 pm

Under the strictest terms and definitions; one is resting whenever he or she is not lifting. So I think that I understand what the man is trying to say.

But the truth of any athletes situation is for he or she to determine the most acceptable course of athletic action.

If you feel sufficiently recovered...than hit it again...but I cuation all...calories are the only way to combat overtraining in truth.

MACHINE

Lifting_Is_Life
12-19-10, 11:17 pm
If you feel sufficiently recovered...than hit it again...but I cuation all...calories are the only way to combat overtraining in truth.

MACHINE

Hmm very good point actually, at this point i dont think i have enough caloric intake to workout multiple times a week using this idea, thanks for the help guys, i'm going to start a split routine based a lot around #19 off the website, hope to see gains from it. Keep you updated.

Lifting_Is_Life
*Time in the gym is hard pleasure, Diet in the kitchen is true sacrifice*

MrMonday
12-20-10, 7:12 pm

I have never liked this statement, and would echo what Machine is saying.

If I lift for an hour, six days a week (which I do), I'm lifting for 6 hours out of 168 total hours that week. If you can't recover from that, you're either training like an idiot, or you're eating like an idiot.

The old school guys used to train 3 hours a day, 6 days a week. Now that is approaching a hazardous schedule.