PDA

View Full Version : Overtraining?

SteelaBalla
12-22-10, 8:56 am
Yo i been wonderin somethin for a long time.. Some say the workout should be brief.. Not too many exercises and sets.. The thing is when i start workin out i work out for 2-3 hours and I usually have force reps for almost every sets i do so u know i dont do bullshit workouts.. I just love working out.. Is that bad?? Does working out keep me from growing or delay my muscle growth?

ontheEDGE
12-22-10, 4:06 pm
Lots of info and opinions here: http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?1659-The-Overtraining-Thread

Rest days are more important than you think, despite thoughts that you are wasting a day by not working out.

Jon
12-22-10, 4:09 pm
you would know if you are overtraining.. unless you just started training and don't know your body

Sinister_TES
12-22-10, 4:23 pm
you would know if you are overtraining.. unless you just started training and don't know your body

Ya you will deffianatley know when your voer training, Ive beent here, its not fun. But from the sounds of it you could be on your way to over training. working out for 3 hours and doing forced reps on every set will quickley lead to a halt in your progress. Id suggest toning the volume way pack and only do forced reps on your alst set of each exercise. And you may love working out, but I bet you love seeing results more

d60hanna
12-22-10, 5:40 pm
yea if your training for hours on the same body part then yes your overtraining

BarbellManiac
12-22-10, 9:23 pm
"If you're that guy who wants to be the most hardcore guy in the world and constantly beats the living shit out of himself with his training, you too will just be mediocre. You need the brains to define exactly what the edge is and where the edge is. You need the balls to bring yourself right up to it and then the brains to bring yourself back from it before you fall. " Written by our own Evan the "Ox". http://www.animalpak.com/html/article_details.cfm?ID=452

Great article on how to train with brains, not to be testicularly challenged and train like wimp and neither to have balls of an elephant and kill yourself. Just train right and go home.

Carrnage
12-22-10, 10:49 pm
Yo i been wonderin somethin for a long time.. Some say the workout should be brief.. Not too many exercises and sets.. The thing is when i start workin out i work out for 2-3 hours and I usually have force reps for almost every sets i do so u know i dont do bullshit workouts.. I just love working out.. Is that bad?? Does working out keep me from growing or delay my muscle growth?

You workout for 2-3 hours?!!? Wtf?! lol?

You should be done within 30....maybe 45 min MAX!!!! Stop taking long ass rest periods, 40-60 secs is all you need and is best for releasing more GH, Test. Obviously if its deads or squats taking 3-5 min is ok. And yes....well heavy training to failure taxes the shit out of your CNS, you release cortisol within a 45-60 min of working out, some people make progress training 2 hours!!! But you can damn well reach your potential alot faster if you work out hard, fast, intense in 30,45 min!!! Just less rest periods, tough it up, finish, go home and eat!

korinek00
12-24-10, 7:13 am

Only you can answer this. Are you getting bigger week in and week out? Are you're lifts going up week in and week out? If the answer is no then the your workload is too great in which case your body becomes numb to the stimulus. Rest is just as important as working out.

shizz702
12-25-10, 8:37 pm
"If you're that guy who wants to be the most hardcore guy in the world and constantly beats the living shit out of himself with his training, you too will just be mediocre. You need the brains to define exactly what the edge is and where the edge is. You need the balls to bring yourself right up to it and then the brains to bring yourself back from it before you fall. " Written by our own Evan the "Ox". http://www.animalpak.com/html/article_details.cfm?ID=452

Great article on how to train with brains, not to be testicularly challenged and train like wimp and neither to have balls of an elephant and kill yourself. Just train right and go home.

Ox put that very well. There's a difference between knowing when to push and when to back off. It's all about intensity regulation. You need to blast and make the gains, but you also need to cruise and recover.